New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Best Comic Book Series Of Robocop

travisrobo1985
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:32 pm Reply with quote

Which do you consider the best robocop series of comic books?

RB 99

game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote

Bah, isn't there already a topic for this somewhere? :roll:

EDIT - Hmm, guess not.

RvsT would have to be top for me. Granted I've always leaned a bit to the Dark Horse stuff myself, but that is an amazing series.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
travisrobo1985
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for answering Stan

RB 99

game-xbox
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:33 pm Reply with quote

I haven't read it all, but RoboCop vs Terminator (the Darkhorse series) does seem to be the best, both in terms of story and artwork.
"RoboCop: Prime Suspect" wasn't bad either, but the art was not exactly my type.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
travisrobo1985
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:39 pm Reply with quote

so far from my collection im enjoying the termiantor vs robocop series and the dynamite 6 part series

RB 99

game-xbox
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quote

I bought the 23 numbers of Marvel when I was a kid.

They were irregular but there was lot of good material and good ideas in them. Overall I enjoyed quite much that collection, and the art was good and varied.

I discovered the Dark Horse comics thanks to this web, and I must say they never impressed me, other than RvsT of course, although even RvsT is nowhere near the original Alien vs Predator comic from Dark Horse too, a piece of art. There were also fairly good Terminator comics by Dark Horse, with much better art than Robo ones.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quote

I'm just gonna put it out there,Last Stand from Boom studios is lookin' pretty good.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
GNracer2000
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:00 pm Reply with quote

I have been enjoying the new Boom series Last Stand. I just find the comics to be rather short compared to others on the market. I liked the story of Prime Suspect of people trying to frame Robocop for murder.

RB 38

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:37 pm Reply with quote

I think Iīll go with RvsT as well. The Marvel ones have good stories on some issues and pretty cheesy scripts on others (I remember that villain with a TV head, ug).

I didnīt have the chance to read some of the Dark Horse stuff (except the crossover), but the comic adaptations are lame (the best in my opinion is RoboCop 2). The Avatar comics are not good (more focused on females with big breasts instead of Murphy) and looks like the Boom titles arenīt too exciting as well...

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:19 am Reply with quote

Robocop Vs. Terminator.

Though a guilty pleasure of mine is Frank Miller's Robocop.

Showing us what could have been.

RB 283

toaster baby-food game-xbox
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:30 am Reply with quote

Marvel was really stepping up with their game when the plug was pulled on their series.

I still enjoy those issues and re read them now and then.

Check them out, from about Issue 12 to 23.

That's about when they found their place.

RB 495

Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:15 pm Reply with quote

Agreed.

It still remains my favorite RoboCop series of comics.
Close second are all of the Dark Horse run. RvT wasn't bad, but Miller didn't really fit for a writer of anything Terminator. Too poetic in its internal monologue. But with DHC, the smaller four-part series books weren't that bad. Art aside, the story telling was top notch. Favorite series from them is still "Mortal Coils" the art was good, and the story was a new fresh idea: take RoboCop out of Detroit and thrown into a city that was far worse, Denver.

I am impressed, however, with how Boom is treating Miller's draft of RoboCop 3.

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quote

Easy - Miller's RvsT and Prime Suspect. I can read those anytime. Perfect not only in Robocop, but for a general comic book entertainment to read.

Dark Horse's run was good. Shame they still aren't doing it.

Dynamite - although had good premise of starting again from where R1 left of, it was a shame it started badly. Though I have just got to the end of Road Trip and am very intrigued to know where they were hoping to go with the series. Shame I'll never know, it actually ended quite well.

Boom! - again, I thought Last Stand started badly, but is picking up in storyline; I think they are just timing the storyline sequences better with each comic, but there are some bad panels in each book where I just think - what the hell is going on there and how does that relate to anything!

I keep hearing on here how good Marvel's run was, but I am yet to read them myself. Ebay here I come...

RB 4892

Ed-260
NOF
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: Who told you how?

Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:03 am Reply with quote

Prime Suspect
Roulette
RVsT
Mortal Coils
R2 adaptation

RB 534

comic2-robocop game-xbox arcade2-robocop2 Doom robocop3-fanboy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard