New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Let's talk about MS/DOS games!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Do you love DOS games?
Yes!
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
No.
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 12

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:20 am Reply with quote

Well, film has been around a lot longer than video games so it isn't that fair a comparison. RoboCop the film ain't really archaic in terms of film, but RoboCop the game (The original Arcade/DOS game) certainly is archaic in terms of video games.

And unfortunately, I don't remember ever having the DOS RoboCop (which was a port of the Arcade game). Bah. Neutral

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
FluxCapacitor
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:07 pm Reply with quote

Sorry about the double post folks, for some reason the delete button has gone? I remember Curse Of The Catacombs, but barely.

CREDITS 11

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:24 pm Reply with quote

The 'Delete' button only appears on your post if it's the last one on the thread. So once someone posts on top of it you're doomed.. unless a mod gets rid of it, of course. Wink

I was just givin' ya shit, man - think nothing about it. Glad to see an old name on here again. And glad to know I did get the title of that one right.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:38 pm Reply with quote

I got a lot of good memories from the DOS days, especially the Sierra games. Me and some pals used to play for days and days trying to complete them.

Looking back at those games now though, like Police Quest, Space Quest etc.. i wonder how i had the patience to play them all the way to the end. The game mechanics were so different back then, so unforgiving and when i tried to re-play Space Quest 2 the other day i gave up after 10 minutes. It's just way to frustrating.

Still, good memories.

CREDITS 396

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:13 pm Reply with quote

Ahh! Space Quest series was one of them too. Thanks for the assisted recall, J-man. Smile

CREDITS 2304

FluxCapacitor
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:23 am Reply with quote

Space Quest, that takes me back. I remember buying the box set with the first 5 I think it was one on disc.

CREDITS 11

ibuybug
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: a fan since 1990

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:06 am Reply with quote

^ I have that DVD. It is awesome. Very Happy

CREDITS 166

razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:54 am Reply with quote

Before my PlayStation 1, I had a Game Boy but to me, the DOS Games were my favorites.

Many hours on DOOM. Also, my Dad and I killed Hitler many times in Wolfenstein 3D.

He always got shareware CD's and it was Heaven. I can't tell you how many hours I played any Commander Keen and Duke Nukem II.

As 3D environments became the norm, I got into Duke Nukem 3D and Quake.

CREDITS 23

toaster baby-food game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Computer and Videogames All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard