----------------------------------- AceAlive1 Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:35 am IT ----------------------------------- Just came from the movies. .... HOLY SHIT that's an epic movie. it seems kinds of slow at first, but it really is stretching and detailing the first part when they were kids. so its a whole movie of them as jr high/ high schoolers no spoilers here whatsoever, but this is exactly what the tv movie would have been if it was released in theaters if that gives you any idea how gruesome and upfront it is. its uncomfortable just like the book when it came to certain situations. if you read the book, you know what i'm talking about. its not a 90 minute movie by any stretch, this is a 2 and a half hour flick. pennywise is a weird bastard. not better than tim curry, but its almost like that one never existed because they didnt try to erase it or step on the toes of that one. its a whole different take, but not identical to the book. bill skarsgard has a gift, he made pennywise his version. the first time you hear him speak it sounds like the monster that is pennywise hasn't spoken english before and that's as far as i'll go. with minor cgi, pennywise is creepy. you gotta see it for yourself. some of the scenes are almost shot for shot with some lengthened which was really cool. ----------------------------------- RoboPimp Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:43 am ----------------------------------- I read the book twice and it is my favorite Stephen King book besides Insomnia, which is a sort of spiritual sequel. However, no matter how good that 2 1/2 hours is, I just don't have much interest in seeing a neutered version of the story. There is no way anyone could fit the entire book into one movie or even come close. I'm sure it is a fine film in it's own right but not for me. ----------------------------------- JimWantsAliens Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:12 pm ----------------------------------- Enjoyable, brilliantly acted and shot, not scary. Still worth a look. But scratch all that... SOPHIA LILLIS There's our Anne Lewis when/if the next RoboCop film comes round. She actually looks like a young Nancy Allen. ----------------------------------- Zentron Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:11 pm ----------------------------------- Top movie, freaky as hell, only thing I can say against it, is Mike and Eddie are not as developed characters as in the mini series, in fact, you could cut out Mike and you wouldn't have noticed! Though that's really about it! ----------------------------------- Stan The Man Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:59 am ----------------------------------- ^ I agree with that. I also agree was scary but also not scary, If that makes sense. Most of that I think was a few too many jump scares, was a bit annoying there. Otherwise, was quite a'ight. Still had a fair creep factor for sure. No child sex-fest which is of course different from the book and honestly was a change for the better. Was indeed nicely shot and effects certainly looked good, especially in IMAX. All-in-all, certainly worse ways to kill some time in Dallas on a Saturday waiting to see another film. ;)