New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Toy Island Robocop figure with life support
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:51 pm Reply with quote

Professor Polecat :
Archive :
Professor Polecat,
what did you think of the alpha commando animated show?
In all honesty? I never watched it at the time I was collecting the figures. My dad had made me edited copies of the movie (he's a real tech wiz) with censored audio and gore cut out so I actually had kid friendly copies of the movies and wasn't aware of alpha commando until after it was cancelled. XD I'm
meh" on it, considering its silly incosistancies and some truly odd writing choices. Its great for kids, but not for anyone older than 12.
That's really cool that he would do that for you. It must have been some shock for you to see them fully uncut with all the good adult bits! Laughing

Welcome to the Archive Prof. Polecat! Great to have you Smile

RB 18145

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:22 am Reply with quote

Professor Polecat :
On a side note, I want to say that i'm a hardcore fan of the original Robocop films but I thought the most recent one (the so called "remake") a fantastic SIDE STORY IN THE SAME FRANCHISE. Stop looking at it as a remake and see it as just another story under the Robocop brand, and I guarantee you'll like the film a lot more.

Unfortunately that's what it is though - A remake. Or 'reinvention' as has also been called. That said, the outlook of making it a 'side-story' really isn't one that holds water with me, nor does it really make the film itself more enjoyable. But that discussion is indeed neither here nor there in regards to this topic.

Anyway, I'm not big on Alpha Commando myself but that is a neat playset of stuff I must say. Cool info and tales there, Polecat. And a formal welcome to the Archive from me as well. Wink

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Professor Polecat
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:25 am Reply with quote

Paddy :
Professor Polecat :
Archive :
Professor Polecat,
what did you think of the alpha commando animated show?
In all honesty? I never watched it at the time I was collecting the figures. My dad had made me edited copies of the movie (he's a real tech wiz) with censored audio and gore cut out so I actually had kid friendly copies of the movies and wasn't aware of alpha commando until after it was cancelled. XD I'm
meh" on it, considering its silly incosistancies and some truly odd writing choices. Its great for kids, but not for anyone older than 12.
That's really cool that he would do that for you. It must have been some shock for you to see them fully uncut with all the good adult bits! Laughing

Welcome to the Archive Prof. Polecat! Great to have you Smile
Surprisingly it was mostly intact. I went back and compared it to the full thing and the only huge differences were he shortened ed 209's first scene to about only a second of Mr Kinney getting shot then everyone panicking. Murphy's death was changed by having the screen pause on Lewis' face and the audio continued to play making it obvious what was happening, but just off screen. Emil's death was entirely intact though since it was more rediculous than it was bloody. Any bad language was just muted. If I remember correctly in all it was shortened by only about 2-3 minutes, in addition to what was missing from the version they aired on tv (he used that one since it was already pretty edited).

RB 47

RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:55 am Reply with quote

When I saw the title to this post I thought it was going to be a figure of Robocop in pieces from Robocop 2. That would have been way cool. This Alpha Commando set is even better. I am very jealous. I had some of the Robocop toys, the coolest one I had was the Robocop Police Car. Sadly, I only had one villain figure, so he got his ass kicked very often.

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:28 am Reply with quote

This was the only Alpha Commando toy I owned. Most of my stuff was, and still is, Ultra Police.

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard