New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Splatter House (1,2,3)?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:03 am Reply with quote

Splatterhouse is a great game! Rick might as well be Jason Voorhies. I thought I remember hearing that Jason was the inspiration for the character Rick. Nothing more fun than going around and punching stuff to a bloody pulp.

CREDITS 35

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:15 am Reply with quote

Now THAT's an old topic to revive...

I played the original arcade through MAME, but never had the patience to sit down and beat it. It seemed decent enough though.

Later on, I got both parts 2 and 3 for the Genesis and they weren't bad at all. The second game was a bit too tough at times and had a few places which felt quite repetitive, but I beat it without having any too major problems. It's an enjoyable game to play from time to time.

Part 3 changed things up a bit with the whole beat 'em up/exploration thing. It suffers from lack of enemy variants, I'd say, but it's also a pretty neat game with all the different endings and easter eggs you can find within the house (I still remember that piano girl...). I thought it was the easiest of the bunch and got the best ending too.
The cutscenes in this are also pretty cool. There's a shot of Rick's wife, Jennifer, turning around which almost seems like an FMV fitted into the cartridge, which is quite impressive.

The remake I only played for a little while. Besdies cranking up the gore, it also put in quite a bit of nudity too. The action seemed hectic and fun for the most part, but there were some puzzles, which were mostly obstructed by the controls. The side-scrolling sections were faster paced than the classic games, but the controls, like I said, weren't 100% responsive.
I loved however Jim Cummings as the voice of the mask.

CREDITS 2802

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:32 pm Reply with quote

I don't think I ever played the remake. I must check that out. Thanks for the review Fan!

CREDITS 35

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Computer and Videogames All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard