New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Dark Horse's RoboCop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:11 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
I finally got around to buying it online and while it was an interesting tale it felt incomplete. I think John Arcudi planned on continuing the story, which was already a continuation of Prime Directives, but never got the chance to. The mystery is left unresolved. This would have been a great start for an ongoing series as I do think Arduci's take on Robo as a character is great. I also would have liked to see more about the stolen ED-209's that are popping up on the streets. While it looks like Dark Horse cut Robo off a little too soon, he did have a good run there for sure.

That's well said, Pimp. Much as I like Roulette I do think feel like it was just the start of a saga that never got to soar on.. I would have liked to see it continue forward into something more, too. Oh well.

As for the art, I think Roulette has some of the better stuff in the DH run.. It's not excellent but it works well and doesn't take too many liberties. Balanced, like much of DH's stuff, as said.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:38 am Reply with quote

Thats It Buster! :

Does anyone know how this series is perceived by Terminator fans? I cant imagine they really enjoyed having another character from a different franchise destroy theirs.

You know, Im a huge Terminator fan as well, but Ive never heard any fan mentioning it ever. Even Jim Cameron's fansite that has some connection to him doesnt list it in their Terminator comics (http://www.jamescamerononline.com/T1printed.htm), then again, they didnt list any other crossovers either.

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
NOF
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: Who told you how?

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:00 am Reply with quote

I've always thought the Dark Horse comics were the only ones where Murphy was given sufficient respect and suitable story lines from people who had an understanding of what makes the character.

Prime Suspect is a fantastic read, as is RvsT. Roulette was cool as was Mortal Coils.

RB 534

comic2-robocop game-xbox arcade2-robocop2 Doom robocop3-fanboy
NOF
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: Who told you how?

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:35 am Reply with quote

It's a shame the DH collection never came out, as they done other omnibus collections for the likes of Barb Wire, Terminator and Star Wars.

One query about RVsT:

what was the point of going back and killing Robo, considering Cyberdyne Systems were already ahead on Skynet?

RB 534

comic2-robocop game-xbox arcade2-robocop2 Doom robocop3-fanboy
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:32 am Reply with quote

NOF :
what was the point of going back and killing Robo, considering Cyberdyne Systems were already ahead on Skynet?

They quasi-retconned the Terminator timeline/lore with some bullshit about how RoboCop's breakthrough and how he 'works' was the 'missing link' needed to creating the neural net tech to give SkyNet proper operation and ultimately sentience. It's never really elaborated on much.

(Heh I now have a crazy image of a Terminator version of 'failed prototypes', with them uploading prototype SkyNets only to have them decide to kill themselves lol.)

Anyhoo I agree it's a shame they never did a collection for Robo. Always getting the short end when it comes to these things. Bah.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard