New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

New Boom! RoboCop comics coming in April
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:07 pm Reply with quote

Late to the party on this one but my take on this run is it’s probably the worst Robo run ever..Poorly written by folks that seemingly have no real knowledge of the property,Doing their lame best to be edgy at times falls completely flat for me..

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:37 pm Reply with quote

Got the final issue today. Nothing good to say tongue An uninspired piece of "fan fiction" retelling "Prime Directives". And say what you want to PD, but they tried to make believable the Cable/Murph relationship. Here RoboCop meets insipid cop, nothing happens, then he ends as RoboCable and RoboCop gets overemotional with that.

I still think they had more issues planned and had to end that in 5 issues due to poor sales or critic replies. Nothing happens and then, in the last one, they put EVERYTHING in more than 24 pages.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
JudgeRic0
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:02 pm Reply with quote

Yeah this must have been cut short. Very few comic runs are only 5 issues. The last one was super rushed and left loads of loose ends. Did they ever reveal what directive 5 was?

A bit disappointing given it was written by Brian Wood. He’s really good on his own material. Seriously check out DMZ if you get a chance.

RB 264

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:59 am Reply with quote

JudgeRic0 :
Did they ever reveal what directive 5 was?

Now that you mention it, I don't think they did. Not that I'm in a rush to go back and check. I also don't think I will be checking out anything else from Brian Wood, he could have written a lot of great comics, but this one rubbed me the wrong way so I will pass. If you cannot write my favorite character well, I'm gonna have to assume your own characters aren't worth the investment.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Helldogg
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: "Only you can prevent forest fires." which is good cause I've got other shit to do.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:15 pm Reply with quote

I haven't read the rest, but pissed I paid for 6 issue subscription through BOOM! an there was only 5 an no one will reply to my emails, if they're gonna credit me for one they never did

RB 502

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:00 pm Reply with quote

God I thought this was the worst Robocomic run yet!

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard