New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Favorite RoboCop villain and why??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Ponteral
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Dead or alive, you're coming with me.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:33 am Reply with quote

For me is definitely Clarence. He is smart and repulsive bastard, But that's why I love him. I think that Michael Miner and Ed Neumeier wrote fantastic character. When you watch Clarence, you hate him, but in the same time you love him. That's the point. I think that R1 has big advantage in the fact, that it has charismatic villains. It's not only Clarence, but Emil, Leon is very good character too, Joe.. I like Joe too, because, when he is laughing it makes me laughing too, He has unrivaled laugh. Also Dick Jones is a clever bastard too. Smile

RB 819

auto9 dvd-20th
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:15 am Reply with quote

Ponteral :
When you watch Clarence, you hate him, but in the same time you love him. That's the point.

I agree. Clarence is a guy you´d like to kill if you´re the "good boy" and he´d be a drinking pal or something like that if you´re a "friendly baddie". He´s a cold-blooded killer, but he´s charismatic. He´s my favourite too.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Ponteral
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Dead or alive, you're coming with me.

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:29 am Reply with quote

Yeah! And it's fascinating how is he enjoing killing Very Happy And another thing, which made his character is how he cashed out Bobby in the Van. That's the mark of Boss Villiain. Also, Kurtwood Smith did amazing job in acting this bastard. Smile I think that most of the RoboCop fans love Clarence character. Smile

RB 819

auto9 dvd-20th
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote

Ponteral :
For me is definitely Clarence. He is smart and repulsive bastard, But that's why I love him. I think that Michael Miner and Ed Neumeier wrote fantastic character.

Well, partial credit goes to them for creating the character, but I think the guiding force behind Clarence is Verhoeven. He already had in mind how he should look like, he casted Smith and gave him glasses and guided him on the character. I think its one of those instances where the actor and director really made the character

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
kinserfan11
O-L3

O-L3

TEAM EDWARD

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote

RoboCable from Prime Directives because they fought a few times; made up as friends and then fought again and finally Cable sacrificed himself for the ACity and World and Robocop was left to tend the city Very Happy

RB 241

game-xbox
robodisciple
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:08 pm Reply with quote

Boddicker without a doubt! He's so ruthless and violent! Plus he has access to any of ocp's weaponry from the help of ole Dick Jones. I mean boddicker killed murphy and then murphy becomes robo! He's part of the reason why Robocop exists!

RB 115

game-xbox
Silicon Knight
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:22 pm Reply with quote

One thing I really loved about Clarence Boddicker was that Kurtwood Smith doesn't exactly look like your typical hard-ass movie villain (compared to actors like, say, Chazz Palminteri, Robert Davi, Jeroen Krabbé, Brion James etc) When I first saw the movie as a kid, I thought that he looked more like a school teacher than a criminal. Then came Murphy's torture scene... It was this contradiction, his "friendly" and "sophisticated" (glasses et al) look, with his totally brutal actions that made him even more terrifying compared to, say, an actor like Clancy Brown playing the role.

RB 248

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:08 pm Reply with quote

Boddicker is a bastard, but he's an awesome bastard. He mad and insane and is nicely smug. Like that one scene when he's torturing Bob, he doesn't give a shit throughout and plays it like a badass. He did kind of deserve what's coming to him, but he was so good.

My second choice would have to be RoboCain, he was twice as strong as Murphy and he had some pretty kickass guns. Sure the movie wasn't all that great, but I thought he was worth checking out.

Third choice has to be ED-209, I mean that thing has no remorse, it can blast the shoot out of anyone who looks like Mr. Kinney with giant machine guns and rocket launchers...although I wouldn't own one myself, I'd be worried if it malfunctioned (it usually does tongue), but it still looks pretty kick-ass.

I didn't pick Otomo because 1. RoboCop 3 was a piece of shit; and 2. I don't care if he's a RoboNinja, he's not cool, he's just dumb.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote

Silicon Knight :
One thing I really loved about Clarence Boddicker was that Kurtwood Smith doesn't exactly look like your typical hard-ass movie villain (compared to actors like, say, Chazz Palminteri, Robert Davi, Jeroen Krabbé, Brion James etc) When I first saw the movie as a kid, I thought that he looked more like a school teacher than a criminal. Then came Murphy's torture scene... It was this contradiction, his "friendly" and "sophisticated" (glasses et al) look, with his totally brutal actions that made him even more terrifying compared to, say, an actor like Clancy Brown playing the role.

That's right, and that's one of many elements that make the movie so real, so real-everyday-life, so visceral. Villains don't look like villains, theyre everyday people (from outside)

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:20 am Reply with quote

Pudface Morgan.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:25 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Pudface Morgan.

Pudface rocks!

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:23 pm Reply with quote

I like them all but Hob is my fave.

More than him , it's what he represents, he is the product of a society wich had lost most of its values (like right now).

I loved how Ebert got pissed off because Hob was evil and mouthful.
Like a kid couldn't end up being like Hob.

And he dies, it takes some balls in Hollyweird to involve this sort of character.

RB 1199

game-xbox
gez1967
drop it . dead or alive your coming with me

L-L3

Comment: looking for me

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:53 pm Reply with quote

Clarence Boddicker all day long for me , thinks you guys have said it all , he just so bad arrss , with movies off today where like him

RB 1158

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:48 am Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
RoboPimp :
Pudface Morgan.

Pudface rocks!

I have to agree, Pudface was actually pretty good, even great for what he was (that said, he's not my absolute favorite of course, but to each their own). If nothing else he's certainly as much of a post-toxified Emil as we'll ever get.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard