New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Murphy's face.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Ex-Machino
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:59 pm Reply with quote

Nika Silwerra :
Armor :
But of course the logic doesn't lead itself to make this true as there's too many problems inherent to keeping the tissue alive with blood flow

Hey, but as we have had chance to see ( in the PD ) Robocop has except of other liquids also "blood" in his body . Wink In the R1 has been said that he needs also some simple food, yep baby food to keeping his live tissues alive. So I bet that his brain does not is the only one live "tissue".

I think, whole the matter that Robocop has a metal skull started with the Terminators era .

Almost everyone who is not too big fan of Robocop or Terminator think that Robocop is a robot totally similar to the Terminator, with a metal skull and etc . And you know, we have here the Marcus and now many of the fans mainly the younger fans think that every one cyborg including a Robocop should look like the Marcus, of course i think his internal metal parts also the his metal skull :roll: oh dear

hi there I have to agree with you on this one, people that aren´t hardcore robofans are more interested in the theory of him being completely artificial whereas fans like us, want to believe there is still more human components left inside his metallic armour

RB 87

game-xbox
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:43 pm Reply with quote

Before discovering these forums I always got the feeling Robo in R1 looks very cool from outside, but inside it must be like a horror movie, with a lot of mechanical parts and some living ones coexisting. His helmetless skull is only a hint of what must be going on inside.

When they say they saved an arm I always wondered to what was that arm attached, it should be to his human torso right? However the Robomake developed the idea of just a human hand attached to a robotic arm, which however we thought it looked ridiculous.

Yet in R2 it pretty much feels as if they decided to make him almost entirely robotic, implying his face is cold and that it's just attached to him in a decorative manner (yet, is Murphy just lying to his wife?). Then he is dismantled and everything we see inside him is robotic, at least where the guts should be, unless there is something organic left inside the chest.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:18 pm Reply with quote

I think it's a bit both of of what you're talking about. It's said by Faxx he's 'just a couple of chunks' if you take away the artificial and synthetic, which I'd have to say is accurate really in terms of how much of 'Murphy' biologically-proper is actually left and operating. Doesn't mean what you note in your former R1 remark doesn't apply though, that there is a shocking combo of the two there, just indeed all well hidden and protected in his skull (what's left of his brain) and the chest (a rudimentary heart/lung/digestion apparatus all to sustain what's left of the brain, likely 'false'/synthetic organs, but still semi-organic perhaps ala the Terminator, certainly not part of all the wires and electrical/hydraulic/etc machines and devices as elsewhere in his construction).

The remake tried to actually play on this 'horror' aspect visually - actually show us, but as we generally agree it all came off quite poorly indeed and I feel ultimately added little more to the film itself than shock value. And in that regard I think the 'horror' of it works best unseen or only slightly seen, as you note in regards to helmetless Robo or 'RoboMurphy' as I refer to it. I agree seeing him that way is quite terrible and tragic. Whereas it's all as you say, 'cool' with helmet on. Again, bit of both.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:10 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
The remake tried to actually play on this 'horror' aspect visually - actually show us, but as we generally agree it all came off quite poorly indeed and I feel ultimately added little more to the film itself than shock value.

In this case shock value is required to make the point it is trying to make. I did think this is one of the things the remake did better, especially the scene of him dreaming and waking up and realizing the horror he has become. The original film went quite the opposite direction, purposefully not revealing any details building up to the big reveal of the final product. Each has its strengths but the thing is you can't do both. The original holds off the true ugliness of Robocop's existence until the last moments, while the remake puts the forward and then shows us the finished product later. I kind of think that is actually the way to go in 2017. In this age of trailers popping up all over facebook and all sorts of other intrusive advertising methods we know a lot more about upcoming movies than in 1987. Take the remake, where we were dissecting details about the suit over a year before the movie came out. You just can't get that big 'wow' moment that we had in the original. Not to say that the people who watch the original now miss out on that, but I think the remake handled that aspect well by playing with our expectations and forcing us to get to know Robocop before he actually becomes the character on the poster. Now, if the whole remake had been focused on the trans it would have been a fine movie. The real problems for me arouse when it started to move onto the main plot, which was not nor nearly as well as the creation of Robocop portion of the film.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
NOF
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: Who told you how?

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:02 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :

The remake tried to actually play on this 'horror' aspect visually - actually show us, but as we generally agree it all came off quite poorly indeed and I feel ultimately added little more to the film itself than shock value. And in that regard I think the 'horror' of it works best unseen or only slightly seen, as you note in regards to helmetless Robo or 'RoboMurphy' as I refer to it. I agree seeing him that way is quite terrible and tragic. Whereas it's all as you say, 'cool' with helmet on. Again, bit of both.

I actually think that was the only moment in the remake that was worthy of the name Robocop. Not only did it hit home to the audience and Murphy that this is what he's been reduced to, but the manipulation by the Oldman character to keep Murphy on his side showed that he was just OCP product.

RB 534

comic2-robocop game-xbox arcade2-robocop2 Doom robocop3-fanboy
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:45 pm Reply with quote

NOF :
Stan The Man :

I actually think that was the only moment in the remake that was worthy of the name Robocop. Not only did it hit home to the audience and Murphy that this is what he's been reduced to, but the manipulation by the Oldman character to keep Murphy on his side showed that he was just OCP product.

I'd agree except just the way it was shot and directed just felt rather exploitative and overly blunt, robbing it of some of the power it should have.. It was striking for sure but not in the way it should've been.

I do concur with Pimp though - had they focused more on and done that element better it would have made for, if not a better film, than at least a more interesting film. If nothing else it would have been more its own which I'd have at least given it some credit for. As I've said before much of the first act of the film has something there but it ultimately ends up dragging into droll, failing itself in - among other things - the inability to go one way or another with any real conviction.

Anyway, since I don't wanna troll back into remake bashing again here I'll again say artu has it right both ways, though I always kinda leaned more toward his latter take on Robo being 'almost all machine'. It seemed that way to me even from the original, yes maybe there's some 'guts' but what there is is almost all if not totally to serve a practical purpose, they don't make him 'not a machine' in the sense of him having a soul and identity, being something still truly remaining of Murphy. That line of thought again I've pretty much always had and it's what made the reveal of the eye and later his face stand out so much for myself. It's Murphy's face, his face, but that's more-or-less it in terms of what he has that really distinguishes himself from being only a machine. And even then it has a semi-practical purpose in terms of Robo operating normally, as a psychological buffer. But that's really what does it I think. Eh, I've said some of this before and still I feel like I'm maybe oversimplifying here, but there it is.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:50 pm Reply with quote

When Murphy gets turned on for the first time and “its starting to roll,” those are his ‘new eyes’ that are watching everyone right? I’m trying to understand how long they were working on Murphy’s human remains. Tyler tells Morton they were able to save the left arm, and of course Bob says “Lose the arm” does that mean his cybernetic eyes are inside of his human head? I know it’s an odd question, but I’ve wondered for years how they put him together since we never see it.

RB 1156

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard