New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

DreamWorks She-Ra Reboot

Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:23 pm Reply with quote

Not sure if anybody here knew about this, or if there is anybody who cares, but DreamWorks has just dropped the first teaser trailer, for their reboot of the 80s franchise super babe, She-Ra, and suffice to say, the new She-ra... looks incredibly sucky:

https://youtu.be/HGPRpfwcIEc

It's Ben 10 in drag!

CREDITS 1476

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:49 am Reply with quote

Not much to gleam from this 30 seconds of footage, seems like they got the basic story down and don't offer much beyond that. As for the visual style, I think one thing people are forgetting about this and the Thundercats reboot is that these shows are for the kids of today, not the kids who grew up with the originals. Just as those shows were based in the styles and traditions of the era and aimed at children, so are these. Using a Steven Universe style makes sense, it is more recognizable to today's children. At the end of the day it doesn't matter much to me, as I am not too interested in children's cartoons these days. I do think it is cool that the character is coming back on her own instead of as a spin-off of He-Man.

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:32 pm Reply with quote

While it certainly isn't as gorgeous as the original series, I am willing to give this the benefit of a doubt. It certainly looks much better than the majority of today's Cartoon Network crap and I'm glad She-Ra was made slightly bulky.

Dreamworks' Voltron reboot has been mostly great, even if the animation is a bit too static, which seems to be the situation with She-Ra as well (but heck, even the classic Filmation shows are guilty of this, even if they are much more detailed), so I am definitely curious to see what they have in store for She-Ra, as the trailer doesn't really show all that much.

Just be glad it doesn't look like the new Thundercats show that's coming up...

CREDITS 2802

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:48 pm Reply with quote

So I saw the show over a few days and it's not bad. It leans waaaaaaay too heavily, I feel, on having an LGBT vibe, but it's not horrible by any means. Just pretty gay. Some of the modernizing, especially in terms of how some characters talk, felt quite jarring. The animation is also lacking, like the trailers showed - it's got a very 'modern' feel and not in a good way, but at least it's not utter crap.

CREDITS 2802

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:42 pm Reply with quote

I checked out the new Netflix She-Ra series and watched a few episodes and my general feeling was that it was entertaining and it had enough throwbacks to the past to keep me watching (Although, I don't remember getting to find Lookie in the new series, which was a mistake to leave out in my opinion).
The animation is a modern style reminiscent to the Power puff girls, but colorful and creative character designs. I did notice that some modern themes made their way into the show (I believe that one female character likes the other girls), and I am not surprised. Everything produced today is for all audiences and goes to great lengths to be inclusive of every possible viewer. Unfortunately I always get the impression that it is not for the purpose of treating people fairly and being diverse, but rather to avoid being criticized for being exclusive of one group or another or just trying to use diversity to broaden their customer-base. I would like to think that while it is so forced nowadays, maybe someday tv and movies will be made with everyone in mind because our communities are diversified and people are used to it being that way and want to see a diverse population represented. Regardless, the younger generation of kids from all different backgrounds/ethnicities/family structures will get to enjoy the characters and be able to relate to them a bit. I'll keep watching, too!

CREDITS 35

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard