New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Your latest gaming endevours.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:16 pm Reply with quote

The Spider-Man you got sounds like "Spider-Man vs The Kingpin". I highly recommend just activating the cheat mode for that one - makes it much more fun. It's actually one of the better superhero games on the system.
There's another one called simply "Spider-Man" that's based on the 90s animated series. It can be kind of fun at times, but frustrating at the same time.
"Spider-Man & X-Men in Arcade's Revenge" is not that fun either.

As for going into repro territory - I've been doing that for a while now (and in the case of the Genesis - for years, since back in the day I could only afford bootleg carts). Check out AliExpress - it's a great source for affordable repros of good quality.

As for Contra - yup, I own a repro of the Japanese version and it's much easier than the US one. I can't understand the story at all (and it's one of the more story-driven Contra games, but hey, it plays, right?). There's also a 99 lives cheat for that one too. You might as well go and get "Sunset Riders" too.

For Disney games - I forgot to mention that "Talespin" and "The Little Mermaid" kinda suck too, so feel free to avoid those, along with "Fantasia".

"Puggsy" is a nice, not-too-tough puzzle platformer with some nice graphical effects.
"B.O.B." is also a decent platformer with relatively short levels, if I recall correctly.

If you're into shoot 'em ups - "Insector X" and "MUSHA" are awesome, though for MUSHA you'd better go repro, as it's in the 400$ range (I lucked out many years ago and got a CIB one for 8$. To this day probably the greatest score I've had).

"The Flintstones" and "Joe & Mac" are nice action platformers and I seem to remember them being relatively easy.

"Alisia Dragoon" is also simple and fun.

"Battletech" is a blast if you can find a buddy to play it with. In two-player mode one of you controls the movement of the mech and the other one controls the guns. Makes for an intense experience.

Oh, and "Michael Jackson's Moonwalker" is better than people give it credit for. I enjoy it quite a bit.
Same goes for "Sonic 3D Blast" - people hate on the game, but it's actually above average and it's got some terrific music. One of the guys who worked on it is currently doing a "Director's Cut" - adding in a few things that were removed prior to release and fixing some of the game's issues.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:15 pm Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
Oh, and "Michael Jackson's Moonwalker" is better than people give it credit for. I enjoy it quite a bit.

Shit, how'd I forget Moonwalker? Yeah that one's quite good. Gargoyles also.

My bud had Aladdin and I remember it was quite a'ight. Never had any other Disney titles save Lion King which I already made my say on and stand by. :roll:

Never played the Shinobi's but wanted to check them out back then.

Phantom 2040 does sound bitchin'.

Eh, all I got to add. Really need to boot up my old system and go on some emulator/ROM spelunking again.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:31 pm Reply with quote

So I got a Switch in the beginning of August and have been playing that a lot. Beat "Double Dragon IV", the Shantae series, "Mighty Gunvolt Burst", "Cave Story+", "Implosion: Never Lose Hope", "Wonderboy: The Dragon's Trap" and "Sonic Mania".

Most of these are retro-inspired games with "Sonic Mania" taking the cake. A product made out of pure love for the franchise. Big thumbs up to everybody involved. That's how you do a retro revival!

Double Dragon IV was decent, fun, but not impressive.

The Shantae games are must-plays for Metroidvania fans out there.

"Implosion" might be something of a hidden gem - mech-based hack 'n' slash, surprisingly high production values for a 10$ game, multiple playable characters and two different storylines. It's relatively long too.

Wonderboy is visually stunning, but some gameplay elements haven't aged well. It's nice that you can switch to the classic graphics at any time.

A couple of days ago I bought and beat "The Mummy: Demastered" also on the Switch. I've said it a dozen times - Wayforward are the masters of retro and they prove it yet again. A great movie tie-in that's easily much better than the movie itself. Gorgeous pixel art, synth soundtrack and addictive gameplay make a great combination!

I also beat the long-awaited "Metroid: Samus Returns" on the 3DS and I loved every minute of it! Terrific game, though debatable if it was actually better than the fan-made AM2R (Another Metroid 2 Remake). But the European collector's edition (which I fortunately managed to grab) is a thing of beauty!

This was followed by me FINALLY playing "Metroid Prime". I got the "Trilogy" on Wii years ago, it was the main reason I wanted a Wii in the first place, but I wanted to wait for when the time is right (meaning, I had enough time to marathon through the entire trilogy). Since that never happaned for 5 years, I just said to myself "Screw it" and started playing. I loved the first "Prime". Visually great, it's aged really well. The motion controls are terrific and intuitive and probably the most important thing - it's genuinely Metroid in 3D. I loved it.

Currently playing through "Metroid Prime 2: Echoes", but had to take long brakes due to work (I started it weeks ago and am near the end now). Unfortunately, I'm not enjoying it nearly as much as the first one. It's not a bad game, but the gimmicks feel just like that - gimmicks. They needlessly prolong a lot of sections of the game and make it feel boring at times. Or maybe I'm just burned out on Metroidvanias at the moment. Will definitely take a break before I move on to Prime 3.

During brakes at work I play a little "Ultra Street Fighter II" and "Rayman Legends" on the Switch. SF II is a classic, one of my favourite fighters (along with SF III 3rd Strike) and in my opinion a much better game than SF IV and SF V. Rayman is also pretty fun and the levels are short which is a huge plus for portable play.

Once I wrap up MP 2 I might move on to "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" or just wait for "Doom" and the Telltale "Batman" series to hit the Switch later this month.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:42 pm Reply with quote

You mentioned some great games there, RoboFan! I love the Street Fighter franchise. I was playing Street Fighter 4 recently after a period of not playing it and I got my ass kicked.
You also mentioned Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which is an awesome game. I got lost in that game for months after work this year. There is so much to do. I just got to the ending yesterday (even though I have completed all the submissions), and it was cool, but I think I liked the ending of Ocarina of Time better. Its still lots of fun to explore.

CREDITS 35

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:59 pm Reply with quote

Was on a Age of Empires binge for a while which I've come back down off of. And replaced with a Fallout (re)binge. Damnit!

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:01 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Was on a Age of Empires binge for a while which I've come back down off of. And replaced with a Fallout (re)binge. Damnit!

I’ve definitely been there & done both. Especially with any of the Fallout games. So many options giving you almost endless replay value.

CREDITS 112

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:05 pm Reply with quote

Currently playing the Kings of Avalon mobile phone game, got it as part of the Mistplay app, so as I play, I get monay... yes I deliberately spelled that wrong! Honestly that was all I got it for in the beginning, but it grew on me and now I play regularly throughout the day and I'm finding it good fun.

CREDITS 1158

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:04 pm Reply with quote

I finally got around to The Last Of Us 2. Man, what an experience that was. Every part of that game was perfectly crafted. By the end I was literally yelling at the screen, but not because it was overly challenging or bad, but because the story goes places I never would have expected. I've never actively hated the character I played in a video game, but this journey brought out so many emotions I did not expect. Simply fantastic. 10 out of 10

CREDITS 2702

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:24 am Reply with quote

Burnout :
I finally got around to The Last Of Us 2. Man, what an experience that was. Every part of that game was perfectly crafted. By the end I was literally yelling at the screen, but not because it was overly challenging or bad, but because the story goes places I never would have expected. I've never actively hated the character I played in a video game, but this journey brought out so many emotions I did not expect. Simply fantastic. 10 out of 10

Still need to get to that myself. Along with a gob of other things on the list. Too busy still being stuck in the Fallout oblivion though. Settlements to build and all. mr green

CREDITS 2304

Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:06 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Still need to get to that myself. Along with a gob of other things on the list. Too busy still being stuck in the Fallout oblivion though. Settlements to build and all. mr green

My wife got back into '76 a couple weeks ago, looked like they finally made that one into a Fallout nuts wet dream, even if it took them a few years. I was never a fallout guy, for whatever reason. I'm looking forward to trying Starfield though, that looks right up my alley.

CREDITS 2702

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:42 pm Reply with quote

I'm currently playing "Sable" which was part of PlayStation Plus last month I believe.

I love a game with an interesting art style so I've been meaning to check it out. It's nice and easy going, with some definite inspiration from the more recent Zelda games, although there's no combat to it.

It's just about exploring and taking in the sights. I find with life nowadays I can't have massive gaming sessions like I used to, although I did put aside some time for Rogue City. I just pop it on every few day, wander round for an hour or so, and enjoy.

CREDITS 1689

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:35 am Reply with quote

STILL doing Fallout, on Fallout 4 a second much more thorough playthrough with some creation club content so I can waste even more time on settlements heh.

Otherwise slowly but surely going through Resident Evil 4 remake on the buds PS5. Been really sweet that one.

With New Game+ now on Rogue City I need to burn back through it again soon.

CREDITS 2304

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Computer and Videogames All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard