New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop vs Batman: The comic.

terry312237
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:14 am Reply with quote

Hi guys, finally I´ve finish my comic.
Hope You like it.

DOWNLOAD FULL COMIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSK8T3WiCzg

RB 99

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:16 am Reply with quote

Nice! But you should say "Batman created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane".

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:07 am Reply with quote

Hmm, I'm pretty torn on this one. For one thing its just nice to see a completed Robocop fan comic, and I like the story, plus some of the art is really good. The problem is that I wish you had given it to someone who it good at English for revision fist because some of the dialogue is questionable and/or grammatically incorrect. Also, leaving Bill Finger out of the credits is a HUGE disrespect! Overall, this was decent but feels more like a rough draft than a polished piece. I'm still gonna give you a PT for all your hard work.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:46 pm Reply with quote

I thought it was great! But I do agree with Pimp that its obvious that English is not your first language, so maybe someone who has a better understanding of the language edit the comic? Just a thought.

But overall I loved it! I was real curious on how you would get both characters together, I thought you did a great job at that. I also liked that you didn't make Batman Robo's equal strength wise, I was afraid Batman would be some hulk that can go toe to toe with Robo.

Great work terry! P.T. for you!

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:12 pm Reply with quote

Bah, that last pic needs to be thumbnailed methinks..

Ahem, anyway, this was a nice piece. Like Pimp I'm always glad just to see any decent Robo fan projects come to fruition. And this one was quite neat.

Now to critical analysis - Sorry, but I kinda have to do it y'know.

I liked the story and setup for Batman and Robo running into each other. Nothing real fancy or elaborate, but it works. In fact I think tying the Joker in with the Nuke works well, actually. I agree some words and phrases seem off (some pretty badly), but I still got pretty much the gist of everything. That said, some of Robo's dialogue seemed a bit off, but that might just be me - I'm awful used to the heavy succinctness of Weller and his relatively few lines, still I liked it, especially the exchange with Bats.

I especially liked a good portrayal of Robo as badass and not wuss. Not hesitant to blast a fool and/or take some beating like in R1 and R2. Very good. In fact he might be portrayed a tad to strong. But its still good. I also liked Batman, his showing did not disappoint either really.

Like Hell, I am most proud of what I too feel was a mostly accurate fight - Batman, though he's got tools and enhancements that can give him lots of strength and power in spots, just isn't as strong as Robo outright. But Batman has some spots where he can make some one-ups as it were. I too was a bit afraid this would be some equal-style strongman brawl. It wasn't, this was done very well. All-in-all it was a good match, Robo and Batman both have their strengths and weaknesses, and this fight didn't shame or overblow either one to me - You had a good mind to show a relatively realistic exchange and I think it shows.

As I said, I liked the final exchange with Robo and Batman - It's a clear portrayal of how these two beings, despite their apparent differences, are also similar in many ways. The open-ending was done fairly well too I thought - It has a slight sense of finality which serves if this is all you feel like doing but definitely allows for more should you be so inclined.

All-in-all an interesting and plain good piece. Certainly not perfect, but still quite alright. It's nothing that's overdone or trying too hard - Just a cool product. Well done.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:41 am Reply with quote

Not to be a dick, but I just found this extremely enlightening article on the whole Bob Kane/Bill Finger thing:

http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/391/

Based on that, I would implore you to not only add Bill Finger's name in the credits, but to remove any mention of Bob Kane from your work.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:27 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Not to be a dick, but I just found this extremely enlightening article on the whole Bob Kane/Bill Finger thing:

http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/391/

Based on that, I would implore you to not only add Bill Finger's name in the credits, but to remove any mention of Bob Kane from your work.

You can be a dick for that, Pimp! It´s important to remember who did the real work behind Batman. Without Finger, we´d have a blonde dude on a domino mask. I have to get the "Bill The Boy Wonder" comic book.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:50 pm Reply with quote

Ok, this seems like a stupid complaint, but Batman breaking RoboCop's helmet makes no sense. RoboCop's helmet wouldn't "shatter" like that, it's made of titanium. At most it would dent out of shape but it wouldn't shatter. Even when he put that bomb on his head, the helmet realistically wouldn't crack like that.

RB 853

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
Meriandressial
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

schitsophrenk

Comment: Victory Goes To The Bold And The Wise

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:23 am Reply with quote

Its ok. But it has things wrong with it.

The pathetic non joker. Bale the twat. Aka battwat.

And overall, it lacks uniqueness. Its designs are copy pastes of the actors. It lacks the characters themselves.

Theres a diference between drawing a character who looks like the actor version. And copying a character actor image verbatim.

RoboCop looks right. But Batman doesnt.
The joker veers between verbatim and rightish.

The story goes in circles. Batman comes across as a useless whiner. Wawawa, you killed a psycho, doing your job. Whinge whinge. Vigilante trying to tell a policeman what to do. Something battwat would do. But not fun in a comic. Or anywere.Batman comes across as bratty and arrogant.
And suicidel. The pissing about trying to stop the arrest is stupid.

Whoever who was good or neutrel from the DPD was in it, they'd all have the same wtf response.

His helmet shattering is wrong. Its alot tougher that that.

And RoboCops eyes are blue, not green.

Itd be better if you used your own style completely. Less verbatim.

The only person who does anything is RoboCop. The rest just faff about doing nothing.

Overall, good style, ok story.

Use a better batman and joker or a original batman and joker next time.

And dont worry about the bob kane , finger, thing. Whoever owns it legally gets credit. Doesnt matter if they got it nicely or ruthlessly. Stick with bob kane.

RB 188

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Fan creations All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard