New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop Weekly: Update...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:17 pm Reply with quote

Josh :
Also, ED's point of view is a nice touch but I was always under the impression that he could only hear, hence the boardroom scene.

Thanks, Josh Wink

Actually, my feelings on ED being blind or having no vision...?
It makes ZERO sense for this droid wouldn't have eyes. For every single bullet that is one the mark, ED209 can't possibly be without a targeting system. Or have a lack of sight. Of course, sonar could be useful, just not efficient in combat. ED209 would require video-feed for such a task.

Truthfully, I wish I had more time with this strip to completely tackle ED's HUD.

Another possibility for ED's HUD could be very similar to Robo's. it would be cost effective, and you can just see OCP recycling a lot of software to save a dollar. Of course, that's not to say that Robo and ED's Operating Systems are one and the same.

Sean_001 :
December 11, 2011

It's not looking good for Murphy... An upgraded ED209 is giving him a good chase. And with the loss of his arm and now his foot, how will Murphy escape?

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:52 pm Reply with quote

I know what you mean about ED needing to "see"

As for the HUD I like the simplicity. It's not too far from Robo's and I know what you mean by OCP reusing assets. The only thing I can see is that ED's would be more military style as that was Jones' plan, to expand from law enforcement and into the military.

Still, I'd rather you took your time Sean. We can wait. It is looking promising as hell though.

I'll tell you something. Some comic company needs to snap yourself and some other members up.

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:42 pm Reply with quote

I have seen this on Fb .. but this is the right place to a comment. Smile

Be sure everything you created is good as it is, it is your way and your style. From the first panel you got a nice feeling for colours and it is better and better with every one new comic.

I just wish you more of free time and good ideas to drawing, because a free time is the biggest problem for everyone artist.

Nice work again .. Pt for you.

RB 4166

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:58 am Reply with quote

Thanks guys... I do try my best with these photo editing programs. But with only a week to get this all done, I can't do everything I want to do right away. So, sometimes when Sunday rolls around, I'm not completely ready.

To me, ED's POV panel is unfinished. I wanted to add scan lines (much the same as Robo's, further eluding to Robo and ED sharing some of the same technology), but just plum ran out of time.

At any rate, Monday's are usually my break from doing the strip. It's back to the next strip tomorrow.

Maybe I'll post a little sketch book of what the Strips might've looked like.

RB 700

Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:27 am Reply with quote

Having difficulties at the moment with photobucket, again...

Anyways, here's a quickie for you! Threw this together tonight. Been a busy week.

http://www.robocoparchive.com/board/album_showpage.php?pic_id=1552

Strip continues next week.

RB 700

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:55 pm Reply with quote

! So far, we've seen an average of one strip per month, as opposed to one per week Sad

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:03 pm Reply with quote

Tell me about it...
Holidays are busy for me...
And now I'm laid up in a bed with a back-injury. Haven't even been to my real job in a week...

Damn stairs... Why can't we just have escalators?

RB 700

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:57 pm Reply with quote

Sean_001 :
And now I'm laid up in a bed with a back-injury.

Wrong topic Sean.

http://robocoparchive.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=42&start=2240

Wink

RB 17917

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:43 pm Reply with quote

So I guess this is one of those fan projects that never reached it's potential and will hang in limbo for years??? I was really enjoying what you did Sean, and I had faith that you wouldn't let us down like others in the past. I'll still be checking here Sunday's until this topic gets locked/River Rouged which unfortunately doesn't seem to far away.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:49 pm Reply with quote

It is hard for me to complain when I get the comics for free Sean, but I too think it is a pity that the project crashed and burned so early in the making. A weekly comic was a ambitious and ballsy idea so it is sad that you were defeated so early on.

Of course real life have a nasty habit of changing priorities so I fully understand. Perhaps if you get the chance to start it up again create a bunch of comics before you start posting. As such you have some buffer to keep the deadline.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:44 am Reply with quote

Damn, how I not see this shit? Oh yeah, I had walked off the face of the earth.. opps Anyway, kinda sad that these haven't been restarted, of course, I know Sean gets a lot going on so that said, I'm damn glad to see what has been done on here, this is awesome stuff. I agree with Archive that when you do reboot it, to have a couple standbys in case you do get sidetracked. Also might want to consider extending intervals, maybe twice a month instead. Just some thoughts, again, if this does restart.

Shame I wasn't around presently for things like this or the 'Corporate Wars' motion comic, that was also excellent. Seems like 2011/2012 were hittin' in some spots while 2013 gets us nothing but an apocalyptic aftermath. tongue

Again, sad I couldn't be here at the launch, and sorry to see it died out. The pieces that are here are awesome though. Top notch, Sean. Wink

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard