New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Playstation 4 or XBox One?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

CroRoboCop
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:28 pm Reply with quote

Whatever is cheaper and doesnt require shitload of registrations, internet connections and other crap.

Hell, I just want to play the damn games, not register on some site with thousand others who message me all the time and send join requests...

Video games and consoles arent very single player friendly and I only play single player, soo...

Anyway, I probably wont get either in the next few years. I have only a very old, very weak, almost wrecked PC. I intented to get a new decent PC soon, but even then I dont plan on getting very strong hardware. Just enough to play the current games in pretty graphics. When I say "current" I dont mean stuff like Battlefield 3,4, Call of Duty and etc... I am thinking Witcher 1 and 2, Dishonored, Red Faction: Guerilla, etc...

However, I was thinking about getting X360 or PS3, now when they are both rather cheap. Between those two, I would probably go for X360, simply because it seems more straightforward (at least it looks that way to me).

CREDITS 108

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:18 am Reply with quote

Having not even been a fan of Playstation (never bought any of them at launch ) I have to say the PS4 is probably the best choice right now. I too also couldnt stand the controller for the PSs and I am happy to say the PS4 controller is a huge improvement. The space between the handles and the analogue sticks are roughly the same distiance as the xbox controllers, so now your thumbs rest comfortably the sticks.

the PS4 is pretty much plug in and go, and after watching a few unboxing videos for the Xbone I fine the whole cable tv set up intrusive and the menus unnecessarily complicated.

I love how the PS4 just loads everything so effortlessly, everything about the menu just 'pops'

I was never a PS fan, but I think they finally got it right with this 4th one.

I didnt get the xbone because it literally Forced you to have a kinect, and I dont have room for that nonsense by my computer.. that and the fact Ive have 9 xbox360 (returns/ and purchases) over the years, and microsoft has proven to cut corners at launch and burn their early adopters..

CREDITS 3259

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:17 am Reply with quote

I need to feel the PS4 controller in my hands I guess. If the control sticks are farther apart it may be tolerable.

I decided to look on craigslist and there are 4 people in my area alone trying to sell an xbox 1 for 650-850 dollars. Those are the base systems with no games. I thought maybe the xboxes are sold out but nope, went to wal mart and they have a few sitting right there. So these guys on craigslist are idiots and it makes me smile.

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:14 pm Reply with quote

Theres a few xbones on amazon for almost 2 grand. For that price you can get a pc and play the games a the quality and resolution these new systems emulate.

CREDITS 3259

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:20 pm Reply with quote

Lol, reminds me of an old saying - Two cups that are exactly the same but one is priced $5 and one $10 - Why? 'Cause some people just like paying 5 while others like paying 10.. :roll:

Anyway, I've heard the PS4 controller is greatly improved from prior ones. So I have to say if I were to buy one, I might lean to the PS4. It seems mostly like a gaming system, and not the super-duper home entertainment-take-over device the XB1 is. Plus that whole Kinect and voice command horsehsit is a automatic negative with me...

Bah, just my thoughts, again, not like I'm buying either/or anytime soon. Hooray for complacency! tongue

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:15 pm Reply with quote

From first hand experience the new Dual Shock is a big improvement. It fits in the hands better, the analogue sticks are more precise and the triggers are a pleasure to use.

The console itself is great. There isn't much more that I can add that others haven't already said. Along with the XBox One I think gamers have got a good time ahead of them. Just wait until Sony and Microsoft (hopefully) listen to fan feedback and add more and more features.

CREDITS 1689

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:36 am Reply with quote

I am buying a PS4 in February, hopefully Destiny will be out by then.

CREDITS 2702

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
FremenDar007
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:09 pm Reply with quote

I'll be getting an Xbox One first and the PlayStation 4 second in either 2015 or 2016. I'm in no rush except DEAD RISING 3 looks great.

CREDITS 2

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:04 am Reply with quote

The xbox 1 apparently has the 500 gig internal hard drive and that is it. No way to use external hard drives, flash drives, or even upgrade the internal memory. That seems like a huge mistake. Huge. I am sure there are ways around it but to keep your warranty intact or not risk console banning it seems like you are stuck with the 500 gig and nothing else. Add to that the push for downloadable games and content that 500 gigs will be used up very quickly. This is what I understand. Not sure if it is 100% correct but if it is I would never get an xbox 1.

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote

That is weak..

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Computer and Videogames All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard