----------------------------------- bobjen Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:08 am Robocop 2 photos from crewmember NEVER seen before ----------------------------------- No.... really. ----------------------------------- bobjen Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:15 am and here's some... ----------------------------------- Below is a photo of the Roboteam from R2 on set. We are wearing jackets that were given to us by Peter (great for us, pissed off the rest of the crew :( ) http://i47.tinypic.com/2zyfx51.jpg ----------------------------------- bobjen Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:20 am ----------------------------------- Here are some pics of the day Peter brought his Testarrossa to set for us to salivate over... http://i46.tinypic.com/34pnl7d.jpg http://i47.tinypic.com/2chov1f.jpg ----------------------------------- bobjen Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:22 am ----------------------------------- and for you ChaosOne... delivery day on "automatronic" Robo... http://i47.tinypic.com/34nqs6p.jpg ----------------------------------- Mephisto Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:25 am ----------------------------------- Bob, I gotta say a big thank you for sharing these pics with us. Awesome stiff. :thumb1: By the way, Whatever became of that automatronic Robo after the film wrapped? Is it still around today? ----------------------------------- bobjen Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:27 am ----------------------------------- and last, but not least for today... Roboteam with Peter outside the trailer on set... hope it was worth the wait! http://i46.tinypic.com/2dc5vz4.jpg See you soon with Robo & kirshner and Robo & Frank Miller ----------------------------------- bobjen Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:34 am ----------------------------------- Mephisto, like all good things I assume it is either on display at Bottin's shop or at his house. there really should be a museum space for all this kind of stuff, but, really, who is going to fund something THAT massive? You would need miles of storage for all the stuff from all different movies...hmmm.... then again, there are those lottery winnings I am planning on getting one day... I never stayed in LA except for the stuff for R2, and I don't have any contact with any of those guys anymore (although I have been looking for Dennis Pawlik, the Roboteam head with the glasses, beard, and mustache with the hat on in the last picture) for a couple of months. I don't even know if he is still alive... I know that Dennis built a Robocop for Bottin's house (the internal structure of welded pipe and then mounting the suit) and I believe that that Robo may be the one you see in some of the other photos on this site with Bottin. ----------------------------------- Mephisto Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:28 am ----------------------------------- there really should be a museum space for all this kind of stuff, but, really, who is going to fund something THAT massive? You would need miles of storage for all the stuff from all different movies. The movie studios should build places for them. Either each studio could have a place that could showcase their more famous props, or all the studios could get together and build a place to house and display their most famous items. Of course, they should charge admission to the public to walk through and look at the items, but it would work and people would definetly want to see those items up close and take pics. I'd much rather see these types of things, than any art or science museum. ----------------------------------- bobjen Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:47 am ----------------------------------- plus, can you imagine the FREAKIN' GIFT SHOP!! Holy cow, that alone would be worth the price of admission (and as big as the museum...) :) hmmm.... I am envisioning a Hot Toys section at a discount for employees, investors, and people holding the "frequent visitor" pass... ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:45 am ----------------------------------- Man, Bobjen, who the hell are you? Or am I missing out on the totally obvious abbreviation of "Bob Jen...."? Totally digging the pictures but I have a feeling the man and/or woman in possession of these images would be equally if not more interesting. I'm talking on set stories or knowledge of the production. Ya know, that kind of stuff. Anyways, nice pics. ----------------------------------- RoboTrap Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:30 am ----------------------------------- Wow, freaking fantastic all the way around. I'm loving this! ----------------------------------- murphy38 Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:26 am ----------------------------------- OMG FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE MORE!!!!!!!! +PT again for you :wink: ----------------------------------- Archive Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:54 am ----------------------------------- Great pictures. Really interesting stuff and i look forward to more! :) ----------------------------------- DoktorNo Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:50 pm ----------------------------------- I'll give you public trust +1 for this. :) ----------------------------------- Nika Silwerra Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:50 pm ----------------------------------- woow ! amazing ! We never seen such kind of photos ! It is so personal .. and we have really close to the team of Robocop2 Many thanks for these gems ! Yup .. really happy to see more ! :) PT + of course ! ----------------------------------- bobjen Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:58 pm ----------------------------------- knock, and the door shall be opened... http://i49.tinypic.com/330en46.jpg the guy on the table with the leg is Dennis Pawlik and the guy standing with the blond hair is Russell Towery, robocop stuntman for all 3 movies. White bearded guy is Mark irwin, the DP. The guy in the yellow shirt is Tom Irvine (greatest guy EVER!). I don't remember the guy in brown to the left's name, but he was somehow connected to Forry Ackerman (look him up if you don't know, because you need it to fill out your "cool stuff I know about old movies" card :) ) http://i49.tinypic.com/1zb4g74.jpg The guy in the florescent jacket at bottom is Ralph Unger from Houston (he was the only other person besides me to be taken to Los Angeles from Houston for the month of shooting after principal photography was over). At the time Ralph was heavily into the Art Car scene in Houston... the girl in the upper right is Continuity, I believe and the camera guys, well, try IMDB if you are interested :) ----------------------------------- bobjen Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:10 pm Kirshner and Frank Miller ----------------------------------- OOPS almost forgot. Sorry for the poor framing. The REAL photographer was framing these from waist up, but my little cheap kodak didn't have zoom, so I got what I could. The older white guy is, of course, Irvin Kershner, and the cool guy in the long coat is Frank Miller... http://i50.tinypic.com/2qsxqf5.jpg http://i48.tinypic.com/k1wcbs.jpg http://i45.tinypic.com/359z8l1.jpg plus, that means Peter did not have to wear the diaper (the fiberglass black piece that goes over his butt and joins to the piece that covers waist to crotch up front. There was a metal square rod coming out of the front part that went to a square receiver on the back part, but I am sure anytime you can walk around without a metal rod between your legs is a good day...) And I deeply appreciate the comments, questions, compliments, and Public Trusts. I appreciate the opportunity to share the materials I have had packed away so long... ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:14 pm ----------------------------------- Glad to see Miller always looked goofy, not just in his movie cameos. :b Great pictures, bobjen! Like the others, I too very much appreciate you sharing these with us. Thanks much! :D ----------------------------------- murphy38 Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:53 pm ----------------------------------- please more!!!! you are 19 PT's Now :wink: Murphy38. :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- LuanaTF Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:58 pm ----------------------------------- The pictures are awesome! First-hand life and experience directly from the set :D I was emotioned when I first saw them. Keep sharing! it's great to have you aboard, bobjen! ----------------------------------- Nika Silwerra Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:08 pm ----------------------------------- and 20 PT now .. :) .. Dont worry .. The quality is good ! really no prob ! We are really happy to see these pics in any quality at least ! Just a little pity that Weller did not have the fiberglass parts also on his legs ! :D Thanks you for posting man ! ----------------------------------- chaos one Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:04 pm ----------------------------------- wwowow That's so cool bobjen you're the best. That's an awesome bunch of photos dude. Wow so during the factory scene did they have two tables? One for peter to lay on and another for the camera views? ----------------------------------- ChAnOoD Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:56 pm ----------------------------------- Bobjen, thanks for sharing thoses pictures. It´s always great to see behind the scenes pics and read stories about the filming of those movies! ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:27 pm ----------------------------------- FRANK! Wow, again Bobjen, great pics. ----------------------------------- RoboHell Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:49 pm ----------------------------------- Good lord those are awesome!!! I would be a little worried though, Murphy 38 might track you down and steal all of your stuff!!! :D ----------------------------------- Archive Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:51 pm ----------------------------------- You are a hero bobjen! Thanks for posting! :) ----------------------------------- bobjen Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:14 am not too many more to go... ----------------------------------- okay, so there were about 35 pictures on the 2 rolls I had, and I will continue to post in small batches until the deed is done... ----------------------------------- bobjen Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:36 am and once again... ----------------------------------- this is as far as you will EVER see Robo in the full costume. There are certain things Robo could do like, well, walk. But getting up off the ground or out of a car...or stairs... forget it. http://i48.tinypic.com/239ya.jpg I think this was part of the LA shoot after principal photography. I also realized that I have a box of slides somewhere I need to dig out including the Robo-on-cycle vs. Cain-in-armored-car day. Not a good day. Dick Hancock was coming off the motorcycle on the 3rd run and as he came off he caught his feet on the handlebars. Really unpleasant + a couple days in the hospital. ----------------------------------- bobjen Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:40 am here again, the lovely Irvin Kershner ----------------------------------- Here again, Irvin Kershner at work, fully recovered from the first two weeks of the shoot in Houston that he spent in a wheelchair. I would love to tell you what they are doing, but I have no idea. (I bet one of you does, though...) http://i48.tinypic.com/2zswmll.jpg ----------------------------------- bobjen Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:45 am ----------------------------------- Guns, guns, guns... I sure hope that is the weapons master... This is more of the -jackhammer and rip apart Robo- day. Tom Irvine assumes the position in the background. He kept things moving and had a great personality, really made things go smoothly. When things turned to sh*t on R3 in the first few weeks, the Porduction brought Tom on to calm our nerves... http://i45.tinypic.com/hx0vf5.jpg ----------------------------------- bobjen Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:45 am ----------------------------------- See Robo's pretty ripped up foot in the background on the right? ----------------------------------- RoboHell Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:33 am Re: here again, the lovely Irvin Kershner ----------------------------------- Here again, Irvin Kershner at work, fully recovered from the first two weeks of the shoot in Houston that he spent in a wheelchair. I would love to tell you what they are doing, but I have no idea. (I bet one of you does, though...) http://i48.tinypic.com/2zswmll.jpg This sorta looks like the underground fight scene between Cain and Robo after they fall from the OCP tower... ----------------------------------- murphy38 Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:13 am ----------------------------------- fantastic and very interesting!!! +PT's again for you, you are 24 now :wink: Murphy38. :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:44 am ----------------------------------- Bobjen I know there are a million questions being thrown your way now, but mine to throw in at the moment are as follows. You say things were going to shit the first few weeks of R3. Please elaborate. I am so interested to know. Also how do you feel about R3? How was it going from Peter Weller to Robert John Burke. How were those guys to work with? By the way you are on your way to making 2010 one of the best years in RoboCop archive history I think. I know I haven't been here that long but there can't be much better than this. ----------------------------------- Nash Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:02 pm ----------------------------------- nice pictures :D Public Trust for bobjen ----------------------------------- Nika Silwerra Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:40 pm ----------------------------------- amazing again ! I really never seen so many picts or a video of shooting from R2 ! Really amazing . And so close ! :) ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:34 pm ----------------------------------- More excellent pictures! Thanks again, bob. I sure like the one with guns, as everyone here would probably be aware. :) I also realized that I have a box of slides somewhere I need to dig out including the Robo-on-cycle vs. Cain-in-armored-car day. Not a good day. Dick Hancock was coming off the motorcycle on the 3rd run and as he came off he caught his feet on the handlebars. Really unpleasant + a couple days in the hospital. Ouch! Well, stuntwork sure is hell, but damn. :| Anyway, Demise, you sure asked some good questions - now we just need to hear some answers! ----------------------------------- Nika Silwerra Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:14 pm ----------------------------------- By the way you are on your way to making 2010 one of the best years in RoboCop archive history I think. I know I haven't been here that long but there can't be much better than this. I said ! The year 2010 will be much more better ! :mrgreen: The number 2010 is in the numerology much more positive and lighter than the 2009 number .. but anyway .. To open this thread and to see another new pics is like open a treasure box ! ----------------------------------- milbo Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:27 pm ----------------------------------- these are excellent , thanks for taking the time to post it all ----------------------------------- chaos one Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:02 pm ----------------------------------- See Robo's pretty ripped up foot in the background on the right? if i remember right yes, it's the one angie plays with in a deleted part of that scene. ----------------------------------- NukeLord Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:33 pm ----------------------------------- Wow this is the best thing to happen at the Archive for years. Thank you so much BobJen, it's incredible to see all this stuff and for you to be here. Massive respect to you. I'm a huge Robo fan, but I know there are people here that even more passionate than I am about the films. You've brought Xmas to them early!! Would LOVE to hear some on-set stories. Wow this is amazing! Again, all the respect to you in the world dude! ----------------------------------- bobjen Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:39 am ----------------------------------- In the first few weeks of R3 there were some communication issues with one of the on set production personnel that included them saying that Roboteam was told to bring a certain piece to set for that day's shooting (which we were not, and it put production on a short hold that day). That was the final straw after a series of mis-steps with this same individual. It was hard for us and was causing quite a bunch of tension between us and the rest of the crew when they thought WE were responsible for slowing everyone else down. Then the Production office did something truly amazing, a real gift in a way, and brought Tom Irvine, one of the ADs from R2 on board a few days later. He literally burst his way into our trailer, and holy crap we were glad to see him. From there we knew that the tension that had been mounting would be gone because Tom had seen us work in R2 and knew what we could do. Robert Burke was the most down to earth guy you could ever meet. He introduced us to his wife when she was there, and when we spotted him in the food court at an Atlanta mall (it was California Pizza Kitchen restaurant!!) he invited him over to his table (his wife even had us try her tomato soup. It was REALLY good soup!) there were lots of times on set when we got really goofy stupid and some times when he went to his trailer... (oops... kiddie bedtime!!) ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:52 am ----------------------------------- Ah, thanks for the info - Great details, bob. BTW, that was Lenox Square Mall you were at. Pretty cool story - Good to hear that Burke sounded like a pretty cool fella. :) ----------------------------------- KidGoesWild Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:39 am ----------------------------------- Well, what can I say othe than bobjen - great pics and thank you very much for sharing. I dont think it has to be said that we all really appreciate it. You wont find a bigger fan of roboCop 2 than I am, so its a treat to see those pics. Again - thanks ----------------------------------- bobjen Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:08 pm ----------------------------------- YES! Lenox Square! Atlanta was a great place to roam around when we were there and I had family in Kennesaw (although I got an apartment in town for the shoot to avoid the drive :) ) They had the most tremendous Half-Price Books there.... ----------------------------------- bobjen Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:52 pm ----------------------------------- I want to make something clear to everyone. I only worked on 3 movies in any type of extended capacity, R2 & R3 and before that a horror film in LA called Nightwish (I got to work for Bob Burns, the original production designer and art director on the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre) where I started as an intern and then got a paying job (!). Every production, from my limited experience, has its problems. You throw 30-80 people together for 12-15 hours a day 5 days a week for 4-6 months and something is bound to happen, MOST of it really good, A FEW things not so good. I don't want to dog anyone out, and anything I say is not global or Gospel, it is strictly MY perspective, and it is 20 years later... just an FYI. EVERYONE has an opinion or recollection, this one is mine, so take it as intended, as a recall of events to the best of my knowledge... okay, nuff said. ----------------------------------- LuanaTF Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:52 pm ----------------------------------- I guess it's just the effect that these memories and opinions of yours have on us fans, bobjen. =) They're like gems of knowledge, because - imperfect or not - they can bring us to have a deeper sight of the movies and the crew people who worked on them. I know for sure that I felt pretty emotioned reading your recollections on the forums, and seeing the photos you posted. ^^ They widen the 'picture'. P.S. sorry about my English getting weird at times; I'm Italian.. ----------------------------------- bobjen Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:04 pm ----------------------------------- LuanaTF you have no worries about translation. Its perfect. ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:15 pm ----------------------------------- Yup. And like Luana was saying, whatever your personal feelings, you've given us loads of info and stories we probably would never have found out about otherwise, and we're just real appreciative of that by itself. Anyway, thanks again for all this so far. Keep bringin' on the pics and info, man. :thumb1: ----------------------------------- RoboHell Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:25 pm ----------------------------------- Wow, i still can't belive all these great pictures!! Thanks again Bobjen for posting them and sharing your stories!!! ----------------------------------- murphy38 Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:03 am ----------------------------------- yes i agree with you my friend Robohell, Please bobjen post more roboteam stories and pictures and i wait your response by PM :wink: Murphy38. :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:28 am ----------------------------------- Ok bob, I'm gonna need to get the rest of your cliffhanger story. I am gonna stop kissing your ass and telling you how great you are and how much I love you and how awesome everything you post is. Just from now on know that when I post I mean to put all that stuff at the end of my post. It is how I really feel. But I can't type it every post anymore. You're awesome, enough said. So just Imagine I write all that after every post I make. ----------------------------------- Snoopy Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:29 am ----------------------------------- Wow...thanks bobjen this was really nice of you too do.Really enjoy your pics and stories man thanks again dude. ----------------------------------- RoboTrap Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:59 am ----------------------------------- Hopping on the ass-kissing bandwagon, these pictures and stories are easily the most interesting Robo-related happenings since... 1994? :lol: Seriously, I love all of this. Please keep it up! ----------------------------------- edgeofthecosmos Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:25 pm ----------------------------------- sweet pics! always good to see new stuff, thx. ----------------------------------- Nash Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:36 pm ----------------------------------- thanks for the pics bobjen :) ----------------------------------- KidGoesWild Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:52 pm ----------------------------------- Cant wait for more ----------------------------------- murphy38 Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:53 am ----------------------------------- yes me to!!!! :b Murphy38. :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- bobjen Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:32 am ----------------------------------- I posted these in the first thread I had written in, but here is a repeat: These are pix of the props I have from R3 & R3, not many, but fun, including a Nuke holder from R, double-sided. http://i50.tinypic.com/6sqp11.jpg mmmm.... NUKE, breakfast of champions!! http://i45.tinypic.com/ejcxu8.jpg and the back, all fully stocked with NUKE... YUM. The back and front have separated and there was a missing side on the back 1/2, but it closes great... just never glued them back together... http://i45.tinypic.com/dcem86.jpg ----------------------------------- bobjen Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:39 am ----------------------------------- This is a metal piston from the back of Robo's leg, the only part of the costume that was ACTUALLY metal, with the blue/purple spray from R2 & 3 (and, yes, the picture is sideways. We do have gravity in Texas) http://i50.tinypic.com/3444n55.jpg a little closer... http://i47.tinypic.com/2l1g6q.jpg technically, the part that slipped inside this part would be another part that was metal, also aluminum, to make the piston look like it was moving. it was a "T" shaped rod, upside down. The long part went into the piston and "T" part went to the foot where we had two additional rods that went through the back portion of the foot and screwed into the "T" to "lock" the rod to the foot as the shaft slipped in and out of the piston. ----------------------------------- bobjen Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:43 am ----------------------------------- This is the call sheet for March 6th, 1991, the night we shot the scene where Lewis is killed by Daggett. Very emotional. When Robocop said "Officer down" we were all choked up. The 1st CU is the listing of Lewis' death and the second is where Nancy Allen autographed it (it says "To Kathy" because it was supposed to be for my sister, but I forgot to give it to her :( ) http://i45.tinypic.com/29urolz.jpg http://i45.tinypic.com/29bziv5.jpg http://i45.tinypic.com/117gt1t.jpg ----------------------------------- KidGoesWild Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:04 am ----------------------------------- Wow, you got Nuke man! nice (althought the ampules are empty ;) Bobjen, I got some questions for you, and some are of a political nature so I understand if you dont want to answer them 1. How was it working for such legend like Irvin Kershner? 2. How was working with Kershner in comparison to working with Dekker? Ho was it different? 3. How was the overall vibe on the set of R3? Did you feel like youre making a move thats a bit toned down for the younger audiences? ----------------------------------- murphy38 Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:22 am ----------------------------------- damn!! i want the nuke box!!! for my museum!! please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Murphy38. :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- Nika Silwerra Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:20 pm ----------------------------------- Wow, you got Nuke man! nice (althought the ampules are empty Wink Ah thats easy .. If you had a chance to taste a Nuke ..you would do it ! ehm ! That an amazing memories again ! In the time maybe just some little things but for us they have really big value now ! When I see your picts I feel I am really a bit closer to the time of the shooting and the films ! again many thanks ! Bobjen second is where Nancy Allen autographed it (it says "To Kathy" because it was supposed to be for my sister, but I forgot to give it to her Sad ) How did you can to forget ! ? How did you can ! :) Every sister would love to get it ! :b ----------------------------------- Zentron Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:58 pm ----------------------------------- If I'm not mistaken, the nuke holders look like cassette cases are they not? ----------------------------------- bobjen Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:51 pm ----------------------------------- they are. and the Nuke capsules are single dose eye wetting solution. I passed by the room where they were doing this for a couple of days, using syringes to color the water by the hundreds... glad it wasn't me. ----------------------------------- Zentron Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:05 am ----------------------------------- Hundreds??? Jeez, I'd go insane if I had to do that! I've sort of got the means to re-create one of those Nuke things, my RoboCop soundtrack cassette, is exactly the same make as the ones I see there... a transfer for the logo and a little plastic moulding for the Nuke capsules, and we're away :D ----------------------------------- bobjen Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:09 am ----------------------------------- KidGoesWild, 1. How was it working for such legend like Irvin Kershner? Kershner was great, although very sick and in a wheelchair the first couple of weeks on set. Knowing he had directed Empire Strikes Back and that I would see him work was thrilling. He was a last minute replacement, and I think with better prep the movie would have turned out better. 2. How was working with Kershner in comparison to working with Dekker? Ho was it different? Dekker was extremely loose, looser than Kershner and they were aiming for different audiences 3. How was the overall vibe on the set of R3? Did you feel like youre making a move thats a bit toned down for the younger audiences? The level of violence was down, the involvement of a kid as a main character was definitely the clincher, and the whole "family" aspect of the rebels went to that end as well instead of an insane and evil main protagonist. R3 seemed easier for me, but that is just me. I already had a command of the suit (putting it on, little on set repairs, the severe burn that comes when liquid super glue runs through the repair and then onto all your fingers and then you hit it with a curing accelerant that causes third degree burns... ahh, the memories...) Robert Burke was more personable and therefore easier to work with... it just seemed a little bit calmer. ----------------------------------- KidGoesWild Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:49 am ----------------------------------- Thanks bobjen ----------------------------------- bobjen Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:57 am ----------------------------------- After A LOT of soul searching as to the fair way to do this and thought, i have decided that the Robocop props I have will be going up for auction on Ebay this Friday and Sunday to end next Sunday February 27th. I have also found another roll of film and will post the rest of the pictures I have in the next two days (including one of Dennis Pawlik and I creating an emergency Robo bust that had to be thrown out of the car in R2 when Robo is "delivered" back from his vacation at Cain's place). SOMEWHERE is a box of slides that I will post when I find it of the Robo vs. armored car day... I really appreciate everyone's interest in the items, and I have come across more things, all of which I will photo and post here and in the Picture category thread. I also found a tape that has a bunch of R2 TV shows, some local to Houston, with interviews that I will post when I figure out how to do it. thanks- Robert ----------------------------------- KidGoesWild Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:48 am ----------------------------------- Definetely looking forward to the pics ----------------------------------- bobjen Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:28 am ----------------------------------- Sorry for the delay, I am a little slow today. I posted the NUKE holder, full of capsules, and the Robocop stunt glove on eBay about 10 minutes ago. My user name is bobjen6r4j and they are listed under Entertainment Memorabilia in Movies>Props>Originals thanks for the time, and here are the glove pix http://i47.tinypic.com/amqu6a.jpg there is some peeling at the heel where the urethane is off the foam.. http://i45.tinypic.com/fmq743.jpg more this week (picture wise!) :) ----------------------------------- BIONICS BOB Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:19 am ----------------------------------- WOW Thank you so much for sharing all of this with us! It is extremely kind and generous. You're the best! ----------------------------------- BIONICS BOB Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:21 am ----------------------------------- WOW Thank you so much for sharing all of this with us! It is extremely kind and generous. You're the best! ----------------------------------- milbo Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:58 pm ----------------------------------- hi, looked on ebay but says you are not selling anything at the moment ----------------------------------- bobjen Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:03 pm ----------------------------------- Its there now. Sorry for the delay. Here are a couple of photos from R2 set photographer Deana Newcomb she gave to me because I was in them. I am the one watching Robo hang from the magnet as Irvin Kershner (to the right) discusses the set up with someone I am at a loss to ID. Focus Puller Stephen Wong is on the left. http://i46.tinypic.com/zl4roz.jpg and this was a day outside the police station when Robo is delivered back in pieces. Someone (I think it was AD Tom Irvine) came to us and told us that they needed something "Robo" to throw out of the car when they drove up. "throw" and "Robo" are not words anyone on Roboteam ever wants to hear because that means hours of shop time for the repair crew Bondo-ing, sanding, and painting. So Dennis Pawlik (the bearded guy on the left, I am on the right) got hold of a 1/2 dummy (from Props, I think) and we dressed it in stunt armor and then Dennis used colored tapes to simulate an "helmet off" makeup on the dummy. http://i49.tinypic.com/t0izpc.jpg I have to say that the days on the police station set were amazing. That was the coolest thing ever. It was built in an empty lot. They built a 2 or 3 story 3/4 building with a WORKING ramp that made it look like police cars were pulling in and out of an underground garage. It was spectacular!! People who knew the neighborhood (and several homeless people) stopped by and asked how long the building had been there because they didn't remember it!! Truly a work of art!! ----------------------------------- KidGoesWild Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:59 pm ----------------------------------- Great stuff, great pics and stories. You learn something new everyday ----------------------------------- Nika Silwerra Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:01 pm ----------------------------------- woow ! Again thanks a lot ! Again when I read your stories and the experiences I am closer and closer to the time around 1989 :) ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:20 pm ----------------------------------- Hahaha nice! I'm going to have to keep an eye out for this stunt robo in the film now. Btw, nice to finally put a face to the name that's been providing these beautiful pictures. Thanks again Bobjen! ----------------------------------- murphy38 Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:32 pm ----------------------------------- damn! fantastic many thx my friend Bobjen, please more again!!!! Murphy38. :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- chaos one Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:46 pm ----------------------------------- That's gotta be scary for that dude, just hanging there looking up wearing a bunch of heavy armor. No wonder he's holding onto the magnet. ----------------------------------- Rick Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:28 am ----------------------------------- Was someone actually in the suit when that was being filmed? I was always under the impression it was an empty suit attached to the 'magnet' (if it even was one) to save time and any possible injury if it came off by accident! ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:31 am ----------------------------------- That's a good question. Nyesss. I want to know as well, and as Deus spoke of before, good to see you. And rockin the leather jacket I see. Niiice. ----------------------------------- bobjen Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:55 am Nikko's apt ----------------------------------- This is Dennis Pawlik, Roboteam head, in Nikko's apartment prior to its destruction http://i48.tinypic.com/2j5p4h.jpg and me http://i50.tinypic.com/30be7mg.jpg this was an in-studio set... ----------------------------------- bobjen Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:55 am ----------------------------------- sorry, the picture got flipped... ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:57 am ----------------------------------- You guys look tired or full of angst. Was it a long day at the set. Or was this before the guy came in and made things run smoothly? ----------------------------------- bobjen Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:04 am ----------------------------------- okay... this must have been a REALLY relaxed day for us to do something this... self-amusing. On the left, the Academy Award nominated Dennis Pawlik, and on the right...me http://i46.tinypic.com/m77rd1.jpg I am telling you, those long days and nights make for a close family... http://i47.tinypic.com/4t2hog.jpg and finally our hero approached and joined us (Robert Burke-Robocop 3) http://i49.tinypic.com/zy7qso.jpg I mean, really, could he be a nicer guy to come over to these two idiots? ----------------------------------- bobjen Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:08 am ----------------------------------- oh, fo sho fo sho someone was in the suit. The magnet was fiberglass with a harness that passed through it and I THINK that is the fabulous Russell Towerey up there, just hanging out. The guy at the end with his hand on on Robo's feet is to stop him from slowly spinning and spinning while they make the camera call of where to either change position or where to exactly to lower Robo. ----------------------------------- KidGoesWild Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:27 am ----------------------------------- Damn, Robert didnt age much! Very interesting read. I would never figure out how the magnet gag was done ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:27 am ----------------------------------- oh, fo sho fo sho someone was in the suit. :lol: You look totally different in the different sets of pictures you have posted. Crazy! If this was me in these pics, I would have a room dedicated to the blown up poster size versions I would have had made. ----------------------------------- murphy38 Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:32 am ----------------------------------- here is you in this video?? :wink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DazJP6Cov_U Murphy38. :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- bobjen Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:42 pm ----------------------------------- You made my day!! That is me, the fool wagging his tongue at the camera. As for Robert Burke, that was pretty much any normal day on the set. He was absolutely fantastic to work with. The guy in the white shirt is Alec Chorches and the guy in yellow is Tom Irvine, the Asst. Dir. (one of the 2 or 3 they had.) I had forgotten about Tom calling us the "Roboners" :) Damn, that guy was fun to work with. The guy in the black jacket toward the back in Moni Yakim, the mime trainer on all 3 Robocop films. His son, Boaz Yakin, is the one who wrote the first Punisher movie with Dolph Lundgren and just finished the Prince of Persia movie. Vous avez fait mon jour!! C'est moi, l'imbécile remuant sa langue à la caméra. Quant à Robert Burke, qui était presque n'importe quel jour normal sur le jeu. Il était absolument fantastique pour travailler avec. Le gars dans la blouse blanche est Alec Chorches et le gars dans jaune est Tom Irvine, l'Asst. Dir. (un des 2 ou 3 ils avaient.) j'avais oublié de Tom nous appelant le "Roboners" :) Fichu, ce gars a été amusant pour travailler avec. Le gars dans la veste noire vers le revers dans Moni Yakim, l'entraîneur de mime sur tous les 3 films Robocop. Son fils, Boaz Yakin, est celui qui a écrit le premier film Punisher avec Dolph Lundgren et a juste fini le Prince de film de Perse. ----------------------------------- KidGoesWild Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:05 pm ----------------------------------- Robert seems like a fun and nice person on this video and photo. How was he when you first met him? Did he feel the pressure of stepping into someone else's shoes? ----------------------------------- Nika Silwerra Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:52 pm ----------------------------------- haha what small plaits ? you might to do one also to Burke ! :) So cute ! Robert seems like a fun and nice person on this video and photo. How was he when you first met him? Did he feel the pressure of stepping into someone else's shoes? Yes :) And is really nice watch him .Really kind person .. he seems much more "opened" person as Peter . But pity we might feel " the his fun character " also in the film :roll: ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:42 pm ----------------------------------- More great pics and stories, and even a nice video (courtesy of 38) to add to it even more! Nice to see what your goofy ass looks like. :b Heh, great stuff, as always. :wink: ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:35 pm ----------------------------------- That cod piece being snapped together looked pretty enjoyably for roberto there. :) ----------------------------------- FluxCapacitor Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:58 am ----------------------------------- Amazing stuff bobjen! it's always great when people who were involved in making these movies chats and provides some inside scoop. Brilliant photos! ----------------------------------- Dash Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:37 am ----------------------------------- "I am... the cosmonaut." Brilliant! :lol: ----------------------------------- murphy38 Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:08 am ----------------------------------- please more pictures my friend bobjen :wink: ----------------------------------- bobjen Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:19 am ----------------------------------- Hi again! I would like to thank any of you that took a look at the first two auctions I had on eBay! Below is a shot I took of the "Elvis in a glass coffee table" from the Cain hideout... http://i47.tinypic.com/28j9kox.jpg ----------------------------------- bobjen Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:30 am ----------------------------------- and here, the ever lovely Nancy Allen with the ever lovely Dennis Pawlik, head of Roboteam... this was probably R3 because I remember Nancy was soon to leave after her death scene... http://i48.tinypic.com/jauyyt.jpg ----------------------------------- bobjen Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:37 am ----------------------------------- Ho Ho Ho.... holiday fun on Robocop 2 as we freeze our rear ends off (sadly, Peter doesn't even have his on yet. You can see the vacuformed torso wrap that went under the fiberglass vest with the rings edging toward his rear) Notice the girl in the coat AND blankets behind us... The holiday spirit was close. I remember a little "fun" that the prop team or teamsters started... getting a spring clothes pin and taping twine or rope to it dipped in something flammable and lighting it on fire after attaching it to the back of whoever was closest... Eventually it got a little too close and everyone had a "talking to" and that was the end of the flaming tails... Nice holiday sweater on me, right up front... always the fashionista, I am... http://i46.tinypic.com/2zeyts7.jpg ----------------------------------- bobjen Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:44 am ----------------------------------- This is a shot from the arcade shoot in R2 with Robo and Duffy. This was not a set, but an unfinished mall in East Houston (I think it was East...) called Mercardo del Sol. Looks like it would have been cool if they finished it, because it looked like an outdoor market but it was inside. Exceedingly convenient for us! http://i45.tinypic.com/faztpj.jpg ----------------------------------- Zentron Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:33 pm ----------------------------------- Very nice pics, the christmas one is a bit orangy though, but can see the girl in the corner... all snugged up in her bubble jacket and blanket :lol: It has to be said, the peeps did a fantastic job in making the mall look like a real ally.. totally convincing! ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:13 pm ----------------------------------- This is a shot from the arcade shoot in R2 with Robo and Duffy. This was not a set, but an unfinished mall in East Houston (I think it was East...) called Mercardo del Sol. Looks like it would have been cool if they finished it, because it looked like an outdoor market but it was inside. Exceedingly convenient for us! Looks cool in any case. Robohell might be able to confirm the location if you're worried about it. :wink: and here, the ever lovely Nancy Allen with the ever lovely Dennis Pawlik, head of Roboteam... this was probably R3 because I remember Nancy was soon to leave after her death scene... Has to be R3, because of her hairstyle. All great pictures of course. The flaming-tail antics sound pretty funny, if maybe fairly unsafe. Great story. Can't wait to see and read more. :) ----------------------------------- murphy38 Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:41 pm ----------------------------------- damn very interesting really!!! again my PT for you really thank you very much again! ----------------------------------- Archive Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:43 pm ----------------------------------- Thanks a bunch for the pictures. Fascinating stuff! I dig the Elvis coffin. What a macabre movie prop. damn very interesting really!!! again my PT for you really Really! ----------------------------------- Mindchamber Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:19 pm ----------------------------------- I'm just eating all this up! Its the 80s all over again! Thanks, ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:15 am ----------------------------------- How come I didn't get to be on RoboTeam? Really! ----------------------------------- bobjen Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:55 pm ----------------------------------- Hi again!! This is a shot of Roboteam from R3 by Alan Markfield, the still photographer for R3. Robert was nice enough to come to the shop and get dressed up so that everyone could be included in the shot. From left to right is Alec Chorches (on set dresser), Les Loudermilk (repairs in shop, what a talented guy), me (Robert Lonergan, on set dresser), Robert Burke/Robocop, Dennis Pawlik (Roboteam Head), Kristen Mellon (shop painter), Sarah Manley (shop runner), and kneeling is Bruce Hall (shop painter). I am sure the painter label is interchangeable with repairs when we brought back a badly damaged suit. The shop team usually had 48 hours to repair and repaint a suit, really fast turnaround for something so necessary to the film. http://i46.tinypic.com/2wd25nk.jpg and, no, Kristen did not have just one leg, although it was fun to tell people she did. The other one is behind the front. ----------------------------------- bobjen Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:58 pm ----------------------------------- This is a shot of me and the FABULOUS Nancy Allen... nuff said. http://i45.tinypic.com/xcq913.jpg she even put her arm around me... gggrrrrrrrrr... ----------------------------------- bobjen Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:05 am ----------------------------------- Here is me and the ultra nice Robert Burke in the 3rd act makeup. Long day for him and Stephan Dupuis, they had to be there 4 hours before we even arrived.... eek. http://i47.tinypic.com/erer6t.jpg and Robo demonstrating what happens when you pinch his skin when you snap the thigh shut... http://i48.tinypic.com/2eb68w8.jpg in the back, the ever-lovely AD Tom Irvine ----------------------------------- bobjen Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:20 am ----------------------------------- Last, but not least, a damaged shot I received from someone else on R2 of the Robo-repair scene. I have the ArmorAll in my hands, which means we were just about to shoot because glove touch-up was usually the last thing we did. The guy in the black is Dennis Pawlik (he worked all 3 Robocop movies), the guy at the bottom right with the mustache is Richard Wright and he is fixing the bottom of Robo's shoes, which we cut out of black cardstock when we realized the shot was going to show the bottom of his open foot.... and the guy in white is Irvin Kershner, the director. When you watch R2, the scene where Dr. Faxx and the other scientist in the arm sling fight, the "lab techs" are all Roboteam. Scott Harmon (on set dresser) is the lab tech sitting behind the two as they argue. In the back, as she walks through is me ( I am the one who turns with the clipboard toward the camera, and yes I did it on purpose), Richard Wright and I think the other was Ralph Unger... I'll have to look. http://i50.tinypic.com/3176wqa.jpg ----------------------------------- Zentron Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:24 am ----------------------------------- Amazing pics! Good to see Burke's playful nature and.... Nancy's, Minnie Mouse ears :puzzled: As for the last one... I may be able to help get rid of some of those marks, but obviously I can't do anything with the tears. That is, if you would like of course!! ----------------------------------- murphy38 Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:33 am ----------------------------------- GOOD GOOD!!!! FANTASTIC!!! For me each picture you post is a treasure! thank you for all his information. I envy you for having her picture. it represents the memories of Behind the scenes of Robocop. and for me great fan following that is priceless. Keep all this well. see all that we pay very nostalgic for the good times and cinema was a big family with tangible material. Many thx again for sharing, please more!!!! My next PT is again for you really. Murphy38. :mrgreen: ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:53 am ----------------------------------- More excellent pictures, of course. Also cool trivia about you and your team in the background of a scene in the film. All awesome stuff, as always. :) ----------------------------------- bobjen Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:15 am ----------------------------------- I am sure most of you know that most of the crew is visible in the film as the criminal pictures flashing up on the screen as they search for "candidates" for another Robocop. Kershner is one of the first ones... ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:53 am ----------------------------------- You got choked by RoboCop Fo Sho! Did you have to tell him that he was a cop to get him to stop? :lol: And at least we know that Robo is always UV protected with the armor all. Gonna look for you in R2 tonight also. Damn movie star here folks. Bobjen rules!!! ----------------------------------- murphy38 Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:01 am ----------------------------------- I am sure most of you know that most of the crew is visible in the film as the criminal pictures flashing up on the screen as they search for "candidates" for another Robocop. Kershner is one of the first ones... cool information and nice Cameo for the crew ;) thx again for sharing. ----------------------------------- Nika Silwerra Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:02 pm ----------------------------------- That are really a great photos ! Also thanks for the "description" oh every next week new photos ! That really seems for great Robocop year 2010 then ! :mrgreen: Btw how small seems the Robocop/Weller in the scene from lab . ----------------------------------- CAIN MKII Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:21 am ----------------------------------- :shock: This thread is pure delight. Thank you for sharing those treasure: PT for you bobjen. Now it would be perfect if you could find some shots with robocain. :b ----------------------------------- Sean_001 Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:27 pm ----------------------------------- To repeat what CainMKII just said, This topic IS a delight! It's so nice to have a crew member from 2 of the RoboCop movies on here with us fans... Makes me feel all warm inside. Reading your stories has been a real treat. I know that you have more to tell us, but I'm not going to be one of those guys that bog you down with questions... From a senior member to you, (and a little belated, as I only come on when I'm able to these days) I want to welcome you to our forums... Of course you've been welcomed by our admins and just regular fans. BTW, You've actually made RoboCop 3 worth watching again. Mr Burke seems like a real HAM now that you've shared some Behind the Scenes moments with us. (Not that I'm implying that hated him before, mind you.) I've pretty much already knew that the crew all had a small cameo in Robo2. When i saw "The Kersch" and Jon Davison on the monitor (behind Faxx and Shank), i started to pay attention for other familiar faces. Of course, I didn't know any one else. Ok, I lied. I have one question. How was Tom Noonan on set? Was he totally into his role as Cain, or was he a load of fun? ----------------------------------- KidGoesWild Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:58 am ----------------------------------- Wow, what a treat, what a treat. I wont add anything that wasnt said before, but I just want to add my appreciation for sharing those never before seen pics before ----------------------------------- bobjen Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:14 am ----------------------------------- That are really a great photos ! Also thanks for the "description" oh every next week new photos ! That really seems for great Robocop year 2010 then ! :mrgreen: Btw how small seems the Robocop/Weller in the scene from lab . Even in the Robocop suit, Robo is just under 6 feet tall... ----------------------------------- bobjen Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:25 am ----------------------------------- Ok, I lied. I have one question. How was Tom Noonan on set? Was he totally into his role as Cain, or was he a load of fun? Pretty much he came out of the trailer, did his scene, and went back into the trailer as far as I remember. He was very quiet (and tall!). Sadly, I had not seen Manhunter yet, in which he was great or I would have been able to be more in awe. Not very observant on my part as I HAD seen him in F/X and Wolfen by that time... :( for me.... He is the connection between R2 and R3, I just realized! He was Frankenstein in Monster Squad, directed by Fred Dekker, who directed... R3! Ohhh... Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon ----------------------------------- KidGoesWild Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:27 pm ----------------------------------- That are really a great photos ! Also thanks for the "description" oh every next week new photos ! That really seems for great Robocop year 2010 then ! :mrgreen: Btw how small seems the Robocop/Weller in the scene from lab . Even in the Robocop suit, Robo is just under 6 feet tall... Really? Wow, I thought he was huge ----------------------------------- Robocop_Unit_1983 Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:57 pm ----------------------------------- Bobjen, I must say I am amazed at the wealth of information you've brought onboard, it's just, phenomenal. It's good to have a former Robo movie team member onboard, because it certainly brings on inspiration for many good things. Kudos for the info man, kudos :thumb1: ----------------------------------- bobjen Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:46 am ----------------------------------- Hi there! In the picture on the prior page, the damaged one, the guy in the back left is the scientist who got shot in the arm by one of the "Robo2" attempts. Dr. Faxx may not have been in this shot, which is sort of a blessing. Belinda Bauer (Faxx) could not seem to remember lines during this movie. You were guaranteed 4 or 5 takes if she was in the scene, minimum... not being ugly, just stating what I witnessed... ----------------------------------- Zentron Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:26 am ----------------------------------- Hi there! In the picture on the prior page, the damaged one, the guy in the back left is the scientist who got shot in the arm by one of the "Robo2" attempts. Dr. Faxx may not have been in this shot, which is sort of a blessing. Belinda Bauer (Faxx) could not seem to remember lines during this movie. You were guaranteed 4 or 5 takes if she was in the scene, minimum... not being ugly, just stating what I witnessed...Yes, one of the funnier moments of R2, with the first attempt of Robo2 giving him the slug in the arm, then shooting itself in the head... genius :lol: I can't see her in the pic either (it just needs a little TLC). So, she was a bit of a nightmare in delivering her lines? You didn't need to reset anything much after she went on a blither did you? ----------------------------------- bobjen Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:47 am ----------------------------------- Sorry for the delay in posting pics. I found slides of the "Robo vs. Cain's van" day shoot, but had to get a scanner to transfer them. Probably this weekend plus Robocop Christmas tree... check bobjen6r4j on ebay this weekend for some more Robo stuff up for grabs- crew t-shirt from R3, crew jacket from R2 & R3, 3rd act makeup from R3... ----------------------------------- KidGoesWild Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:12 am ----------------------------------- Sorry for the delay in posting pics. I found slides of the "Robo vs. Cain's van" day shoot, but had to get a scanner to transfer them. P Oh that would be really cool. Definetely looking forward to it ----------------------------------- Sean_001 Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:29 pm ----------------------------------- check bobjen6r4j on ebay this weekend for some more Robo stuff up for grabs- crew t-shirt from R3, crew jacket from R2 & R3, 3rd act makeup from R3... Murphy38 will be ALL OVER that 3rd act makeup! Yes, sir. She sure will be. Was beginning to wonder if you were all out of great stories and pics... Glad to see we haven't scared you off yet. ----------------------------------- Nika Silwerra Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:44 pm ----------------------------------- :) hey I am curious as well ! I cannot wait to see .. ----------------------------------- murphy38 Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:28 pm ----------------------------------- yes me 2 i wait ^^ ----------------------------------- Mindchamber Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:44 pm ----------------------------------- Here is me and the ultra nice Robert Burke in the 3rd act http://i48.tinypic.com/2eb68w8.jpg in the back, the ever-lovely AD Tom Irvine god this is just hilarious and random, Burke indeed looks like a great guy to be around ----------------------------------- CAIN MKII Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:00 am ----------------------------------- Sorry for the delay in posting pics. I found slides of the "Robo vs. Cain's van" day shoot, but had to get a scanner to transfer them. P Oh that would be really cool. Definetely looking forward to it :b amen to this. ----------------------------------- Swedish Robot Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:32 am ----------------------------------- I got here late to the party, but HOLY SHIT. bobjen, it's fantastic that you've brought this here! It's not often an obscure fanbase as ourselves is treated to such an in depth look from a crew member and it's a blessing in and of itself. I've not yet the time to look through all this, but I'll be itching to click the next page as I go. Again, thanks for sharing and helping enrich the community. P.S. Looks like we need to start a violent Robert Burke harassment thread now (if you have no idea what that is bobjen, pm and I'll dig up the link). ----------------------------------- bobjen Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:16 pm ----------------------------------- Hi again! For those that went looking for the eBay stuff, I apologize. i had figured out that it was going to be Easter Sunday when the auction ended, and that seemed kind of...CRAZY!! I am going to eBay a crew shirt and R2 jacket, and for those that have not seen the Robo 3 crew shirt and logo it looks like this: This is the front: if you would like the hair to the right I just noticed, I will throw it in for free. http://i39.tinypic.com/v63dkw.jpg and this is the back: http://i40.tinypic.com/2cg10g2.jpg ----------------------------------- bobjen Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:17 pm ----------------------------------- Bruce Hall is the signature on the FRONT of the shirt by the logo, and he was part of the Roboteam shop that repaired suits. ----------------------------------- bobjen Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:21 pm ----------------------------------- Here is a Robo2 jacket. I bought two and ended up using both because of the freezing temps we got on Robo 2. I will post the Robo 3 jacket in the next few days. It has the logo from the front of the shirt in STITCHED FULL COLOR on the back, absolutely beautiful... http://i41.tinypic.com/9rlmxt.jpg http://i42.tinypic.com/sxk76q.jpg ----------------------------------- bobjen Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:25 pm ----------------------------------- and the ever lovely Alex Chorches working on the Robo gun leg, getting it all shiny... okay, not really, it looks like there is a hang up in the cable release he is working on. http://i40.tinypic.com/3151pv6.jpg I actually got to work this in shots on Robocop 3, and it was a 3 lever cable system and fun to play with, although actually getting the gun out could be a trial because someones arm had to come in from above and grab the pistol, so they were laying up and above at shoulder height with their arm hanging down.... you can see the platform behind Robo's neck and the cables at Robo's feet trailing off to the left. I always found it funny that in some shots the cables are clearly visible when Robo pulls the gun, like "hey, look, random cables on the ground"... ----------------------------------- Sean_001 Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:26 pm ----------------------------------- Very nice stuff. Good Silk-screen on the front of the R3 shirt. Glad to have you back. Stop by more often. Excellent pictures as well. ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:54 pm ----------------------------------- Indeed, excellent pics. I like the R3 shirt quite a bit actually. Hope to see more soon. :) ----------------------------------- murphy38 Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:42 pm ----------------------------------- always awesome you are rock bobjen !!!!! ----------------------------------- Nika Silwerra Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:20 pm ----------------------------------- Indeed, excellent pics. I like the R3 shirt quite a bit actually. The first one ? Yeah I like it as well ! I am no too for R3 you know .. but the t-shirt has a style ! of course thanks Bobjen for further pics and also short report of the R3 ----------------------------------- bobjen Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:47 pm ----------------------------------- Hi again! Robert Burke was different from Peter Weller in that there were several times that he could have been out of the suit, but decided to stay in to save time. Peter constantly wanted out, and we could do it quickly, but in the following shots you can see Robert just sitting :twisted: . This was another long night, and, quite frankly, I cannot remember where we were, but we started joking about a "RoboPope" and this was the result: This is Robert in my glasses loling oh-so suave: http://i40.tinypic.com/idx9g8.jpg ----------------------------------- bobjen Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:48 pm ----------------------------------- :) Then we proceeded to make him the lovely "RoboPope" crown... http://i44.tinypic.com/2jwidj.jpg ----------------------------------- bobjen Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:51 pm ----------------------------------- and we ended with the wrath of the imperious RoboPope picture, the kind he would give to his RoboBishops should they not obey. this might have also veen the night I pulled an errant 1 1/2 safety pin out of his hip when it came off a strap and plunged right in... http://i39.tinypic.com/4qfxaq.jpg :ohdear: ----------------------------------- chaos one Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:03 pm ----------------------------------- Ouch poor burke. He seems like a great sport. Too bad Weller was no fun. ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:26 pm ----------------------------------- Yeah, as much as I hate R3 and think that Burke gave a really horrible performance, he looks like a genuinely nice guy. His character definitely shines through in these decades old photographs. I'd love to hang out with the guy. And RoboPope? Hah! I fuckin lol'd like a school girl at that. Saving that picture to my desktop right now. Again, great pictures Bobjen. ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:48 pm ----------------------------------- That RoboPope story and pictures are just brilliant. Glad to see Burke at least had a good sense of humor. Though I can't fault Weller for not wanting to be in that suit all that much. From all the background info we've read/seen, it wasn't exactly the best thing to be in for extended periods of time. But kudos to Burke for being a good sport and keeping the suit on more than absolutely needed. Also glad to hear he could remember to have a little fun, as well. Good for him. As for the 'Pope' thing, perhaps that was when y'all filmed the sequence shown in one of R3's MediaBreaks, where they're showing some anti-Robo propaganda stating he killed some nuns and priests, or something like that, and they had a 're-enactment' of it where Robo steps over the bodies of said nuns and stomps on a badge. At least that's the best I can figure, anyway. In any case, that's just great stuff. Thanks again, bobjen. :wink: ----------------------------------- Swedish Robot Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:48 am ----------------------------------- So is it just those pictures or was he dolled up from the nose down to have a pale complexion and ruby red lips? ----------------------------------- bobjen Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:14 am ----------------------------------- that is the helmet on makeup. a flat flesh color and some lip application, that's it. Hence the "did you fall asleep in the sun with a newspaper on your face look". when there were going to be quick turnarounds or it was late, Robert stayed in the suit a few times because in was easier than un-suiting and re-suiting. The time to get in or out of the suit, if we had to "pit crew" it, was under 2 minutes. snaps and clips, very well designed for ease of use. Burke had just been in a few things before this, and this was his first high dollar film (budget wise). Weller had been in dozens of things by the time Robo 2 rolled around, and if you want to be treated like a "star" and there are people willing to do it, why not. Plus the suit was over 100 pounds and who wants to carry that around it they don't have to when they have a nice cushy motorhome waiting for them? (I pick motorhome!! :) ) Weller could be fun sometimes, he'd just been around a while and, I don't know, the only phrase I can think of is "knew the lay of the land", understood that he had the option not to wear this cumbersome thing if it wasn't required. ----------------------------------- Nika Silwerra Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:47 pm ----------------------------------- That RoboPope story and pictures are just brilliant. Glad to see Burke at least had a good sense of humor. Yeah ! Just alas , you can feel it also in the film :roll: He seems really amazing also probably friendly person , I dont want to say something .. but still it seems Weller took the role and the character of Robocop much more seriously . Also when you see these photos of him , it does seems that he had really more of fun during the shooting and took all the work much more easily than Peter .. Just curious ..The place around where Burke is sitting .. does it is the hotel where Robocop was looking for McDegget ? again thanks for the story and pics Bobjen ----------------------------------- Zentron Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:55 pm ----------------------------------- Nice pics as always, good to see the mischief you guys got up to as well :D ----------------------------------- murphy38 Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:04 am ----------------------------------- woooow! very funny!! thx thx thx thx!!!!!!! for my sister nika, Yes Me 2 i think is In hotel of Mc Dagget. wink: Murphy38. ----------------------------------- bobjen Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:26 am ----------------------------------- Nika, again, you are right, I think. Peter Weller had it down to a serious exercise in the two Robocops. Bringing Julliard's physical arts master teacher, Moni Yakim, in to coach and develop him played a part, and obviously made the moves what they are in the films. The problem with Robo 2 wasn't Peter, and taking it seriously, it was a flawed script without enough character development that veered away from Frank Miller's original intention. Robocop 3, to me, in only MY opinion, a slap in the face to the series with some serious flaws. General plot, destroying neighborhoods and and underground resistance, good. Execution... eh. Robocop steals a pimp's car? Really? Complete with fake fur? A little girl who can hack major networks? You would never see Spielberg do tha.... oh, yeah, Jurassic Park.... anyway... Burke was new to a high budget film, but his off camera antics did not affect how seriously he took the roll. I have a tape of Dennis and I with Robert and Moni Yakim working on his moves with the gun arm in an empty suite at the hotel, and he was dedicated to try to get it right, but production did not keep Moni on set for the entire film, just a VERY short time frame. I am sure that the goal was to get it done and on the screen quick, or they would have waited for Peter to finish the project he had committed to (Naked Lunch, I think...). The scene where Lewis dies was tear jerking on set, you could hear a pin drop after they called cut. I all I think there are a lot of factors that went into making Robo 3 abysmal in its finality. ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:43 am ----------------------------------- God I love hearing your bts commentary. Feel free to waste your life more by joining in on our other topics. You seem friendly enough, go ahead and add your two cents on why Robo would defeat the Terminator or whats behind the face and helmet of Alex J. Murphy. You are probably the most welcome commodity/person to this forum. At least in my opinion/experience. ~Deus ----------------------------------- NukeLord Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:32 pm ----------------------------------- Hi Bobjen. Was there and fall outs on either set? Tom Noonan and Nancy Allen are both on record saying they didn't have a good time making RoboCop 2. I'm sure I've read somewhere that Weller and Allen didn't get along in making the sequel. Noonan definitely seems quite bitter about the experience. I know Weller has said he was done with the character after the first movie, and only came back for the money. Was he difficult on set? Thanks, love hearing the behind the scenes stuff! ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:51 pm ----------------------------------- Good insight, bobjen. I'd certainly love to hear more, especially as it pertains to NukeLord's questions. Thanks again for sharing. :wink: ----------------------------------- Mindchamber Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:09 pm ----------------------------------- Yeah, as much as I hate R3 and think that Burke gave a really horrible performance, he looks like a genuinely nice guy.. cant help but disagree on this one. I think his performance as robocop was fuckin dead on, and at times better constructed than Wellers movements. (weller seemed to wobble a bit, especially if someone touched him. like the chick from the attempted rape scene) burke over did it with the voice, and he may have over animated himself whenever he was doing a murphy flash back moment. but If I had to pick someone for robocop 4 and a real suit had to be used instead of CG. it would be Weller for the closeups, and Burke in the suit.. hands down. BTW I think Burke is awesome I loved him in "No such thing" and the Thinner, dudes got serious range. ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:06 pm ----------------------------------- All I know is when I saw R3 on the big screen recently it was serious garbage. Burkes performance was the same as any sci fi (whoops I mean sy fy) prick. If I had his jaw line, I could have done better. Shit performance. Not discrediting his acting career as I have never seen him in anything else. But I really saw how much the robo suit/persona can hinder your acting. ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:55 pm ----------------------------------- http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af349/ImpendingDemise/notetobobjen.jpg ----------------------------------- Nika Silwerra Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:19 pm ----------------------------------- :D hah ! nice one Demise ! also really thank you Bobjen for the another Robo story or I should call it ..:) Just now I see that it is not exactly the same as I imagined and what I thought. The fact you was there on the place in the time is does your story so great and live after the loong time .. Really nice read about ! :) ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:14 am ----------------------------------- HAHAHA! Demise you bastard.... Yeah come on Bobjen, drink some of this kool aid. I just want to sample a bit of your blood..... ----------------------------------- bobjen Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:05 pm ----------------------------------- Hey, who left me this koolaid.... hmmm.... I AM thirsty... ----------------------------------- bobjen Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:06 pm ----------------------------------- OOPS! hold on, there's someone knocking at the door, says he wants to "axe" me a question... ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:55 pm ----------------------------------- Hey, bobjen, is this you? If so, I noticed your name is first in the credits for RoboTeam dressers. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1562962/ ----------------------------------- RoboSabs Tue May 04, 2010 7:26 pm ----------------------------------- *Drool, more plz Sabs ----------------------------------- monstermaker Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:33 am ----------------------------------- those are brilliant pics, thanks for sharing them ----------------------------------- chezheruming Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:09 pm ----------------------------------- those are very excellent pictures,thank you! could you please pass these pictures to the album in rcarchive? ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:56 pm ----------------------------------- I have this horrible, sinking feeling... That we, or somebody scared Bobjen away. Please come back. You complete us. ----------------------------------- KidGoesWild Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:19 am ----------------------------------- Too bad bobjen isnt around anymore. I was wondering if the same polishing liquor that they used on RoboCop 2 was used for Darth Vader. It seems Kershner traits to give the characters a very shiny and strongly colored look. I love it ----------------------------------- Spectrum Scarlet Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:44 am ----------------------------------- ah, has he not been back lately? that's a great shame. i was looking forward to the tape of local TV shows covering "R2", and him filming Burke and Moni Yakim going over Robo movements in an empty hotel suite (presumably for the sequence where he enters an Rehab army occupied motel, to kill Daggett). ----------------------------------- Rick Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:51 pm ----------------------------------- In case anyone is wondering what Bob's cinematic debut was, here is a screen-grab from the RoboCop 2 DVD. It's not very clear as it's from an SD DVD, but if someone has the BluRay maybe they could upload a clearer picture. The scene is 42:55 (approx) into the film. http://i56.tinypic.com/72c1lg.jpg ----------------------------------- Nika Silwerra Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:04 pm ----------------------------------- .. Anayway happy person, I would take anything in the film also role of a charwoman . :) ----------------------------------- WeKilledYou Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:56 am ----------------------------------- These pictures are brilliant. I wish Bob would make an apperance at some point again. Every time I see that scene in two now I'm going to think of him and the awesomeness that I have just viewed. ----------------------------------- Nash Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:57 pm ----------------------------------- Mephisto, like all good things I assume it is either on display at Bottin's shop or at his house. there really should be a museum space for all this kind of stuff, but, really, who is going to fund something THAT massive? You would need miles of storage for all the stuff from all different movies...hmmm.... then again, there are those lottery winnings I am planning on getting one day... I never stayed in LA except for the stuff for R2, and I don't have any contact with any of those guys anymore (although I have been looking for Dennis Pawlik, the Roboteam head with the glasses, beard, and mustache with the hat on in the last picture) for a couple of months. I don't even know if he is still alive... I know that Dennis built a Robocop for Bottin's house (the internal structure of welded pipe and then mounting the suit) and I believe that that Robo may be the one you see in some of the other photos on this site with Bottin. Hello bobjen, i've got good news about Dennis Pawlik! i found his facebook account! :D Here you have it. https://www.facebook.com/therobobear?sk=friends&v=friends He has a relationship with Bob Donahue. ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:43 pm ----------------------------------- Oh Nash, what a boyscout you are. I don't think Bobjen is going to ever use that link, but I just want to reiterate how awesome this topic was. Having an actual crew member from at least ONE legitimate Robo film on the board was friggin ridiculous. And having said member post tons of personal behind the scenes poloroids, a god damn treasure. RETURN TO US BOB! ----------------------------------- Josh Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:28 pm ----------------------------------- RoboBear? Kinky. ----------------------------------- Nash Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:47 pm ----------------------------------- I received a private message from Bobjen :D He promised to comeback at the end of this month. To post a lot of new ROBOCOP stuff from the movies. So be prepared for his comeback this month :) ----------------------------------- beer Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:50 pm ----------------------------------- Nash, Where's Bobjen? ----------------------------------- Nash Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:55 am ----------------------------------- Here´s the proof that i´ve spoken with bobjen! Sorry, and yes, and thanks, all at once. Its been too long since I have been on a,d in my digging around in the garage I ran across videotape of items shown on Houston TV news, Entertainment Tonight, the original negatives for the Robocop 3 jetpack warning labels/stickers, OCP stationary.... that's what happens when you dig... I promise by the end of this month I will post new pictures from the day the motorcycle met the armored car in Robo 2 (slides, actually... have yet to transfer...) Thank you again for all your help and the address! Robert It´s already the second of april so he´s a little bit to late. ----------------------------------- Nash Wed May 16, 2012 8:27 pm ----------------------------------- Bobjen never returned :( he promised to come back. ----------------------------------- Rick Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:28 pm ----------------------------------- Just re-reading this thread and have to re-iterate just how cool Bob is and how much everyone here appreciates what he posted for us to see, some absolutely amazing behind the scenes stuff that frankly should be included on a special edition of RoboCop 2 should it ever be released. I hope that some time in the future Bob returns to post more stuff and sticks around for the conversations we have. Would also be interesting to hear his take on the new movie and the suit. Wherever you are and whatever you're doing Bob, stay out of trouble hopefully see you around soon. :) ----------------------------------- RMorrison81 Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:34 am ----------------------------------- I only really stumbled on this topic yesterday, and quite frankly, I'm gutted I missed all the action as it was happening, as I'm sure in the moment I would have had some questions for Bob.. The pictures are brilliant and I've got to take my hat off to Bob for taking his time out to share his memories with us. Brilliant. ----------------------------------- CAIN MKII Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:46 pm ----------------------------------- Does he have a FB page? ----------------------------------- razgriz21 Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:24 am ----------------------------------- That Testarossa on the first page is BEAUTIFUL. I'd like to see those props in person. ----------------------------------- Edd 209 Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:21 am ----------------------------------- and for you ChaosOne... delivery day on "automatronic" Robo... http://i47.tinypic.com/34nqs6p.jpg That's awesome. Wonder where it is now... ----------------------------------- Meriandressial Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:00 am ----------------------------------- Awesome pictures.:) He should put them in a online gallery or something. Or a book even. ----------------------------------- FakeSaleen Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:08 am ----------------------------------- I want to make something clear to everyone. I only worked on 3 movies in any type of extended capacity, R2 & R3 and before that a horror film in LA called Nightwish (I got to work for Bob Burns, the original production designer and art director on the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre) where I started as an intern and then got a paying job (!). Every production, from my limited experience, has its problems. You throw 30-80 people together for 12-15 hours a day 5 days a week for 4-6 months and something is bound to happen, MOST of it really good, A FEW things not so good. I don't want to dog anyone out, and anything I say is not global or Gospel, it is strictly MY perspective, and it is 20 years later... just an FYI. EVERYONE has an opinion or recollection, this one is mine, so take it as intended, as a recall of events to the best of my knowledge... okay, nuff said. I was able to meet Bob Burns at a Texas Chainsaw event quite a few years back. He was a very relaxed guy and stayed really late to make sure everyone got an autographed 8x10. Sadly, he took his life a few years later after a terminal diagnosis. RIP, man. ----------------------------------- FakeSaleen Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:10 am ----------------------------------- You made my day!! That is me, the fool wagging his tongue at the camera. As for Robert Burke, that was pretty much any normal day on the set. He was absolutely fantastic to work with. The guy in the white shirt is Alec Chorches and the guy in yellow is Tom Irvine, the Asst. Dir. (one of the 2 or 3 they had.) I had forgotten about Tom calling us the "Roboners" :) Damn, that guy was fun to work with. The guy in the black jacket toward the back in Moni Yakim, the mime trainer on all 3 Robocop films. His son, Boaz Yakin, is the one who wrote the first Punisher movie with Dolph Lundgren and just finished the Prince of Persia movie. Vous avez fait mon jour!! C'est moi, l'imbécile remuant sa langue à la caméra. Quant à Robert Burke, qui était presque n'importe quel jour normal sur le jeu. Il était absolument fantastique pour travailler avec. Le gars dans la blouse blanche est Alec Chorches et le gars dans jaune est Tom Irvine, l'Asst. Dir. (un des 2 ou 3 ils avaient.) j'avais oublié de Tom nous appelant le "Roboners" :) Fichu, ce gars a été amusant pour travailler avec. Le gars dans la veste noire vers le revers dans Moni Yakim, l'entraîneur de mime sur tous les 3 films Robocop. Son fils, Boaz Yakin, est celui qui a écrit le premier film Punisher avec Dolph Lundgren et a juste fini le Prince de film de Perse. I noticed that you're wearing crew jackets from Robocop 2. I have one that belonged to one of the stunt guys, Randy Fife. I was able to reach Randy a few months back but forgot to ask a question. I was told by another crew member that the jackets weren't "Official" and were ordered by another crew member. Any input?