New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Would a RvT work?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

TJ LAZER
R-L1

R-L1

Comment: TONIGHT 8pm

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:20 pm Reply with quote

on paper its an excellent idea - but Hollywood has a proven track record of fucking things up royally in this department - alien vs predator 1 = just about passable , alien vs predator 2 = shite - freddy vs jason = boring erm...... cant think of any others maybe it could work as long as a director who had at least seen and enjoyed a robocop and terminator film was given the chance - alas this would not happen - someone who doesn't give a crap always gets the job -- who cares if it works or not ----> the fans not the studios

RB 27

Philip17
And the Masters of the Universe

L-L2

Comment: Its a good day to die!

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:10 pm Reply with quote

TJ LAZER :
who cares if it works or not ----> the fans not the studios

Iīll buy that for a dolar!!!

It is true that the studios donīt care if the fans like it or not.... somehow... they just donīt care anymore Neutral

When duty calls; you pay the price!
Join today!

RB 537

sgt-reed Masters-Skeletor Masters-Sword SW-Imperial
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:56 pm Reply with quote

Personally i think the train kinda left the station for this kind of film. It was a cool idea back when Weller and Arnold could still reprise their roles but nowadays it just wouldn't be the same. I can accept someone else as RoboCop but THE Terminator will always be Arnold.

A full on CGI movie would work, but not necessarily what we really want.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:43 pm Reply with quote

Terminator and Robocop recent films had a disappointing box-office run. The idea of a mash up is now even more dead than before. For Robo we have the complex issue of how he should look from now on. Arnold is done with Terminator, Genysis was a good concept but didn't work at all as a movie.

An animated film like "The Dark Knight Returns" adapting Frank Miller's RvsT comic would be the best option in my opinion, I cannot see a live film working anymore (if it ever was a good idea, which I doubt now). Actually, animated Robo films following some of the old comics (marvel, dark horse, etc.) would be a nice addition to the franchise.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:20 am Reply with quote

Only a video game adaptation of RoboCop Vs The Terminator would work.

If you look at Alien Vs Predator, the idea sounds good if you adapted it as a video game, which is why there have been several games based on it, some were good and others weren't. When it turned into a feature-length movie a few years ago, it didn't turn out so well, it just ended up having a silly plot.

Now the idea of RvT sounds a bit silly, but if you put it in the right environment, like in a comic book or a video game, it works better that way. No one's going to watch it as a movie because the budget would be too expensive and the audience would be turned off by how goofy the plot is.

But that's just how I feel on the subject.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:02 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Personally i think the train kinda left the station for this kind of film. It was a cool idea back when Weller and Arnold could still reprise their roles but nowadays it just wouldn't be the same.

I agree with Archive that it would have been best back in the day with Weller and Arnie in their prime and in the moment of the films original success with real gritty bloody action as that is what people would be willing to pay to watch and what film makers are struggling to do with remakes, in my opinion.

I think AvP didn't have a storyline of substance to get immerssed in, whilst I do really like Frank Millers R vT as that does further develop Robo's character and I believe would make great movie viewing.

If we don't ever get an RvT I can live with that. I've always secretly wanted Robo to have his own success without joining in with Terminator haha!

RB 4892

Ed-260
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:03 pm Reply with quote

Also the failure of both new RoboCop and Terminator movies unfortunately show that the interest isn't really what it was for these kind of "robot" movies.

At the moment people just want hunger game and super hero type movies.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:15 am Reply with quote

They tried to make Robo look like a superhero in the remake, but it didn't work.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard