New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop Statue in Detroit

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    INDEX -> General Robo Discussion
Dr. 2-1B
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:26 pm Reply with quote

Hey, I'm from the Detroit area and I was one of the early contributors to the Robocop statue kickstarter about 5 years ago. I'm assuming the statue is still in queue to be released (as I read something in the Detroit Free Press about it around 8- months ago).... but I was wondering....

Are there any board members who are in the Detroit region who plan on being at the presentation (whenver they do finally erect the dang thing)?

RB 684

RoboBadge
Dr. 2-1B
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:22 am Reply with quote

Apparently not?

RB 684

RoboBadge
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:03 am Reply with quote

Lol, give it a bit - not everyone checks this joint erry day like me. (Though they should. tongue)

That said, other than you I don't know of any members who actually live in let alone anywhere really near Detroit. Best I can figure would be Sean (who I believe is in Pittsburgh) and Dash (assuming he still lives in/around Toronto) - They would be the closest, though neither of those I would exactly call 'nearby'.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:21 am Reply with quote

Will they do something with it this year? 2017 is RoboCopīs 30 anniversary, and after 5 years we should have any "clear" news about the status.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Dr. 2-1B
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:52 am Reply with quote

Thanks Stan, I guess that makes sense. I don't know why I thought there would be more Robocop fans from the Detroit area on this board? Oh well, perhaps I will be the first to post a picture of the statue when they finally do get it up.

ChAnOoD, since posting this the other day, I heard that they were NOT going to get up for the 30th anniv.

If they drop the ball altogether, I guess I wou;ldn't be surprised as I have seen so many kickstarters fail!

Looking back, the character of Robocop is so antiquated, I don't doubt that many people under the age of 25 have no idea who he is anyways....regardless of the 2014 incarnation.

RB 684

RoboBadge
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:11 am Reply with quote

Dr. 2-1B :
ChAnOoD, since posting this the other day, I heard that they were NOT going to get up for the 30th anniv.

Do you have a source/quote for that?

Now, I wouldn't even begin to imagine the troubles and work it takes to make this statue but it has taken so many years that most people have forgotten about it ever existing or they have giving up the possibility of it ever getting completed.

I think missing the 30th anniversary is a HUGE miss. It would have given them the big publicity that now whenever, if ever, it gets completed has the chance of just being a short note on the web.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Dr. 2-1B
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:54 pm Reply with quote

Man, Archive.....I just spent the last 30 minutes looking for where I originally read that.

I cannot find it. Ugh. So, take my words with a grain of salt. I swear I saw it on a clickondetroit.com (Channel 4 Detroit) report, but now I must be imaging things because I have found nothing on their site.

Yes, I agree: missing the 30th would be a big fumble on behalf of the organizers. The progress pics make me think they must be nearing completion, but what do I know?

I just worry that the release and/or failed release of the statue will merely bring more ire to the city. Crying or Very sad

RB 684

RoboBadge
BIONICS BOB
O-L5*

O-L5*

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:41 am Reply with quote

http://detroit.curbed.com/2017/2/14/14609012/robocop-statue-detroit-update

RB 420

comic3-robocop game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:02 am Reply with quote

There's already a long-standing topic on this, including the recent update -
http://www.robocoparchive.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2375

But yes, we have an actual update for the first time in a long time, and it's good to actually see the thing finally taking coppery shape and proceeding onward. Perhaps they might make the 30th after all. It'd be close, but still.. Smile

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
BIONICS BOB
O-L5*

O-L5*

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:39 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
There's already a long-standing topic on this, including the recent update -
http://www.robocoparchive.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2375

But yes, we have an actual update for the first time in a long time, and it's good to actually see the thing finally taking coppery shape and proceeding onward. Perhaps they might make the 30th after all. It'd be close, but still.. Smile

Oh, my bad

RB 420

comic3-robocop game-xbox
DontSwingArms
Clearly not important

R-L5

Comment: "Approved and wanted by no one ever"~Peter Weller on the subject of my existence

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:16 pm Reply with quote

hopefully this gets finished, its great stuff. love to see just a giant statue in a city like this and looks to be of good quality.

RB 132

AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:07 am Reply with quote

I honestly forgot this thing even existed. They didn't unveil it when the remake came out, and looks like they're going to miss the 30th! I'll be damned if it actually does someday...

RB 853

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard