New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Tom Whalen Art Robocop and more!

RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:56 am Reply with quote

Has anyone seen the Tom Whalen Robocop and ED 209 prints?
These are really awesome. Tom Whalen has done numerous limited printings of several iconic characters from movies, TV, and cartoons. I saw a couple up close at Comic-Con a year ago. Enjoy!

http://media2.firstshowing.net/firstshowing/img7/robocop-mondo-whalen-full.jpg
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/42/9f/f2429f3819f5e2dd31d741aea9cfe0e3.jpg

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:19 am Reply with quote

These are both great, but I think I would go for the ED-209 one first. Are these still available for sale or were they only sold at conventions and such?

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:59 am Reply with quote

The one with ED is fantastic Smile

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:27 pm Reply with quote

For some reason I think we might have seen these before, if not something similar at least.

That said, great stuff - I too prefer the ED a bit more ED but both are awesome. Smile

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:32 am Reply with quote

I have seen them at various comic-cons being sold by art vendors. In 2013, the artist was at the show I attended, so he had a lot of them. Some were a limited print, so there may only be so many available (for now). I have seen them on ebay and amazon for a bit more than the Comic-Con price (somewhere between $40 and $75), but considering the rarity, the typical selling price of around $100 is not too bad (many are signed and individually hand numbered, which makes them more valuable). I was looking online and there are a whole bunch from different tv and movie franchises (the Back to the Future, Terminator, Transformers G1 Cartoons are all awesome. He also has done a bunch of Universal monster prints, which are all cool, too).
You gotta appreciate the folks out there who are creative and artistic like that!

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Superquad7
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:02 am Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
The one with ED is fantastic Smile

Agreed. It's really striking!

RB 549

Scratch Card
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Fan creations All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard