New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop suit parts

zach11
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: "yes, I understand"

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:16 pm Reply with quote

Not to squash Gez's ambitions here, but in the meantime, I have ordered and received an excellent torso made of plastic but 10 times better quality than the original Bruce Hansing version (which came with my suit). It is a nicer, thicker and easier to wear version of the hard plastic complete with Velcro straps
It is available through a costume maker (Robotcostumes) on eBay in the States:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/robotcostumes?ul_noapp=true

He is reasonable, reputable and ships quickly. I believe he can even make an entire 1987 Robo suit. Cost inclusing shipping was $450 USD

RB 613

auto9 hamburger
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:13 pm Reply with quote

Honestly those are pretty inaccurate compared too Bruce’s.Whats wrong with your Bruce ?

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
zach11
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:42 pm Reply with quote

The Bruce Hansing mid-section was made from a thin plastic that not only did not fit well, it did not hold up well either. I had purchased a rubber mid section from Gez for about $550 US but I wore it once and then it sheared apart under its own weight, so that was an expensive one-time costume appearance. That left me with a great Robo suit but no usable mid-section. The Robot costumes guy made me one that was accurate on the front, and partially on the rear, but nevertheless, it is sturdy plastic with rounded edges and easier to wear. So my choice was to either have an unusable Robocop suit with no mid-section or get the mid-section from the guy on eBay, which was accurate enough. Only a "purist" would know that it was not screen accurate on the back. Hope this helps!

RB 613

auto9 hamburger
MattgomeryBurns
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:33 am Reply with quote

Robotcostumes is the same suit that KFC used in their commercial a few months back.

RB 217

hamburger
zach11
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:09 pm Reply with quote

They did a nice job on the mid section for me.

RB 613

auto9 hamburger
Loubert150
R-L5

R-L5

Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:17 pm Reply with quote

I recently contacted them and they wouldn't sell me just the torso. Told me I would have to buy the whole suit.

RB 280

robo_alfa
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:31 am Reply with quote

zach11 :
The Bruce Hansing mid-section was made from a thin plastic that not only did not fit well, it did not hold up well either. I had purchased a rubber mid section from Gez for about $550 US but I wore it once and then it sheared apart under its own weight, so that was an expensive one-time costume appearance. That left me with a great Robo suit but no usable mid-section. The Robot costumes guy made me one that was accurate on the front, and partially on the rear, but nevertheless, it is sturdy plastic with rounded edges and easier to wear. So my choice was to either have an unusable Robocop suit with no mid-section or get the mid-section from the guy on eBay, which was accurate enough. Only a "purist" would know that it was not screen accurate on the back. Hope this helps!

I'm currently making moulds for the mid-section

RB 167

cake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard