New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Casper Van Dien on a Starship Troopers remake

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:55 pm Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1RKvG1Rz_A

Interesting opinions on Verhoeven and Neumeier, he is almost lobbying to bring them back to Hollywood Laughing

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:00 pm Reply with quote

No special news, we already knew how great Verhoeven and Neumeier were tongue It´s too bad they don´t do a lot right now.

But wait a minute, did Casper say Sony is working on RebootCop 2 because it did well in China? oh dear

CREDITS 102

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:08 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
But wait a minute, did Casper say Sony is working on RebootCop 2 because it did well in China? oh dear

Yeah, that caught me by surprise and i had to listen to it again to make sure i heard it right. (It's at 7:19 in the video. )

Does Casper know something we don't? There's been no talk, rumour or gossip about a sequel. Then again, he is best buds with Ed Neumeier so maybe Ed knows more?

CREDITS 396

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:47 pm Reply with quote

Well, I personally didn't know how close Casper was to Ed. He also confirms something we know, that Neumeier and Verhoeven are still very close friends to this day (they may be talking right now he says). It's an interesting love triangle...!

When I pasted the link I forgot the robomake 2 mention. To be honest I disregarded it as bad/old information from Casper, he says it as if it was common knowledge, which is not at all. But as you well point out, since he is so close to Ed it's weird that he would be so misinformed about such a topic. Hmm...

Btw, as a curiosity, I always thought Casper would "look" great as Robo, he has a perfect jaw as it can be seen in Starship Troopers when he wears a helmet. Unfortunately I don't have a big opinion on his acting skills...

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:36 pm Reply with quote

Add the quote from Verhoeven in September and I don't know what to believe.

Quote:
"But I just heard that MGM was thinking of picking up the ideas that we were working on in ’87 (Laughs). I don’t know if they’ll do it, but they are talking about it."

CREDITS 396

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:39 pm Reply with quote

Verhoeven mentioned, in a Collider interview for 'Elle', about Sony(?) or whichever studio talking about doing something with the Corporate Wars script. I thought that interview was posted here. If not I'll try and find the link.

CREDITS 198

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:53 pm Reply with quote

Archive :

Quote:
"But I just heard that MGM was thinking of picking up the ideas that we were working on in ’87 (Laughs). I don’t know if they’ll do it, but they are talking about it."

oooh!

what was the Verhoeven interview?

Wish I had sound at work to listen to the Rebootcop reference. Or was that snippet all it was?

CREDITS 746

Ed-260
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:45 am Reply with quote

Edd 209 :
Archive :

Quote:

oooh!

what was the Verhoeven interview?

Wish I had sound at work to listen to the Rebootcop reference. Or was that snippet all it was?

http://collider.com/paul-verhoeven-elle-robocop-reboot-interview/

CREDITS 198

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:26 am Reply with quote

Thanks POCOBOR! All interesting tidbits...

CREDITS 746

Ed-260
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:13 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
Btw, as a curiosity, I always thought Casper would "look" great as Robo, he has a perfect jaw as it can be seen in Starship Troopers when he wears a helmet. Unfortunately I don't have a big opinion on his acting skills...

I agree with you. When the first posters of Starship Troopers came out, I thought his face reminds me of Robo´s face as well. As for the acting, that´s other thing tongue

Archive :

Yeah, Verhoeven´s quote came to my mind as well when I saw this. The greatest idea ever would be putting Verhoeven, Neumeier & Miner as director and screenwriters and do a polished version of Corporate Wars (with good old fashioned Robo instead of the rubber one), but I doubt Sony would think the same.

CREDITS 102

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:39 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
The greatest idea ever would be putting Verhoeven, Neumeier & Miner as director and screenwriters and do a polished version of Corporate Wars (with good old fashioned Robo instead of the rubber one), but I doubt Sony would think the same.

Totally seconded on this. Hell I might not even mind seeing that with RemakeCop.. Maybe. tongue

And, well, pretty much concur on all the other points also - I too agree Van Dien has a great face structure for Robo. I agree the rest of him may leave some to be desired but, eh, might be salvageable.. Lol.

I also agree the man seems quite the promo-man for ol' Verhoeven and Neumeier - Understandable though. And not like I'm complaining, either.. Smile

That said, I too find that remark n the clip intriguing.. I still rather doubt there's anything to it but maybes there's something else going on.. Especially given that other piece with Paul. Bah, who knows?

All-told, neat and cool find, much thanks for that.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:59 am Reply with quote

Corporate Wars would be good fan service, but the script posted awhile back would need to be a bit more Robo centric for me.

I'd be happy to see RebootCop again - more silver suit though!

CREDITS 746

Ed-260
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:00 am Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
The greatest idea ever would be putting Verhoeven, Neumeier & Miner as director and screenwriters and do a polished version of Corporate Wars (with good old fashioned Robo instead of the rubber one), but I doubt Sony would think the same.

I'd have to disagree. Though I didn't read through the full Corporate Wars script, it did not appear to be the true Robocop opus we want it to be. Plus, elements of it have been used many times throughout Robocop's history. It is almost 30 years old so they would have to rehaul it extensively to be relevant but it would be predictable at its core. I'd just rather see something fresh. Especially if you got the old gang back together, do you really want them to just pick up where they left 30 years ago? I'd rather see them come up with a new story. If you've got the dream team you should shoot for the stars, I say. Something more inspired by the contemporary world. Technology has evolved so much since then that we are basically living in the future Robocop predicted. So I say they need to take the character and come up with a whole new take on it. I am still a fan of the Robocop wakes up after being in storage for 30 years kind of thing, where the story have moved along in real time like they are doing with the upcoming Twin Peaks series, among other things. But I just feel there is more potential than just taking the old idea and polishing it. Sure, that was the original OG sequel but sadly its time is done. So instead let them ring in a new era of Robocop, so that he may be reborn once again!

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:20 pm Reply with quote

[quote="RoboPimp"]
ChAnOoD :
Though I didn't read through the full Corporate Wars script, it did not appear to be the true Robocop opus we want it to be. Plus, elements of it have been used many times throughout Robocop's history. It is almost 30 years old so they would have to rehaul it extensively to be relevant but it would be predictable at its core. I'd just rather see something fresh.

Well, something fresh with the old gang would be nice, but it seems Sony is reading "Corporate Wars", according to Verhoeven. So, instead of having Padilha and company doing it, I´d like to see the old chums coming back to write and direct it. Also, CW is a LOT different from the previous Robo-incarnations, in a good and bad way, so at least we wouldn´t have a bland RebootCop sequel tongue

CREDITS 102

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard