New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop 1-3 Comic Adaptations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:27 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
To me, the Robo 2 artwork is pretty nice. Here we had it on black & white, which I think it fits the style of the drawings, as one-shot.

The Robo 3 is pretty weird at moments, and the RoboCop adaptation is pretty lame.

I thought it the artwork looked nice in the first few pages, specifically the one introducing Murphy, but after that it starting lagging.

RB 853

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:37 am Reply with quote

Yeah, before Murphy gets turned into Robo, the art of the first adaptation is quite nice. After that is when they decide to shit all over it.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:10 am Reply with quote

Ill be finally getting the adaptations for all 3. Ill get the paperback for the first with the painted cover, R2 with the flame cover and R3 in separate issues, too bad they never did a TP of it. Ill also get the TP of Frank Millers Robocop and Last Stand. Im gearing up to get Nahas adaptations as well, never read the first one, and its years since Ive read the second

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:59 am Reply with quote

As far as I know, the R2 edition of the flame cover (which is quite cool) is black and white!! Either that, or the other one with Cain towering over the city, but I'm pretty sure one of the TPB editions is not in color.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboBrand87
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: Come quietly or there will be... trouble.

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:49 pm Reply with quote

I got the ones for RoboCop 3 for only £10. Haven't got the other two. Is Tyler in the comic for the first film? I faintly recall her being a male in the novel but I might be getting my facts mixed up.

RB 109

RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:56 pm Reply with quote

I don't remember about Tyler, but the comic does switch Casey Wong to being female.

RB 12622

RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:29 pm Reply with quote

I have files for the complete Marvel series if anyone is interested...

RoboCop Marvel Series

Did Archive ever share part 3 of the R3 adaptation? I didn't see it here. Here it is if not:

RoboCop 3-03.cbr

I also have Prime Suspect, Road Trip, Mortal Coils, and RvsT.

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:18 pm Reply with quote

How many RoboCop stories appeared in Dark Horse Presents?
I know there was one which serves as a prologue to "Prime Suspect" as was reprinted in the Prime Suspect TPB by Boxtree (the one that shares cover art with one of the "Roulette" issues). But were there any more that tie into the other Dark Horse story-arcs?

RB 12622

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:29 pm Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
How many RoboCop stories appeared in Dark Horse Presents?
I know there was one which serves as a prologue to "Prime Suspect" as was reprinted in the Prime Suspect TPB by Boxtree (the one that shares cover art with one of the "Roulette" issues). But were there any more that tie into the other Dark Horse story-arcs?

Yes, there was one more lead-in story. The comic was called Dark Horse Comics, though, replacing the older Dark Horse Presents. The first four issues of DHC contains the lead-in to Prime suspect, and issues 6-9 feature a lead-in to Mortal Coils. Neither is exactly essential reading, but both are cool and add about and issue's worth of prologue to the 4 issue series they preceded.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboBrand87
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: Come quietly or there will be... trouble.

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:04 pm Reply with quote

RoboWags :

RoboCop Marvel Series

Did Archive ever share part 3 of the R3 adaptation? I didn't see it here. Here it is if not:

RoboCop 3-03.cbr

I've been after Mortal Coils! My favourite character Marie Lazarus is in it.

The RoboCop 3 adaptation is quite good. I just ordered the adaptation of the first film. Art doesn't look great and some of it seems different to what was seen in the movie but I'm sure it is worth owning.

RB 109

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:12 am Reply with quote

RoboBrand87 :
RoboWags :

RoboCop Marvel Series

RoboCop 3-03.cbr

As have I, haven't seen a stitch of it in ages. Nor Road Trip.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:10 am Reply with quote

RoboBrand87 :
I just ordered the adaptation of the first film. Art doesn't look great and some of it seems different to what was seen in the movie but I'm sure it is worth owning.

The art inside the Robocop 1 and 2 two adaptions are passable at best, but the first one has the first appearance of Lee Sullivan's Robocop art (depending on the version), with a beautiful painted cover predating the 23 issue series. Another fun fact, the Robocop 2 comic adaptations (the actual comics, not the collection, nor the magazine sized version) feature some early art from Jim Lee, one of the greatest and most respected comics artists of all time, and currently the big boss over at DC comics!

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:44 am Reply with quote

RoboBrand87 :

Here you go:
RoboCop - Mortal Coils

Stan The Man :
As have I, haven't seen a stitch of it in ages. Nor Road Trip.

For you, good sir:
RoboCop - Road Trip

Road Trip is a continuation of the 6 part Dynamite series:
RoboCop (Dynamite)

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:19 pm Reply with quote

Wink The ultimate question is:

Would you have preferred Frank Miller's original vision (from the comic book) as RoboCop 3?

Or what was released as the motion picture?

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard