New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

WORST moments in "RoboCop the Series"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

RegalSin
;

<font color=102457>;<font color=C0D9D9>

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:51 pm Reply with quote

Well, he is a cyborg, not a robot, and thus a man being supported by all of that futuristic tech. On a continues basis, the show built Murphy character, while the movies were just about cheap kicks. The original movie is the only true Robocop and that is what the television series did. Not give you a bunch of commercial situations but regular people trapped in a futuristic world, with creative criminal elements.

Robocop 1 = Teminator but he is an officer and is good
Robocop 2 = Drugs are bad and women in high places have seen the devil in the chairman eyes.
Robocop 3 = the biggest downfall of society with a cruel feminist background, and Robocop fighting Ninja Robots, and flying like an angel is the films only saving grace. And that badguy from "Turkey Shoot" is the villan.

The tv show took Murphy and made the show about the City of future Detroit and people involved around Robocop. Yes it even had a Christmas episode, but why not?

Their is not that much to Robocop at all, asides him targeting, making impossible human shots, and being able to witstand most projectile weapons, unless directly in front of him at a reasonable distance.

We had Murphy doing all sorts of things, you will never see in the film, from using science, going beyond the limits of his robot strength, and even negotiating and understanding characters. If every single scene was just bullet in ths skull, then
it would not be a cop show.

Robocop TV = A futurisitc Dragnet. We also got action in the series as well, with something that people liked.

Quote:
Next, let me get this straight - you liked having an annoying little kid running around but got irked at reuse of some Hummers?

Yeah I just did not get those Micromachine. I know the show had a budget but for crying out loud, how many times do I have to see the same exact set of cars for differnt set of characters. It makes it look like in Detroit after suspects have been taken out, the cars get resold to another set of bad apples.

Gadget was funny, and gave us smaller things we neglect. Like the orphanage, gambling, and even sugar cereals.

Code:
Then finally you bitch in the other topic about feminist ruination of society and then commend the show for having a female top corporate villain?

Well it was about damn time, something different happen. The show gave us tons of female antagonists. Like inside Crime, the Orphanage woman, Gadgets mom, Batch Russian syndicate type, then of course the Norse mob boss. All we got from the movies were hookers, hoars, and hussies. And if not one of them then their were damsels, dykes, dames, and dick suckers. While the show is obviously made towards women, it did a great job of villains, and antagonistic foes.

Even the men characters was reasonable. We had the traditional goof ball criminals
duo, syndicates, kidnappers, etc etc etc, and all the traditional male roles of badudes.

I complain about the Feminist ruination of society because, after thinking about it for sometime, after my many bad run in's with women ( but of course if you hunt alot and have an open mind, your bound to run into a mine ), feminist are hurting our world more faster then the o-zone layer, dolphin hunting, illegal dumping, and
etc.

Completely off topic, but wanna-be neo-fem-nazi's want to lawfully assault a clothing designer for selling alternative clothing for young adults and children. They want to condemn people for feeling the baby kick inside a women's belly.

In robocop world, we have the traditional antagonistic types, but in the real world, people who break the bigger laws look helpless, cowardly, and are dangerous through the judicial system.

It makes me insane, when I see a feminsit, walk around preaching rubbish. They are not preaching freedoms, but they are preaching racist, fascist, lies, and then attempt to drill that mumbo jumbo on to helpless immigrants and minors.

In fact one thing I really loved, about Robocop tv is the one episode where they had the wild and out of control, western, cowboy, tankgirl, punk, feminist duo. Then even made the inside crime lady team up with them. That entire episode showed off every little nitch that feminist underlying stood for. Watching that episode makes me think about how

I really wished robo-cop had whiped out his gun on that crowd of fem-nazi's during that episode, or the chairman had just order the driver to floor it, into the crowd, Blues Brothers style. Instead he got "whistle blown" by the two western wild maniac animal women.

To top it off, the episode main antagonistic character was a man, a former badguy character. In the end he got shocked again by Diana ( since he was the one who put her in the machine ).

Another episode even had public assistance, ( welfare, financial aide, child support, etc ) which featured none other then Robo's wife being poor, because OCP refused her pension or something like that.

Just to make this series even more feminine, their was this one episode with none other then Walmart queen, prodigy who enjoys buying property ( like famous artwork and opening a museum ). They had a woman pull out a gun to open fire on her but robo-stepped in. This time RoboCop was a paid bodyguard of a rival corperation.

Thinking back, another thing that annoyed me was how goofy this chairman was. I know he was to mimic, the chairman from the first two films, but watching him in that one very long and messed up feminist episode. They gave the chairman a heart, a heart which somehow got forgotten, and replaced with a senile man raging for an opportunity for sex ( in Robocop 2 ).

RB 484

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:03 pm Reply with quote

I gotta admit, I find all these observations interesting. A little extreme and all over the place, but interesting.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:49 pm Reply with quote

This was stated elsewhere but a big part of the problem is that there really isn't any way to develop Murphy further beyond the original film in terms of character, not without lugging the thing and him down with a bunch of secondary crap, which is what the Series and other things did.

Some ideas and concepts in the Series were/are good. But unfortunately it's a cheesefest, and that only takes away the seriousness from a film and universe that didn't have a lot of it to begin with. I did like a return of the satirical humor, even if the execution wasn't great because it had to conform to 90s TV content limits.

Some of the gadgets and things are ok but the rest are cheesy overload. I can't stand the use of little kids and the goofy villains. Some of the episode's plots certainly left a bit to be desired. And though I don't mind a bit of mopey Robo, his family was a tad overused throughout the show. In many cases done well, but still just used a bit too much.

More than anything, like most of us, I just wish it could have been done outside of the 90s TV setup. Without the lack of violence and adult tones - Seeing RoboCop NOT actually blowing perps away is plain annoying and tiring. I missed that, and missed the feel of the Weller films.

As for the films giving us 'only hookers, hoars, and hussies' and/or 'damsels, dykes, dames, and dick suckers' do tell me where Lewis fits in there? Yes she was Murphy's partner and therefore somewhat secondary but I was under the impression that she was looked up to as a strong and kickass female character, a nice thing given that she easily could have been sexualized and made more a damsel/twit type.

RegalSin :
I really wished robo-cop had whiped out his gun on that crowd of fem-nazi's during that episode, or the chairman had just order the driver to floor it, into the crowd, Blues Brothers style.

Again, in the world of R1, RoboCop very well would have blown 'em away and those bitches would have deader than fried fuckin chicken. At least I'd like to think so anyway. But not in that Series, so there ya are.

RegalSin :
They gave the chairman a heart, a heart which somehow got forgotten, and replaced with a senile man raging for an opportunity for sex ( in Robocop 2 ).

Lol, but I don't really recall the Old Man having much of a 'heart' in the first movie. Sure he wasn't the same between R1 and R2 but certainly wasn't such a nice caring guy to start with as I recall.

Archive :
I gotta admit, I find all these observations interesting. A little extreme and all over the place, but interesting.

I do actually second that (to an extent), but I still can't agree with rating the Series over the original. It had some nice concepts and give some extension to Robo, but that wasn't enough to overcome the complete loss of atmosphere and tone of the original film, in addition to all its goofiness throughout. It only continued the watering-down decline of RoboCop.

I like the Series, but all told it's not really all that good. It's certainly not all bad either though.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RegalSin
;

<font color=102457>;<font color=C0D9D9>

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:23 pm Reply with quote

I remember somebody was talking about how robocop could be shutdown and the put back online, apparently this animation already did that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL3QLu_CYns

Just go towards the end you see what I am talking about. I remember there was another animation, that would appear with "Sherlock Homes in the 21st century".

RB 484

Diegoeichan
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:19 pm Reply with quote

c'mon robocop animated serie was awesome!

RB 260

Diegoeichan
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:25 pm Reply with quote

Well in the tv show. there is a episode where Robocop meets his father. it was ok for me...

RB 260

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:41 pm Reply with quote

RegalSin :
I remember somebody was talking about how robocop could be shutdown and the put back online, apparently this animation already did that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL3QLu_CYns

Just go towards the end you see what I am talking about. I remember there was another animation, that would appear with "Sherlock Homes in the 21st century".

It was the base concept behind the draft for the original sequel to RoboCop, so technically the idea was around well before 'Alpha Commando'

That said, I don't see really what any of that has to do with the 'worst moments' in the original Series, but whatever...

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:47 pm Reply with quote

Well then, allow me to bring up another worst moment from the series.

In the episode "Eve", Shorty changed his appearance to that of a woman. That was a pretty messed up idea. In no way was that effective.

In the episode "Midnight Minus One", Detective Madigan was chasing after an unknown assailant (unknown to her at the time, she's was only there to question Dr. Frink). She loses him at the roof, notices a "FLATSCAN" needle near the edge, and is pushed off the building. RoboCop shows up in the nick of time, and throws a "TAC" device. Which proceeds to emit a holographic beam that catches Madigan and lowers her down to safety.

First off, WTF?! This device could've been used, theoretically, in many situations leading up to that episode. (And yes, I understand the advances in technology) But this device seemed too convenient at the time. Instead of finding her lifeless corpse at the scene, Robo just shows up, has this device, and BOOM! Instant Bad Writing. For many reasons in the '90's, TV was lame. But this kinda scene wouldn't fly today. (Pun.)

I love cheesy shit. One of the many reasons I love this story, in fact. Anyone else with a good moment?

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard