New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

I Found a Custom RoboCop 4k Remastered Blu ray cover

ROBOCONE
R-L5

R-L5

Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:26 pm Reply with quote

i was looking around on the web, i found this credit goes to niteowl94. --------note i could not resize this.-----------

RB 215

Slash Man
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Stay out of trouble.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:18 pm Reply with quote

This is beautiful. No unnecessary filters or effects, just let the original art speak for itself. In fact, I don't know why it became trendy to try to outdo the original. In some cases, we even see companies try to recreate the original theatrical artwork... like, wouldn't it be easier to just use the original artwork? It also seems out of place when a touched up cover does not represent the era the movie is from. Either way, nice find on that.

RB 730

hamburger
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:07 am Reply with quote

I think it would be better with some kind of mixed-image collage or something on the back cover rather than that plain blue background. Some kind of background image maybe even blurred a wee bit.. perhaps the gas station explosion, or the wide shot of Detroit or something.. That blue is just a bit too plain, and screamingly so..

but otherwise I agree this is simple and clean, certainly a refreshing change from all the overdone and often garish cover art we've seen over the years. That shot of him stepping out of the car is iconic, don't see anything that has yet improved on it. I've seen some other covers, usually fan-made, that will work in its stead, but you really just can't beat what has always worked so well.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
ROBOCONE
R-L5

R-L5

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:58 am Reply with quote

we need to open a custom cover archive, as a way have a way to replace DVD and blu-ray covers.

RB 215

Slash Man
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Stay out of trouble.

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:58 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
I think it would be better with some kind of mixed-image collage or something on the back cover rather than that plain blue background. Some kind of background image maybe even blurred a wee bit.. perhaps the gas station explosion, or the wide shot of Detroit or something.. That blue is just a bit too plain, and screamingly so..

The flat blue is very... VHS-esque (specifically, from the 80s). Works for nostalgia, but for something more aesthetic, I'd say just make it black. It'd look better with the poster art.

RB 730

hamburger
ROBOCONE
R-L5

R-L5

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:31 pm Reply with quote

I can't get this uploaded to r1db one mod is not letting it pass through. (update starting to get real upset over this) (update 2 it got uploaded its all good in the hood)

RB 215

Superquad7
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:01 am Reply with quote

I'd like to see the front cover without the leg cut off/full artwork shown. Aside from that, this is what we need.

Thanks for sharing!

RB 549

Scratch Card
AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:56 am Reply with quote

Superquad7 :
I'd like to see the front cover without the leg cut off/full artwork shown.

Would be a little difficult given the dimensions of the blu-ray cover compared to the poster art. Something's gonna get cut off, or shrunken down.

RB 853

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
Superquad7
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:10 pm Reply with quote

AlexMurphy :
Superquad7 :
I'd like to see the front cover without the leg cut off/full artwork shown.

Would be a little difficult given the dimensions of the blu-ray cover compared to the poster art. Something's gonna get cut off, or shrunken down.

I'm not opposed to it being scaled down some.

RB 549

Scratch Card
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Fan creations All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard