New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

A talk with Fred Dekker - RoboCop 3 Mysteries
Goto page Previous  1, 2

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:33 pm Reply with quote

Very Interesting I still like 3.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:04 am Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
Very Interesting I still like 3.

As any true Robocop fan would. tongue

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:25 pm Reply with quote

HOB888 :
I don't like R3 as a sequel but I do like some parts here and there throughout the movie.

- the return of Bixby Snyder
- ED209 (I liked to see it )
- when the rehab vilain throws the bills, in the suburbs
- the commercials and media breaks
- the guys who commits suicide in the OCP building
- when fleck says he'd do that privately and shows his gun
- and some more stuffs.

You know, R3 got a lot of stuff wrong and really strayed away from what Robocop started out as, but it still retained some major elements in. Basil's music is phenomenal (especially Resistance Base) and what is always praised, but aside from the music it still retained some of that gloomy, hopeless, depressing feeling the other two had. Nikko's parents die, some of the main characters die, like Lewis, Bertha. The city is "saved" from OCP but is basically in ruins almost, with a lot lost, thus, as in R1, the whole thing has a bittersweet ending - the revenge is carried on, the battle is won, but all that is lost is still gone. McDagget is a continuation of the line of the cynical, ice cold characters. Burke, thanks to work with Yakim, does great job physically as Robo

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:22 pm Reply with quote

We may not get Tom Noonan saying anything any time soon I don't think. From doing a little reading on his IMDb page, someone posted that he was at a sci-fi convention around 2007 and talked about his screen roles. He didn't mention RoboCop 2 at all and he did say at one point that "there is one film I'm not proud of".

Take form that what you will. Looks like Tom, Peter, Nancy and who else in the cast didn't like making the film sadly.

RB 18145

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:53 pm Reply with quote

Tom Noonan might feel, at this point in his life, that making Robo2 was a low point.
Kinda how Weller was sick of Robo for a while and wanting to be acknowledged for his more finer work. He came around though. Smile

Anyway, Noonan did talk briefly about the movie in the "RoboCop: The Definitive History" book.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:16 pm Reply with quote

Maybe Noonan was thinking bout The Last Action Hero?

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:20 pm Reply with quote

Maybe he is not proud of the movie, but I would never list Noonan among the worst things of R2, actually the opposite.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:23 am Reply with quote

artuditu :
Maybe he is not proud of the movie, but I would never list Noonan among the worst things of R2, actually the opposite.

Seconded.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:36 pm Reply with quote

KidGoesWild :
HOB888 :
I don't like R3 as a sequel but I do like some parts here and there throughout the movie.

- the return of Bixby Snyder
- ED209 (I liked to see it )
- when the rehab vilain throws the bills, in the suburbs
- the commercials and media breaks
- the guys who commits suicide in the OCP building
- when fleck says he'd do that privately and shows his gun
- and some more stuffs.

You know, R3 got a lot of stuff wrong and really strayed away from what Robocop started out as, but it still retained some major elements in. Basil's music is phenomenal (especially Resistance Base) and what is always praised, but aside from the music it still retained some of that gloomy, hopeless, depressing feeling the other two had. Nikko's parents die, some of the main characters die, like Lewis, Bertha. The city is "saved" from OCP but is basically in ruins almost, with a lot lost, thus, as in R1, the whole thing has a bittersweet ending - the revenge is carried on, the battle is won, but all that is lost is still gone. McDagget is a continuation of the line of the cynical, ice cold characters. Burke, thanks to work with Yakim, does great job physically as Robo

Agreed, Robo3 has enough good things ,to own the dvd.I'm sorry to say I haven't watched 3 since maybe 2 years, but I remember most of it, I think the Rehab's attack of the civils was brilliant.

-
Noonan never failed me as an actor, his Dollaryde was vastely superior to the one played by Fiennes, his serial killer role in The X Files was utterly memorable, Last Action Hero,Heat, The Monster Squad and a small role in the overlooked Phoenix.

RB 1199

game-xbox
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:59 am Reply with quote

That's an awesome little q&a with Dekker, Archive. Would be great to know a lot more. I had no idea about The Old Man situation that was great to know Smile

You can't beat adding more Roboinfo into the memory bank in the hope that one day you will be called upon to use it!

RB 4892

Ed-260
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:22 pm Reply with quote

While doing the remastered and extended super deluxe version of "Facts and Fiction" Episode 4 i asked Fred Dekker about the curious addition in the comic adaptation that the CEO is Bob Mortons father. He was kind enough to give me a lengthy and informative answer!

"That was my idea. I had worked with Miguel Ferrer on "Tales From The Crypt" and loved him --so when we lost Dan O'Herlihy I wanted to hire Miguel's real father, the great Jose Ferrer, to play the new CEO.

Unfortunately, the Ferrer Sr. was in ill health (he would pass away two years later), so the idea was jettisoned and we hired Rip Torn. The comic may have been written before we made this change, as movie tie-ins often have long lead times, so comics and novelizations have plot elements that have been abandoned by the time the movie's released.

But the idea that Bob's dad was a highly-placed OCP exec prior to taking over for the Old Man suggests that nepotism played a part in Bob getting his job in the first place... which I found amusing."

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:07 pm Reply with quote

An interesting idea and it is great to hear a little more behinds the scenes trivia that I didn't before. That said, I'm glad they didn't pursue that idea. It seems like another typical Robocop 3 half-baked plot point that doesn't add much to the end product. I think it would have felt like a strained connection to the first film, especially since Bob Morton was not even mentioned in RoboCop 2 (correct me if I am wrong). Rip Torn did a great job in the role and was one of the better characters in RoboCop 3.

Looking back on the whole film, the best scene and more important is the moment all the cops turn in their badges and Sgt Reed leads them in a fight for true justice. That is great stuff, the kind of storytelling that is classic Robo, makes for a great character arc for Reed, and is the emotional heart of the the film. When I analyze RoboCop 3 now, my analysis centers on that moment, and anything that does not directly lead to that moment or come from it is arbitrary in RoboCop 3, and there is a lot of stuff that fits that criteria. While it would have been interesting having Ferrer Sr. take the role, it would not have been more than a fun bit of fan service. So while I am happy to hear about this piece of trivia, I can't say it was a great idea or that it would have been better if they had gone through with it. You do gotta love those old comic adaptions though for bringing stuff like this to light.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard