New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop 2014 - On Blu-Ray June 9 - Steelbook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:31 pm Reply with quote

I have to say guys, I've watched it again and I still think it's fantastic. Blu-Ray wise the featurettes are the best extras. Oh, and in the UK, the trailer is cut to remove shots of Murphy laying injured in hospital.

Also, Archive is right. If everyone supports the film, there could be more goodies for us. Regardless, it will get re-rebooted in 10 years as per Spider-Man, Batman and Planet of the Apes. So I'd rather see Padhila back in the director's chair for two more films before then. He might even be allowed to push the violence further. Anyone who's seen Elite Squad knows he can create shocking moments. I think it was important this new movie DID have a broad appeal. I think an R-reboot could've been a flop.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:17 am Reply with quote

Just found this on an eBay listing...apparently there was a steelbook for the US version of the Blu-ray.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTkwWDc0Nw==/z/eo0AAOSwaNBUeyEE/$_57.JPG

However it was a Best Buy exclusive (as you can tell from the sticker and packaging), but I do think it somewhat interesting that they used different artwork for the steelbook (or 'metalpak' as they're supposedly called...if anyone can correct me on that).

If anyone wants to buy it (even though the remake's terrible), you can do so by clicking here.

Also, if you look closely, it even has a ad for the horrible iOS/Android game...well that's good to know.

Note: For some reason, the img BBCode doesn't work on that ONE jpeg...I don't know why.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:02 am Reply with quote

Already got one. It's got a ED-209 on the back.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
RoboConsultant
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: Tyger Tyger

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:47 pm Reply with quote

I've got so many DVDs in my bookcase that I refrain from buying steelbooks these days as they always end up getting damaged - no matter how much I look after them. Shame too, some look great.

RB 41

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote

RoboConsultant :
I refrain from buying steelbooks these days as they always end up getting damaged

That seems ironic, considering the name...but I guess the same could be said of my Robosteel variant for issue #1 of the Avatar series.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboConsultant
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: Tyger Tyger

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:35 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
That seems ironic, considering the name...but I guess the same could be said of my Robosteel variant for issue #1 of the Avatar series.

I can take a scuff on a standard plastic case, but not a scratch or a dent on a beautiful steelbook. My heart can't take it.

RB 41

AceAlive1
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Comment: I am VERY disappointed!

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:49 pm Reply with quote

i like it!!

RB 643

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard