New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Terminator Genisys (2015)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:45 am Reply with quote

RoboJOF :

I would say that the best remake I have seen in a while was The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The Robocop remake was good too, but like Genisys, it didn't match the mood of the other films.

As long as we count "Mad Max: Fury Road" as a sequel and not a reboot, reimagining or whatever, I'll have to agree. TMNT did the best of the bunch. And coming from me, that's saying A LOT since I was prepared to really dish on that movie.

The problem with Genisys is that it threw the screen away halfway through the movie. It tried for a little bit in the beginning and then it all just went downhill to the point where even the writers stopped caring.

RoboCop TRIED. It wanted to be something decent, it worked in some ways, failed miserably in others. I appreciate it tried to do something relatively different, problem is it didn't do it very well. I actually enjoyed it on my first viewing, probably because I had my expectations set pretty low. On a second viewing though, it wasn't nearly as good.

Both RoboCop and Terminator had poor casting choices in my opinion. While it was great seeing Arnie back and Michael Keaton and Gary Oldman were enjoyable in Rebootcop, the rest of the cast felt really out of place. I never liked Joel Kinnaman as a choice and when the movie came out, I was really disappointed by both his acting and the way his character was written.

TMNT however... actually did plenty of things right. While I definitely would've liked someone else as April instead of Megan Fox, and while I wasn't a fan of the Turtles' designs (I think Leo and Donnie turned out the best), considering the ammount of backlash there was against this movie and all the reshoots... it turned out MUCH better than expected. It nailed the Turtles' personalities, for the most part (a couple of "dirty" lines from Mikey bothered me), it had neat action scenes and some of the humor was spot on. A bit of fan-service here and there too. Yes, the villains' plot was pretty dumb, but as much as I love the original flicks - it's not like the villains had some great scheme in those either. I really enjoyed FINALLY getting a proper scene of the Turtles fighting Shredder and, believe it or not, I'm really looking forward to the sequel, mostly because from what I've seen so far, they are trying to rectify a lot of the first movie's mistakes.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard