New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

picture Ultimate ED-209 photo collection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

RoboCop 6000
O-L3

O-L3

Comment: 1989,1990,1991, Serve the public trust,Protect the inocent,Uphold the law_

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:47 pm Reply with quote

Damn good!! Nice work buddy,it's practicaly identical to the movie model or.... i can say superior!? Hell yea!!

RB 275

JadeETC
Regular at rigatoni feeds.

Sgt-L1

Comment: Mind if I...zip this up?

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:59 pm Reply with quote

In what park is that statue in? I'm sure it says somewhere in this forum, I'm just too lazy to look. tongue1

RB -548

RoboTrap
OmniCon - A Silver Future

L-L2

Comment: RoboCop: The Future's Silver Lining

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:07 am Reply with quote

Looking gorgeous, Robbins! You mentioned doing some renders... any plans on animation?

RB 13970

ultra1 robocop-figure4 lewis-figure RoboBadge ultra4 ultra5 ultra6
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote

Oh wow, Robbins this is amazing! This is without a doubt one of the best-no, THE BEST looking ED-209 model I have ever seen. You've done such an awesome job! Bravo man, bravo!

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
robbins98033
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:10 am Reply with quote

Thanks everyone! Just wait till ED is textured, gonna be the icing on the cake. I do have plans to animate. One of the technical/animation artists I work with is working on the rig for it. He said he had to use the pythagorean theorem on some of the leg joints to make it easier to animate!

RB 192

CoboRop
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: No comment..

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:29 am Reply with quote

Wow robbins98033, those modeling images are stunning!

[EDIT]

Can I just ask, how was that image created, from a scan? What bit of software did you use?

RB 16

robbins98033
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:55 pm Reply with quote

CoboRop :
Wow robbins98033, those modeling images are stunning!

[EDIT]

Can I just ask, how was that image created, from a scan? What bit of software did you use?

That's a loaded question Smile I built the mesh from the ground up mostly using Maya. No scans. I grabbed all the reference images I could find from the movie and the internet but, it was fairly limited. Blueprints would have been ideal! I use a modeling technique called subdivision surfaces. Basically you build a proxy mesh and the tool subdivides your model and uses a relaxing algorithm to smooth out the resulting mesh. Sub d is nothing new and most 3D packages utilize the technology but call it by different names. Sub D is also great because you only have to create uvs for the proxy mesh which makes it a lot easier to create texture maps. I just started that process but, I知 hoping to have ED fully textured in a few weeks and after a few tests it痴 going to be the icing on the cake. I use a rendering engine called Mental Ray that takes the meshes, materials, lights, etc. and renders out the final image. As soon as I知 done with ED I値l post a making of on my blog that will further explain my process. Hope that helps!

RB 192

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:43 pm Reply with quote

robbins98033 :
That's a loaded question Smile I built the mesh from the ground up mostly using Maya. No scans. I grab all the reference I could find from the movie and the internet but, it was fairly limited. Blueprints would have been ideal. I use a modeling technique called subdivision surfaces. Basically you build a proxy mesh and the tool subdivides your model and uses relaxing algorithm to smooth out the resulting mesh. Sub d is nothing new and most 3D packages utilize the feature but call it by different names. Sub D is also great because you only have to create uvs for the proxy mesh which makes it a lot easier to create texture maps. I just started that process but, I知 hoping to have ED fully textured in a few weeks and after a few tests it痴 going to be the icing on the cake. I use a rendering engine called Mental Ray that takes the meshes, materials, lights, etc. and renders out the final image. As soon as I知 done with ED I値l post a making of on my blog that will further explain my process. Hope that helps!

I can do that.

Here, hold my beer.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:03 pm Reply with quote

Josh :
I can do that.

Here, hold my beer.

No problem.

*holds beer down*

Any advice what should I do in case he gets mad about the remake ED-209?

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
robbins98033
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:27 am Reply with quote

If you talking about me it's too late, I already hate Robocop 2014 and I haven't even seen it. The way I look at it is you can't repaint the Mona Lisa. It's already a masterpiece. Same goes for the original Robocop.

RB 192

CoboRop
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: No comment..

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:16 pm Reply with quote

robbins98033 :

That's a loaded question Smile I built the mesh from the ground up mostly using Maya. No scans. I grabbed all the reference images I could find from the movie and the internet but, it was fairly limited. Blueprints would have been ideal! I use a modeling technique called subdivision surfaces. Basically you build a proxy mesh and the tool subdivides your model and uses a relaxing algorithm to smooth out the resulting mesh. Sub d is nothing new and most 3D packages utilize the technology but call it by different names. Sub D is also great because you only have to create uvs for the proxy mesh which makes it a lot easier to create texture maps. I just started that process but, I知 hoping to have ED fully textured in a few weeks and after a few tests it痴 going to be the icing on the cake. I use a rendering engine called Mental Ray that takes the meshes, materials, lights, etc. and renders out the final image. As soon as I知 done with ED I値l post a making of on my blog that will further explain my process. Hope that helps!

Thanks for taking the time to explain!!

So something a bit like this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnfVrP6L89M

That blows my mind and must have taken you hours and hours! Do you have any images of the early stages so we can see how it progressed?

Again, really impressive wrok, thanks for sharing. Smile

RB 16

robbins98033
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:48 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, thats a decent place to start. That low poly mesh can also be used as a proxy mesh for the sub d. Yeah, hopefully in the next month or so I'll start breaking down my process. I will also post some images of my proxy meshes (the mesh before it's all "smoothed"). The last time I checked ED proxy mesh triangle count was close to 2 million triangles. The smoothed out version is around 8 million Smile

I haven't tracked the hours but, it's probably around 640 hours of work (around 4 months @ 40 hrs a week). It's too bad I'm not getting paid my freelance rate for this. I'd be rich!

A couple more vids to check out. digitaltutors.com is a great resource.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckOTl2GcS-E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc1hHeFoVJ0

CoboRop :
robbins98033 :

Thanks for taking the time to explain!!

So something a bit like this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnfVrP6L89M

That blows my mind and must have taken you hours and hours! Do you have any images of the early stages so we can see how it progressed?

Again, really impressive wrok, thanks for sharing. Smile

RB 192

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Picture and Video Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard