New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

I wonder what a new Cain would look like for 2014?

roboman2
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:43 pm Reply with quote

Just wondering what a new design would look like if they made a new Robocop 2 movie.

Any ideas?
Flying
Better armor
more arms
Better weapons.

What would you change?

RB 552

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:27 pm Reply with quote

One thing that's always bugged me about the Cain design, story-wise, is that it never looked like a successor to RoboCop to me. Could you really imagine an army of these patrolling the streets? Because I certainly couldn't.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the design, it's the perfect mechanical monster. But maybe I'd like to see something that shows more signs of being on the police force and later Cain himself modifying his own body to become more menacing.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:30 pm Reply with quote

Given how it shrugged off Cobra Gun shots I doubt it could really use more armor, and more weapons can be a double-edged sword. Flying? Nah, maybe some kind of big jump ability to it, but not full-blown aerial flight.

93 put it - The biggest thing going for RoboCAIN is his impracticality, especially in story terms. It really is a mechanical beast, with no real indication whatsoever of its supposed intent for urban pacification. ED was better in that regard (though not that much).

In terms of the rebootmake universe, and this might sound silly, I think a 'new' RoboCop 2 unit would be better put in size somewhere between the present rebootcop/208s and the reboot EDs. Not quite as imposing in terms of size and mass. It should still have that menacing countenance of course, but I think, if you're gonna follow R2014's world, it needs to have that somewhat radical departure from its original (I don't care for that that much personally, but again, just spitballing in the reboot world's terms here). Something that has that aura of monstrosity to it, but toned down and with a bit more practicality to it. Something like that. Indeed, I love the RoboCAIN design for what it is, but what it is really isn't an urban enforcement tool or viable replacement for RoboCop, as stated.

Not really sure about an actual design though.. He should remain tough and tenacious. You can't take him out with an RPG or something like you could an ED. I wouldn't want him bigger than the EDs though, thats for sure. The original RoboCop 2/RoboCAIN had decent agility to him, should keep that, if not have more of it. Maybe a bit more weaponry.. I like 93's idea of a 'base' version with a modularity that makes him even more awesome and impressive later, that's a good thought. Bah, I don't know how put it all in terms of visuals though.. I guess I'd like the look to be a good bit like RoboCAIN, to make a good link, but with some distinctive alterations.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:16 pm Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
One thing that's always bugged me about the Cain design, story-wise, is that it never looked like a successor to RoboCop to me. Could you really imagine an army of these patrolling the streets? Because I certainly couldn't.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the design, it's the perfect mechanical monster. But maybe I'd like to see something that shows more signs of being on the police force and later Cain himself modifying his own body to become more menacing.

I agree it is more like a new ED-209 with a brain than a robocop 2, the concept is brutal and over the top like ED was, but Robo was a success and ED a failure so it is no surprise they used the name with better reputation.

And it does not make much sense that he cannot speak when even brainless ED-209 could. Yet being who he was I can understand that dr faxx took out the speech capacity from him, but yet it does not make much sense, verbal communication should be a fundamental part of a police robot.

I like the idea you hinted at the end, in the original R2 he gets nuts at his presentation. Yet I think it could be interesting that he gets deployed in the streets and worked fine for a while then started to change behavior and malfunction, as you say also modify himself (to look more like the Robocain we know?), he may have had his memory erased and he gets it back progressively, it would be a retelling of the original roobocop 1987 film in a wicked way, and Murphy has to stop him.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:48 pm Reply with quote

The way I see Cain, it looked like he was nuclear powered and was probably capable of using high-caliber or nuclear weapons. I think he'd be WAY TOO DANGEROUS to patrol the streets. He'd probably be good for military operations, but that's about it.

ED was more capable of patrolling Detroit, but that being said, there's probably no way of fixing those glitches...so you might get a little misfire and a couple of innocent casualties.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
roboman2
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:28 am Reply with quote

I like the design, but in terms of a real robot, it is more for movie show then a real robot for a police force.

RB 552

BurnOne4Robo
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:22 pm Reply with quote

I like 93's idea of Cain doing some self modification after going haywire. But I never viewed Cain as a successor to Robocop. Robo was meant to be on the streets, a part of the every day police force. I always perceived Cain to be more of an equalizer. Not something you would use in everyday crime fighting, but the guy you called when you want to bring in the "big guns." Plus, the fact that Dr. Faxx was a bit psychotic herself, she went a little overboard with it, and the final product is a reflection of her being a bit off.

For the reboot's universe, Cain would probably be a mix between ED and the EM's. Like an EM 208 on steroids, with more fire power.

RB 226

robocop-figure4 nuke-black-thunder magnavolt
Maxlee
C-L1

C-L1

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:20 pm Reply with quote

I always imagined a RoboCain redesign, or an "actual RoboCop 2.0" to initially look just like RoboCop, although as streamlined as possible. In those sorta scenes, it can be an actor in a suit, like usual.

However, like our RoboCain, this new Robo 2.0 has hidden pistons and levers, so that it can extend his arms, legs and waist and become freakishly huge and skeleton like. A bit like General Grievous if you will. In these scenes it can be an stopmotion puppet, or CGI if we have to get with the times.

I also envisioned this model to have hidden sniper-like guns in his arms, and like RoboCop taken to the extreme, he only shoots headshot after headshot.

Finally, his head would be a complete helmet, sorta like those Cobra Troopers from GI Joe. The head would open at the front, lots of smoke/steam would come out, and then this horrible zombiefied face/head would slide forward, to keep with the sort of horror frankensteinish aspect of these OCP cyborgs.

RB 1560

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard