New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Your favorite video game system?

JadeETC
Regular at rigatoni feeds.

Sgt-L1

Comment: Mind if I...zip this up?

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:40 am Reply with quote

My favorite is the Atari VCS.

CREDITS 23

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:14 am Reply with quote

Care to elaborate why? That'd make the topic much more interesting.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:46 am Reply with quote

Is that a different system than the 2600 or 5200. If so, I didn't have that one. I like the 2600. It had a lot of games.
My favorite hands down was the NES. It had a huge library of games and it had staying power into the 1990s.

CREDITS 35

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:21 am Reply with quote

I was a little late for the proper NES/8-bit era but I remember playing it a lot with my friend in its final days in the 90s in our way younger days, fun times.. Plenty of Mario action but 'Skate or Die' always seems to come to the forefront too for some reason.. Smile

I came up primarily with the 16-bits.. SNES and Genesis (Megadrive) all the way. My childhood bestie and I had a kind of quid-pro-quo where I generally had the Nintendo stuff and he had the Sega. Sonics, Phantasy Star, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, and many others wtih him, and Marios, Mario Kart, Starfox, a scant bit of RoboCop and Super Star Wars, Zelda Link to the Past on my end.. Man! That was some good gamin' there. I still have emulators and ROMs of most of that shit on my old PC.

Also gotta say, despite the Nintendo 64's immense (but still admittedly somewhat deserved) ragging I had a lot of fond memories with that one - It was the 'all new' thing for this once innocent boy - Some games that were plain great, and others that were fun, ones I certainly don't remember sucking so much even though that's what everyone else says.. Not long after that in the early-mid 00s I went full-blown PC and pretty much never looked back at the consoles, though I've been out of it for any serious gaming of any kind for at least the last half-decade.

I am starting to fool around with my in-law's 360 though, and I hope to if not get a newer/upgraded PC then maybe I might look at a PS4. We'll see.

Anyway, as far as my faves growing up, again, prolly the 16-bits, I'd lean a bit more the the Super Nintendo but Sega had a lot of great shit too. And again, a lot of fond memories with my N64 as well.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:05 am Reply with quote

My best memories are of the Sega Genesis. I haven't owned a gaming system in about five years and I haven't played PC games since Roller Coaster Tycoon, so I can't comment on the latest systems, but it was all downhill from Sonic 2.

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:49 am Reply with quote

I grew up on a clone NES, so naturally, that's what I played the most. My cousin got a Genesis imported from the US with a bunch of games and it was the shit! He got Sonic 2, Ecco the Dolphin, X-Men, Batman Returns, Taz-Mania, Castle of Illusion - mostly pretty good games. And the collection grew quite a bit over the years (I got the set as a hand-me-down and as I too started collecting, the Genesis games I have are about 150 and I've beaten most of them). Nobody I knew as a child owned a SNES.

Now that I've gotten into gaming quite a bit, I'd probably say the NES is my favourite, closely followed by the Genesis, and that's mostly because I have the most experience with those systems. I do like the SNES quite a bit and usually prefer the SNES version of games over Genesis, if there is one (there are some exceptions though).

NES also has a great bunch of games I really enjoy and I wouldn't even say Mario is close to the top of the list.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:45 am Reply with quote

Ahh, the 16-bit War era was awesome!
You mentioned some awesome 16-bit games, RoboFan and RoboPimp! You also noted that the early 1990s was the period of heated competition in console gaming! Everyone in my hometown (except those with really generous parents) had to make a choice between Sega and Super Nintendo. I bought a Sega (layaway at K-Mart). I remember saving up the money. Streets of Rage 2 was the first game I go and my brothers and I played the hell out of it (Still do). I remember a number of my friends had Super Nintendo and there were constant debates at school about which was superior. I played SNES at my cousin's house. He had a lot of the classics. I also remember that I was disappointed that the Sega version of Mortal Kombat was censored, but the SNES was not.
I always wanted to play the Turbo Graffix 16, which was a much less distributed gaming console in the U.S. I never knew anyone that had it, but back then Video Rental Stores (if you don't know what they are, just message me and I will fill you in) used to rent out gaming consoles (for a sizable fee) and one store in my hometown had a Turbo Graffix 16, but the store went out of business so I never got the chance. I was bummed because all my comic books had ads for these games (Splatterhouse, Bonk's Revenge) and they weren't available on the other consoles.
I agree with you that the Nintendo 64 was a very fun console. I remember that my younger brother got one for Christmas one year and I purchased Goldeneye for him as a present. I remember seeing kids playing it in the stores and it seemed so detailed and realistic, miles apart from the 16 bit games. We had a lot of fun on that console. I remember when I bought Starfox 64 and played it for the first time, I was certain that I could play this game forever (which is a quality that is hard to come by in games). I still enjoy digging it out and playing those old games.
I think that I will always love the NES, but there were certainly a wealth of good video games in the history of gaming. Thanks for the memories!

CREDITS 35

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Computer and Videogames All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard