New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Picked up a FULL set of MINT condition Marvel RoboCop comics

RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:08 pm Reply with quote

Scored these on Facebook Marketplace of all places... I paid less than cover value for them and they are as crisp as the day they were printed! Got a couple of extra copies of #1 also. All I had before was my trade RvsT and the digital library of Robo comics. Also came with both film adaptations in trade form and the R2 individual issues. (The trades and final 4 issues are not pictured)

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:15 pm Reply with quote

Bitchin' score! Lucky fuck!

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:20 pm Reply with quote

That's a great haul! As far as I know, the RvsT TPB is quite rare. Multiple copies of #1, huh? Wanna sell me one :P It's the only one I'm missing to complete my set.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:39 pm Reply with quote

RoboWags :
Scored these on Facebook Marketplace of all places... I paid less than cover value for them and they are as crisp as the day they were printed! Got a couple of extra copies of #1 also. All I had before was my trade RvsT and the digital library of Robo comics. Also came with both film adaptations in trade form and the R2 individual issues. (The trades and final 4 issues are not pictured)

Amazing score, when I got my full run of RoboCop comics it was one of the best days of my life. I have been a RoboCop fan for longer than I can remember and my dad owned a comic book store. One day someone came in trying to sell the full Marvel run. It was never worth much so my dad wasn't too interested. I was eagerly watching from the corner hoping he would get it so I could read them. My dad bought the collection and then handed to me and said I could have them! It wasn't my birthday or anything like that so I was totally surprised. It quickly became my proudest part of my comic book collection and still is. Now I own several pieces of original art from those very issues, which is still mindblowingly awesome to the child that still lives inside me. That Marvel RoboCop run is truly the heart of my love of RoboCop, so it fills my actual heart with joy to see it all laid out there. I hope you treasure and enjoy them as I have, there are certainly some great stories in there, especially the last few... and those last few can be hard to track down and are worth the most of the bunch so you got it at a great deal too! And since these comics have never and likely never will be reprinted you never know when the supply is gonna dry up. Contrats and be sure to give us your thoughts on the run when you finish reading them!

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:26 am Reply with quote

Very cool, RoboWags! I had a bunch of those Marvel Robocop books when I started reading comics in the late 1980s. It was only later that I filled in all the missing books from the series and some of them were pricey (especially the last few issues). The art is great and I liked the direction they went with some of the characters like the motorcycle gang, the vigilantes and the other cyborg creations. A lot of people will tell you that comics are somewhat of a dying form of media, but they give us what the movies can't, longevity. The continuing adventures of the characters can be realized in the comics. The movie people usually rely on remaking characters and their stories rather than continuing the narrative. It doesn't help that the critics are really hard on sequels, but I digress.
Enjoy the books and if you are interested in others, there were a bunch of other publishers that you can check out like Dark Horse and Dynamite comics.

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:54 am Reply with quote

I have the complete collection of RoboCop comics to date by the various publishers in digital form. This series remains my favorite which is why I decided to jump on the chance to pick up the physical copies.

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard