----------------------------------- POCOBOR Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:04 pm Joel Kinnaman offered the lead in RoboCop reboot ----------------------------------- "Actor Joel Kinnaman has been offered to take the role of ROBOCOP in director Jose Padilha's reboot of the franchise. Joel most recently appeared in the movie SAFE HOUSE. Remains to be seen if he accepts." SOURCE: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=87439 ----------------------------------- Saasouza Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:15 pm ----------------------------------- Yes, just got the news. Its all over movie related websites by now ... As far as appearances goes the guy resembles me of Peter Weller... skinny, a very defined jaw line... Now i'm curious how good is his acting Any thoughts from those who know the guy from his previous works ? ----------------------------------- Archive Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:14 pm ----------------------------------- Remains to be seen if he accepts though. For me it feels a bit strange as he is Swedish, although he has both Swedish and American citizenship. I was expecting a somewhat unknown guy and that is what we could get with Joel. I haven't seen anything he's been in though so can't really comment on acting skill or if he has an odd accent. ----------------------------------- POCOBOR Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:56 pm ----------------------------------- Here is an article about the recent news that features a clip of an interview with Joel about The Killing, a show he stars in. It showcases some of his acting chops and I can't detect an accent. http://www.slashfilm.com/the-killings-joel-kinnaman-offered-lead-robocop/ ----------------------------------- vegasrobo Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:32 am ----------------------------------- An unknown is fantastic...As for what follows remains too be seen...i'm not expecting much,Not even really expecting Robocop..But maybe we'll get something..around 2062 at this pace..maybe the new Robocop movie will be shown in vivd holographic technovision :)... ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:00 am ----------------------------------- Eh I'm not excited about this choice as I just don't have anything to base his potential off of. I checked out his IMDB and didn't recognise a single film he's been in aside from the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo remake, but I haven't seen that version. I'm pretty sure he's as unknown as you can get, at least in America. But judging from that little AMC clip, I just fon't know. I'm not saying he's a bad choice at all, in fact he could come out with an amazing performance. But his role and "look" in The Killing doesn't make me think of RoboCop at all. ----------------------------------- Josh Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:27 am ----------------------------------- Deus, you just nailed exactly what I was going to write. ----------------------------------- Saasouza Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:04 am ----------------------------------- I'm not saying he's a bad choice at all, in fact he could come out with an amazing performance. But his role and "look" in The Killing doesn't make me think of RoboCop at all. Maybe we're all too much attached to Peter Weller and having trouble trying to picture someone wearing the suit. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:37 am ----------------------------------- I'm not saying he's a bad choice at all, in fact he could come out with an amazing performance. But his role and "look" in The Killing doesn't make me think of RoboCop at all. Maybe we're all too much attached to Peter Weller and having trouble trying to picture someone wearing the suit. Well, look how it's worked out without Weller. I know I don't want to see another Page Fletcher or Robert Burke. Even Richard Eden, who did an admirable job, pales in comparison to the real deal. Maybe someone could pull off something comparable, but the precedent doesn't bode well for the new guy. ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:03 am ----------------------------------- Well his role in The Killing is a street wise undercover cop of 8 years who now works homicide cases. The definition of hardcore. The kind of guy you can tell has smoked meth more than a few times to solidify his criminal reputation. So it's a bit of a stretch to imagine him as the devoted catholic father who struggles for a lost humanity in the shell of a corporate cyborg. ----------------------------------- Archive Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:18 am ----------------------------------- In "Buckaroo Banzai" Peter Weller plays an adventurer/surgeon/rock musician who take on evil alien invaders from the 8th dimension. It's a bit of a stretch to imagine him as the devoted catholic father who struggles for a lost humanity in the shell of a corporate cyborg. ;) ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:22 pm ----------------------------------- Har har very clever J. It's almost more of a stretch, but I can make the jump from wacky 8th Dimension Ziggy Stardust sci-fi flick to RoboCop, more than Undercover Meth Head to RoboCop. But the logic remains that an actor does have the ability to transcend the roles given to him or her. ----------------------------------- RoboDemise Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:49 pm ----------------------------------- Archive, you know what to do. We need to see him in the helmet! ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:19 am ----------------------------------- Yeah it'll be like Heroin Ray-Bans. It will mask the zonked out meth stare in his eyes (see Velvet Underground). Btw, ever considering photoshopping the actors without the helmet? Could be interesting if you felt like frittering away more of your time. ----------------------------------- RoboThreat Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:23 pm ----------------------------------- i think this guy should play RoboCop... http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20090309/300.burnnotice.donovan.jeffrey.lc.030909.jpg ----------------------------------- Archive Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:35 pm ----------------------------------- Jeffrey Donovan would be a..... terrible choice. That smug bastard stars in one of the worst shows on TV and that is much the fault of him. ----------------------------------- Deus Ex Robo Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:57 pm ----------------------------------- Haha agreed! Not even BRUCE could save that show. He's like a very, VERY poor man's Guy Pearce. ----------------------------------- Josh Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:09 pm ----------------------------------- Haha agreed! Not even BRUCE could save that show. You speak the truth. That man is so Godly I'd probably let him bone my missus. As for me, I still like Fassbender. ----------------------------------- Archive Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:41 pm ----------------------------------- Remember when everyone wanted Christian Bale to star in every movie? Now it is the same thing with Fassbender. ----------------------------------- vegasrobo Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:24 pm ----------------------------------- Yeah it is,Isn't it...Pretty soon they'll try too destroy him with some on set rant..:) ----------------------------------- Josh Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:02 am ----------------------------------- Remember when everyone wanted Christian Bale to star in every movie? Now it is the same thing with Fassbender. I wouldn't go that far. I think he'd be good for Robo because he has a good range. Compare him in something like Eden Lake to X-Men: First Class and you can see he's in a different league from Bale. All Bale does since Batman is growl and snarl and It's starting to get hard to believe he's playing different characters anymore. But you saying everyone want's him in every movie. I don't, I just think out of all the (now debunked) rumours that he's be the one who can carry it best. Christ, would you rather have Fassbender, Crowe, Reeves or Cruise? ----------------------------------- Archive Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:43 pm ----------------------------------- I think Fassbender would be a good robo too. He would actually be a solid choice. At this point he has become a bit overexposed though. After "Avatar" I remember everyone wanted Sam Worthington to star in everything also. ( That cooled down fast though after some crappy roles. )