----------------------------------- RoboTrap Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:38 am Judge Dredd ----------------------------------- Rebellion and 2000 AD have announced that a new Judge Dredd movie is in development. Together with DNA Films, the movie production company behind such films as Danny Boyle's Sunshine and 28 Weeks Later, Judge Dredd will go into production in 2009. Jason Kingsley, CEO and Creative Director said, "We can't give away too many details at this point, but we're looking forward to working with DNA Films to bring Judge Dredd back to the big screen." Well, this is pretty awesome! I imagine they'll just ignore the previous movie, but I can't think of too many people who'll be up in arms about that, it deviated a lot from the source material as I understand. Thoughts on this new development? I know SIR-ROUND is gonna have something to say. :lol: ----------------------------------- Burnout Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:22 am ----------------------------------- I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT! ----------------------------------- supes2705 Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:06 am ----------------------------------- Iam the law!!!!! it was only a matter of time really ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:24 am ----------------------------------- "Open door, this is the law!!" I hope they will keep in mind following things: -Dredd should NEVER show his face -Judge uniform from comic is better, than this one from 1995 "Judge Dredd" -Black humor and irony MUST be present Maybe they should use the topic of pro-democracy movement, instead of "Just Another Prep Wasted in Big Explosion, Because the Public Always Wants This Sort of Things"? ----------------------------------- Law Giver Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:27 pm ----------------------------------- The original I thought was very good, but this series could use a re-launch. Sadl with the last Punisher movie tanking at the domestic box office, not sure this kinda film will be a success. Dredd must bring THE LAW to the lawless.... ----------------------------------- Robo79 Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:13 am ----------------------------------- That's very good news. I was never a huge fan of 2000AD, but the character of Joe Dredd always intrigued me. Someone with the calibre of an Ed Neumeier or Frank Darabont could come up with a dynamite script. As for the actor to play Dredd, who knows. It would help if they had a real manly jawline, like Clint Eastwood, Nick Nolte or even Clancy Brown. http://www.juniper-crescent.com/gallery/comic_related/Judge_Dredd.jpg ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:09 am ----------------------------------- AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I don't think they should cast a big name a Dredd though, someone who will demand face time. Just get a stunt guy that can act decently enough (Not to hard to top Stallone [Yo, Adrian]) and maybe get a few bigger names in supporting roles, like a bad guy or Chief Judge or something. Behind Robocop, this in probably the other property that I'd like to see a great remake/adaption of. Just don't take the fucking helmet off... ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:09 am ----------------------------------- That's great! Let's hope they make it atleast as good as the previous one! ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:45 am ----------------------------------- I bet, that new Dredd's face will be visible... :( Hollywood have bad habit for screwing up some things... :( And please, don't do just another police thiller, this time placed in MC-1. The most fun thing about Dredd is the ultrauthoritarian rule of Judges and satire on contemporary police' survillance etc. ----------------------------------- supes2705 Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:35 pm ----------------------------------- Aslong as they don't show his face, Ill check it out ----------------------------------- Archive Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:33 pm ----------------------------------- As some other sites have also mentioned this is the third time they have tried to make a new Dredd movie. Way back in 2001, Rebellion announced plans for new back-to-back JUDGE DREDD flicks, one involving corruption in Mega City One's legal system and the other pitting Dredd against the notorious supernatural Judge Death. Then in 2004, a new production company reported they were scrapping previous scripts and starting from scratch. Who knows, maybe it'll actually happen this time ----------------------------------- RoboTrap Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:39 pm ----------------------------------- I bet, that new Dredd's face will be visible... :( Hollywood have bad habit for screwing up some things... :( Good thing this isn't a Hollywood production then, huh? ;) ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:58 am ----------------------------------- I bet, that new Dredd's face will be visible... :( Hollywood have bad habit for screwing up some things... :( Good thing this isn't a Hollywood production then, huh? ;)Oh, I didn't took notice! That's a good news!! ----------------------------------- Rook Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:53 am ----------------------------------- Frankly, I didn't grow up with the years of baggage and expectations for the first Dredd film, and I flat out loved it. I actually prefer the costumes from the film over the comic version, but I agree that Dredd shouldn't take off the helmet. But then again, even Robocop took off his helmet... and his was bolted on. ;) Russ ----------------------------------- Law Giver Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:26 pm ----------------------------------- Yeah I never understood the helmet issue, although I think he should worn the helmet a bit more in the first movie, but a helmet cant stay on forever nor is it bolted on(as the other guy above me mentioned). Also I doubt very much they will have Dredd blow someone away for spitting on the sidewalk or jaywalking. :lol: ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:24 pm ----------------------------------- Anyone who read the comics a bunch will understand the helmet issue. He never showed his face! Not once...the helmet was removed a couple of times, but the reader never got to see what he looked like, and in one instance it was suggested he might be deformed. But never did he waltz around nonchalantly, helmet completely discarded. It's kind of like if in the new Robocop movie they decided to give Robocop a shotgun instead of an Auto-9. It's just like WTF? Why? ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:56 pm ----------------------------------- Some time ago 2000 AD had hired a guy who was dressed in Judge costume during some kind of promo event... http://pics.livejournal.com/hipsterdad/pic/000x0tf1 http://pics.livejournal.com/hipsterdad/pic/000x1s9y ----------------------------------- supes2705 Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:55 pm ----------------------------------- Some time ago 2000 AD had hired a guy who was dressed in Judge costume during some kind of promo event... I think the costume should be based on the comics with some relastic tweaks ----------------------------------- Burnout Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:46 am ----------------------------------- Some new concept art from the flick: http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/io9/2009/01/riotjudges.jpg http://cache.io9.com/assets/images/gallery/8/2009/01/medium_3177607848_339f27d536_o.jpg [url=http://io9.com/5125143/he-is-the-law-your-first-look-at-judge-dredd-movie]source ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:53 pm ----------------------------------- That costume is pretty fucking awesome, it actually retained the bright colors of the comic while not looking too out of place. If that was the costume they used for the film I'd cream corn. I don't really know what to make of the concept art as it's pretty blurry and vague, but they haven't stolen any bits from RoboCain so it can't be too bad. ----------------------------------- Kevlar Antelope Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:08 pm ----------------------------------- That costume is pretty fucking awesome, it actually retained the bright colors of the comic while not looking too out of place. If that was the costume they used for the film I'd cream corn. I don't really know what to make of the concept art as it's pretty blurry and vague, but they haven't stolen any bits from RoboCain so it can't be too bad. I always thought the Judge Dredd costume was pretty fucking awesome as well. ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:04 pm ----------------------------------- That costume is pretty fucking awesome, it actually retained the bright colors of the comic while not looking too out of place. If that was the costume they used for the film I'd cream corn. I don't really know what to make of the concept art as it's pretty blurry and vague, but they haven't stolen any bits from RoboCain so it can't be too bad. I always thought the Judge Dredd costume was pretty fucking awesome as well.True: http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/judge-dredd-2000-ad/511-1.jpg http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/judge-dredd-2000-ad/522-1.jpg ----------------------------------- supes2705 Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:04 pm ----------------------------------- The concept art looks good ----------------------------------- AlexMurphy Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:27 pm ----------------------------------- Despite being a Stallone fan, I never actually liked the Judge Dredd movie. But the visual, costumes and everything were pretty awesome, and I think Stallone did look like Dredd under the helmet. ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:01 pm ----------------------------------- "You betrayed the law!!!!" Stallone' voice was unconvincing... Moreover, he gived Dredd a bit of Rambo outlook. Imho Dredd schould more be like Dirty Harry. ----------------------------------- Robo79 Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:49 pm ----------------------------------- Guys, I've come up with one man who can play Dredd. It's got to be this fella. He certainly has that iron-jawed look which the character needs. http://l.yimg.com/l/tv/us/img/site/10/53/0000001053_20060919141216.jpg http://www.nndb.com/people/745/000043616/adam-baldwin-sm.jpg If they choose him, as he long as he keeps the helmet on, he'll be fine! :) ----------------------------------- Zentron Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:32 pm ----------------------------------- Hmm, I'm not so sure about that choice Robo79! I think that guy looks rather too young to play Dredd, plus I think he's a bit too chubby-cheeked, he'd have to lose a lot of facial weight before he'd be appropriable! ----------------------------------- RoboTrap Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:19 am ----------------------------------- Jayne would be awesome, I'd watch that in a heartbeat. ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:35 pm ----------------------------------- Hmm, I'm not so sure about that choice Robo79! I think that guy looks rather too young to play Dredd, plus I think he's a bit too chubby-cheeked, he'd have to lose a lot of facial weight before he'd be appropriable! Dredd's comic strip happens in real time, it means that over the lat 30 years Dredd had aged 30 years... So picking up younger actor is not a big deal. ----------------------------------- Law Giver Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:35 am ----------------------------------- I liked Alan Silvestri's score, been listening to it the past few days. That concept art looks pretty good. They beef up the uniform to make it more combat worthy like in the comics. ----------------------------------- protozoan Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:01 pm ----------------------------------- I liked Alan Silvestri's score, been listening to it the past few days. That concept art looks pretty good. They beef up the uniform to make it more combat worthy like in the comics. yeah the score is very epic and cool. i still enjoy watching the movie, for what it is. ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:57 pm ----------------------------------- Well, the opening scene with comic covers popping out from black background was very good. Verhoeven schould make "Judge Dredd" movie, with his cynical viewpoint on modern society, and usage of grotesque violence THAT would be a great movie. :) ----------------------------------- protozoan Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:19 am ----------------------------------- Well, the opening scene with comic covers popping out from black background was very good. Verhoeven schould make "Judge Dredd" movie, with his cynical viewpoint on modern society, and usage of grotesque violence THAT would be a great movie. :) hell yeah paul verhoeven should make judge dredd! like thats gonna happen though, it would be too much like robocop for him i think. ah well, whoever they get, all i care about is that they gotta have judge death in it! and make him really skinny and freaky looking like how simon bisley used to draw him. ----------------------------------- Law Giver Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:53 pm ----------------------------------- I dont trist Verhoeven behind Sci-fi anymore sadly...even his team couldnt turn out any half decent Starship Troopers sequel movies,lol. Hope the new Dredd film will be good though. Will be interesting to see. I liked Stallone's version, but even he recently admitted it was too soft and wouldve liked it to have been darker. ----------------------------------- protozoan Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:28 am ----------------------------------- I dont trist Verhoeven behind Sci-fi anymore sadly...even his team couldnt turn out any half decent Starship Troopers sequel movies,lol. Hope the new Dredd film will be good though. Will be interesting to see. I liked Stallone's version, but even he recently admitted it was too soft and wouldve liked it to have been darker. the reason among many that the starship troopers sequels were average is because paul verhoeven WASN'T involved. ed neumier writing needs a good director and i would trust paul verhoeven 100% doing another sci-fi flick. robocop, total recall, starship troopers and hollow man are all great sci-fi movies!! and his recent movie blackbook was really good. as if he wouldn't show everyone how it should be done. ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:33 pm ----------------------------------- Verhoeven had left America, and return making films in Europe. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Verhoeven#Return_to_the_Netherlands ----------------------------------- protozoan Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:48 am ----------------------------------- i think a judge dredd tv show would be wicked. the comics are more episodic anyway. ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Fri May 08, 2009 4:54 pm ----------------------------------- Dusting off this thread... i think a judge dredd tv show would be wicked. the comics are more episodic anyway. No, the TV series would't work. No TV station would accept NC-17-rated violence. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Fri May 08, 2009 7:12 pm ----------------------------------- Dusting off this thread... i think a judge dredd tv show would be wicked. the comics are more episodic anyway. No, the TV series would't work. No TV station would accept NC-17-rated violence. 1. A lot of you seemed to enjoy the movie, which was rated R, not NC-17... 2. HBO ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Fri May 08, 2009 10:32 pm ----------------------------------- Dusting off this thread... i think a judge dredd tv show would be wicked. the comics are more episodic anyway. No, the TV series would't work. No TV station would accept NC-17-rated violence. 1. A lot of you seemed to enjoy the movie, which was rated R, not NC-17... 2. HBO R-rated Dredd is a cool idea for me. :> ----------------------------------- protozoan Fri May 08, 2009 11:31 pm ----------------------------------- Dusting off this thread... i think a judge dredd tv show would be wicked. the comics are more episodic anyway. No, the TV series would't work. No TV station would accept NC-17-rated violence. depends if you're thinking of 2000 A.D. dredd violence or the older comics violence. couldn't be any worse than CSI anyway but yeah scratch that, we need an ultraviolent judge dredd movie :D ----------------------------------- AlexMurphy Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:39 pm ----------------------------------- Just don't take the fucking helmet off... Or if he does, they could do this; http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b123/Burai/dredd.jpg LOL If he does take his helmet the film, they'll probably just use angles so you don't see his face. ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:23 pm ----------------------------------- This is a very good solution of that problem. :) They could use closeup of his mouth only, when he was speaking without helmet on etc. ----------------------------------- sullos Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:05 pm ----------------------------------- cant recall; the comics very well, I agree stallone needed "face time" comment, isnt that what they all do with hollywood movies to make them a drawcard? I liked that they used relatively unknown actors in Watchmen so you could focus more on the storyline then the actors, who watches tombraider for the story I watched it for Angelina ;) Now who should play Hershey? Personally I didnt mind Diane Lane :) ----------------------------------- Oramac Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:09 pm ----------------------------------- I want to build an ABC Bot !! ----------------------------------- Superquad7 Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:38 am ----------------------------------- I rather enjoyed the '95 film, but there was much I didn't like about it as well. Seeing even the possibility of a reboot is exciting :) I like the idea of taking a "no-name" actor for the role, but I'm often a fan of that anyways :) The '95 film had a lot of great things in it that I really felt that are done well. Despite that feeling, I've really been wanting a new Judge Dredd flick to come around :) ----------------------------------- Archive Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:14 pm ----------------------------------- Production seems to be on track. Latest update is that Karl Urban has singed on as Judge Dredd. http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/urbdredd.jpg ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:43 pm ----------------------------------- I hope they'll give us dark irony and some metaphorical satire on contemporary police' surveillance. Let's face it: the homeland of Judge Dredd comics is the country, that have the largest CCTV network in the world. It's just begging for satire. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:35 am ----------------------------------- Production seems to be on track. Latest update is that Karl Urban has singed on as Judge Dredd. http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/urbdredd.jpg I can't really imagine him in the role...I though Stallone was perfect in the old one. ----------------------------------- vegasrobo Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:41 pm ----------------------------------- Pictures of Urban on CHUD.com as Dredd..Costume test shot's..Time to pass judgement on the new Judge.Pass or Fail..So far it's an epic fail for me.. ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:42 am ----------------------------------- You mean this? http://www.chud.com/articles/articles/26511/1/DREDDING-YOUR-FIRST-PEEK-AT-URBAN-AS-THE-JUDGE-HERE-IT-IS/Page1.html Well, too much armour plating... ----------------------------------- vegasrobo Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:33 pm ----------------------------------- Yep thats it..Total garbage I hope they DO NOT use this.. ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:46 am ----------------------------------- I don't know how I feel about this. I mean, it's not great, but as long as they get the attitude right, then it can't be that can't bad can it? Emphasize that chin damn it!!! ----------------------------------- WeKilledYou Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:20 am ----------------------------------- Hopefully that was just an early test or concept, as I'm not liking it all that much myself. Although I think out of all the younger actors that are out there today, Karl Urban is probably one of the better ones. I'd rather see him then Colin Farrel*cough* Total Recall*cough*... I read that they're trying to go for Blade Runner meets Clockwork Orange. Wait, what? Why?? ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:17 am ----------------------------------- Judge Dredd is one of my favorite characters across all media formats, so I pray they do the movie right. I'm hoping they stick a bit closer to the comic books in that they DO NOT SHOW HIS FACE. Seriously, they don't ever show a clear shot of his faces in the comic books so they should get someone who doesn't care about having their exposed mug all over the film. Maybe in like the last scene of the movie or something, but ripping the helmet off 20 minutes into the movie and not putting it on again is not how Dredd operates. ----------------------------------- ROM Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:11 pm ----------------------------------- New "Dredd" photos: http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168025-new-dredd-photos-debut http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l296/shazam-kree/dredd-2.jpg http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l296/shazam-kree/dreddempire.jpg http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l296/shazam-kree/dreddstill.jpg http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l296/shazam-kree/judges.jpg http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l296/shazam-kree/mamama.jpg ----------------------------------- Josh Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:24 pm ----------------------------------- I was just going to post that I had seen these in the same magazine. And why is Urban sucking a piss covered lemon? I know that Dredd looks stern and badass but he is trying way to hard. Other than that the shots look pretty cool (apart from the photoshopped cover). My only other gripe is that every shot I have seen of Hershey she isn't wearing the helmet... ----------------------------------- ROM Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:41 pm ----------------------------------- I was just going to post that I had seen these in the same magazine. And why is Urban sucking a piss covered lemon? I know that Dredd looks stern and badass but he is trying way to hard. Other than that the shots look pretty cool (apart from the photoshopped cover). My only other gripe is that every shot I have seen of Hershey she isn't wearing the helmet... That's not Hershey. That's Psi-Judge Cassandra Anderson. More often than not, in the comics, she's helmetless. ----------------------------------- Josh Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:23 pm ----------------------------------- That's not Hershey. That's Psi-Judge Cassandra Anderson. More often than not, in the comics, she's helmetless. I stand corrected. SiR, don't be mad, I don't read the comics. ----------------------------------- Archive Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:43 pm ----------------------------------- I gotta say I'm disappointed in how Dredd looks. I expected him to be much more buffed up but i guess it has a lot to do with the missing shoulders. Of course my reference is with the Stallone movie and not the comic which is the main inspiration for the new movie. ----------------------------------- ROM Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:52 pm ----------------------------------- That's not Hershey. That's Psi-Judge Cassandra Anderson. More often than not, in the comics, she's helmetless. I stand corrected. SiR, don't be mad, I don't read the comics. I'm not mad:) ----------------------------------- ROM Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:00 pm ----------------------------------- I gotta say I'm disappointed in how Dredd looks. I expected him to be much more buffed up but i guess it has a lot to do with the missing shoulders. Of course my reference is with the Stallone movie and not the comic which is the main inspiration for the new movie. Dredd had very much been concieved as thin/wiry, e.g. Clint Eastwood. I've always seen Dredd as physically less Arnold, more Michael Biehn(who, by the way, actually tested for the role of Judge Dredd in this new film). http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l296/shazam-kree/Snapshot_20110716_1.jpg http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l296/shazam-kree/Snapshot_20110716_2.jpg ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:51 am ----------------------------------- It's true Dredd at least used to be a bit on the slimmer side in recent years I think they've made him a lot bulkier in recent years. I like the suit but not so much the face....I mean he's supposed to have a grim mug not look like he's shitting cannonballs and smelling some nasty fish at the same time. ----------------------------------- ROM Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:50 am ----------------------------------- It's true Dredd at least used to be a bit on the slimmer side in recent years I think they've made him a lot bulkier in recent years. I like the suit but not so much the face....I mean he's supposed to have a grim mug not look like he's shitting cannonballs and smelling some nasty fish at the same time. ...you mean like this: http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l296/shazam-kree/dreddtoilet.jpg[/img] :wink: ....anyway, Urban's expression in the Empire cover reminds me of the way Cliff Robinson(artist of image above) usually does Dredd's face. Most everyone at the 2000AD boards is quite happy with the looks. I very much like that they went for a kinda' amped-up version of Mad Max for the body suit. Very appropriate ----------------------------------- WeKilledYou Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:08 am ----------------------------------- His face looks god awful on the cover of that Empire magazine. All the other shots look alright I guess. ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:03 am ----------------------------------- Well, helmet is still too big, compared to face, but the jawline looks mean and that's good. And those uniforms looks better, than those ones designed by Versace for first Dredd movie. They really have military/police feeling. ----------------------------------- ROM Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:05 am ----------------------------------- Some slight "bumpy" news for Dredd, as director Pete Travis is taken out of the editing room and screenwriter-producer Alex Garland takes charge of the process and seeks co-director credit: http://collider.com/dredd-director-e...oblems/119348/ ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:10 pm ----------------------------------- Well, it sounds like... bad omen. :| But on the other hand, "Star Wars" were also re-edited by someone who was not a director. ----------------------------------- ROM Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:04 pm ----------------------------------- ....and let's not forget Superman II either. ----------------------------------- ROM Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:05 pm ----------------------------------- Official statement with clarification: http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168586-official-statement-on-dredd-released "During all stages of the filmmaking, 'Dredd' has been a collaboration between a number of dedicated creative parties. From the outset we decided on an unorthodox collaboration to make the film. This situation has been misinterpreted. To set the record straight, Pete was not fired and remains a central part of the collaboration, and Alex is not seeking a co-director credit. We are all extremely proud of the film we have made, and respectfully suggest that it is judged on viewing when its released next year." ----------------------------------- vegasrobo Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:49 pm ----------------------------------- Thats abit more promising than the stuff I've been reading....By the way ROM was a childhood favorites of mine great comic! ----------------------------------- ROM Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:17 am ----------------------------------- Yeah, he was so cool. I wish they would bring him back to comics. I like the little walk-on he had on the short-lived Silver Surfer cartoon. It's nice how Robo is partly an answer to those Marvel mechanical wonders like ROM, Machine Man, Deathlock, and Iron Man(as well as Judge Dredd). ----------------------------------- ROM Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:15 pm ----------------------------------- New photos!! http://karlurbankiwi.creatuforo.com/dredd2012filming-promotion-still-temas16703.html#16703 http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l296/shazam-kree/DreddAnderson.jpghttp://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l296/shazam-kree/Dreddfiring.jpghttp://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l296/shazam-kree/DreddUrban.jpg[/img] ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:33 am ----------------------------------- Wow, that actually is looking quite dopetacular though the suit isn't all that comic accurate. Still, at least he's leaving the helmet on and he's got that grim mug down pat without it looking silly. ----------------------------------- Josh Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:34 am ----------------------------------- I'm actually looking forward to this. ----------------------------------- Robo79 Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:15 pm ----------------------------------- Looks great. Thanks for posting these. I bought the last ever edition of UK action movie magazine IMPACT today and there was a bit about the new Judge Dredd film, giving a special mention to the fact that Karl Urban wouldn't have done the movie if there was a scene where Dredd removed his helmet which is one of the reasons why the Sylvester Stallone film was lambasted. ----------------------------------- vegasrobo Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:30 pm ----------------------------------- You shoulda posted the one of Anderson shooting a perp in the head!....This is looking to be the movie the Robocop remake should aspire too be...Even after all the rumors of problems it looks great in tone and over all look..And that my Friends is about 75% of the game right there.. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:53 am ----------------------------------- Karl Urban wouldn't have done the movie if there was a scene where Dredd removed his helmet. I would really like to shake this man's hand, then have a long discussion with him about the meaning of life, in which I expect he would tell me undeniable secrets of the universe cause he seems to know what the fuck is good. ----------------------------------- Lexington Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:12 pm ----------------------------------- I'm actually looking forward to this. This. <3 the Dredd books/stories I have read. They're usually pretty funny, too. ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:53 pm ----------------------------------- This helmet is too big... ;P ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:54 am ----------------------------------- This helmet is too big... ;P I think it's actually that the shoulder pads are waaay too small, so it makes the helmet look a lot bigger than it would if the whole body suit was proportionate. ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:56 pm ----------------------------------- Anyway, the suit design is much more realistic than i comics, more utilitarian and less "stylistic" than those ones (designed by Versace) from 1995 movie. Big shoulder pads would defy that choice made by designers. ----------------------------------- Zentron Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:08 pm ----------------------------------- I think it's the large padded collar that makes the helmet look too big, remove that and the proportions might look better! ----------------------------------- RoboHell Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:30 pm ----------------------------------- Yeah that neck thing is big as hell, it looks like my neck pillow i take on trips. I just watched D.D. with Sly....i still like it! But this looks like it's going to stay true to the comics, can't wait to see it. ----------------------------------- RoboFan_93 Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:13 pm ----------------------------------- Never read the comics (besides the crossovers with Batman), but this looks promising. I liked the one with Sly as well. ----------------------------------- ROM Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:17 am ----------------------------------- Simon Pegg wishes 2000AD a Happy 35th Birthday, along with a special guest!! http://www.2000adonline.com/news/22-02-2012/happy_birthday_2000_ad_from_simon_pegg_and_a_special_guest/ ----------------------------------- AlexMurphy Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:36 pm ----------------------------------- Simon Pegg wishes 2000AD a Happy 35th Birthday, along with a special guest!! http://www.2000adonline.com/news/22-02-2012/happy_birthday_2000_ad_from_simon_pegg_and_a_special_guest/ Well, he's definitely got the voice. ----------------------------------- ROM Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:42 pm ----------------------------------- Official movie poster: http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l296/shazam-kree/Dreddmovieposter.jpg ...and new still: http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l296/shazam-kree/Dreddstillsky.jpg http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/171035-the-dredd-poster-has-arrived ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:25 pm ----------------------------------- That really is the sex, I'm so glad that the Sylvester Dredd film didn't stop a decent (hopefully) Dredd film from being made, but everything they've done so far on this one looks to be exactly what a Judge Dredd movie should be. ----------------------------------- Josh Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:06 pm ----------------------------------- That does look nice and I hope it's as good as the pictures are making it look. If the reviews are good then the missus said she will even see it with me. Here's hoping. ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:38 pm ----------------------------------- Yes! Yes! BTW: civilian's costumes looks very contemporary... I guess its because makers tried to avoid over-stylization...