New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

DAREDEVIL (Netflix)

AlexRobo
O-L3

O-L3

Comment: "You gotta ask yourself one question, ED209, do you feel lucky?"

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:18 am Reply with quote

Has anybody seen this? I think I'm going to wait for a DVD/blu-ray release, but from what I've heard, it's an excellent adaptation of a Marvel comics character, it's very gritty and character-driven and it's a lot better than previous incarnations (The Trial Of The Incredible Hulk in '89 and Ben Affleck's 2003 cinema version).

CREDITS 254

alex-murphy game-xbox
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:27 pm Reply with quote

Pretty damn good series, in my opinion. To me, the best thing Marvel did with actors. Can´t wait to a DVD edition of the series.

CREDITS 102

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:55 pm Reply with quote

Overall very, very good. The slow pacing really worked in favor to telling the story right.

I'm not gonna go into any spoilers here, but as a fan of the comic there were some decisions here and there I really disliked, so it's not perfect, but a VERY entertaining series still.

CREDITS 396

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:37 pm Reply with quote

While I enjoyed it a lot, the show is not without its flaws. The Kingpin, for example, does not seem like much of a kingpin at all. They humanize him, which is fine, but we never get to see him as a total badass in control of an untouchable empire. Additionally, the Foggy Nelson / Karen Page subplot drags on and distracts from what we really want to see. Really, the series is pretty slow and reminds me of Arrow in many respects, though I did like it a little bit more than Arrow. I personally would have preferred more than one villain. Like, a lot more than one. The first episode starts with a guy in a suit, who turns out to be the Kingpin's assistant, but I thought he was the Purple Man at first and got really excited. Basically the show is a 12 episode prequel and one episode of Daredevil. While many didn't like the movie, it does a lot more in much shorter time, and I like the costume much, much better in the movie. But that's just me. I still liked a lot about the series, such as the episode with Stick which is ripped right out of Frank Miller's The Man Without Fear, and I thought all of the actors did a really good job with their part. After the last episode I felt the series had just truly began and I was hungry for more, so I guess it did a good job in that respect. Still, there are a few things they have to smooth out for next season, mainly the costume and pacing, and it will be the best superhero show of all time.

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:54 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
While many didn't like the movie, it does a lot more in much shorter time, and I like the costume much, much better in the movie.

I prefer the movie suit also. The TV show suit looks... strange.

I was disappointed when I saw images of it and seeing it in motion didn't help as it still looked more silly than bad ass unfortunately. I really hope they will re-design it for season 2.

CREDITS 396

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:32 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
I'm not gonna go into any spoilers here, but as a fan of the comic there were some decisions here and there I really disliked

I think I know what I mean, and I think I agree with you on that.

RoboPimp :
After the last episode I felt the series had just truly began and I was hungry for more, so I guess it did a good job in that respect. Still, there are a few things they have to smooth out for next season, mainly the costume and pacing, and it will be the best superhero show of all time.

Yes, it looked like "Daredevil Begins", and at the end I think anyone want this to keep going. As for the suit itself, don´t have a big problem with that. I think the film/tv makers are afraid to try something more "comic-booky", but watching the redesigns on other popular characters, kinda fits. Looks worse on stills than on film. I´d cut out the latex nose to give it a more classic look.

CREDITS 102

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:29 pm Reply with quote

Elektra and the Punisher have both been confirmed for season 2, so it looks like this series is headed in the right direction. Season 1 was a good origin story, but it looks like season 2 will be the Daredevil show that I really wanted all along.

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:55 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Elektra and the Punisher have both been confirmed for season 2, so it looks like this series is headed in the right direction. Season 1 was a good origin story, but it looks like season 2 will be the Daredevil show that I really wanted all along.

Yep. I hope they´ll handle them well and have enough screentime to develop the characters. I´m still waiting for news about a Season 1 DVD release.

CREDITS 102

AlexRobo
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:00 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Yep. I hope they´ll handle them well and have enough screentime to develop the characters. I´m still waiting for news about a Season 1 DVD release.

The good news is that it's coming out tomorrow in the UK on both blu-ray and DVD.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvels-Daredevil-DVD-Charlie-Cox/dp/B01HQ0C2AC/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1475427531&sr=1-2&keywords=daredevil+season+1

CREDITS 254

alex-murphy game-xbox
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:19 pm Reply with quote

AlexRobo :
The good news is that it's coming out tomorrow in the UK on both blu-ray and DVD.

Yes, I know. I think that´d be the only way to get it. It´s a Free Region Blu Ray or DVD, and there are rumors that the series will be available on France or Germany on X-Mas.

I´ll try to get the UK Blu Ray pack soon.

CREDITS 102

AlexRobo
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:31 pm Reply with quote

Me too. I've been thinking about watching a Daredevil marathon, starting with the Ben Affleck movie then season 1.

CREDITS 254

alex-murphy game-xbox
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:53 pm Reply with quote

I´m curious about the bonus features. I hope they´ll include some, as some recent editions of movies or series didn´t bother with those.

EDIT: No extras. So maybe I´ll wait to see if they´ll include something more with the other editions.

CREDITS 102

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard