New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Neill Blomkamp leaves RoboCop Returns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:46 pm Reply with quote

Well, if his reason for quitting (he hasn't time and MGM want to film it now) is true, then we should hopefully hear of a new director and some casting news soon. I imagine if MGM are in a rush that perhaps Weller has signed on and they want to do it before he either pulls out or isn't able to do any physical work (if the role is indeed a physical one and not a voice over or CGI face over someone else's).

RB 19226

Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Comment: There will be trouble!

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:13 pm Reply with quote

I really couldn't care less about Peter Weller being in the new movie. I mean he was cool in Robocop, but he didn't do anything another talented actor couldn't do now. I don't even want a cameo unless it's a nice Easter egg without being cheesy.

What I do care about more than anything else is that they don't make a half assed movie, or one that tries to push some stupid recent politics agenda.
Just make a cool movie. That's it. Doesn't even need to be too gory. Just a well made film I can watch and enjoy a few times a year.

RB 787

game-xbox
HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:45 am Reply with quote

Fummelcop :
Doesn't even need to be too gory..

It needs to be as gory as the first two movies.

RB 1199

game-xbox
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:47 am Reply with quote

I think the studio is aware by this point that they need to cater to the existing fan base and going along with Blomkamp's vision shows that. Hopefully they will find a director that shares that vision and doesn't pull a Kershner or a Schumacher on us and try to "make it his own"

*Bonus points if you got BOTH of those director references Wink

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Slash Man
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Stay out of trouble.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:34 am Reply with quote

^Schumacher gets a bad rap, he was hand picked by Tim Burton to carry on the series, and had all intention of doing so until reshoots and editing. Meanwhile, Kershner seemed to have two very different approaches for Star Wars and RoboCop - I don't think he really liked RoboCop to begin with.

Nostalgia is very powerful nowadays; the aforementioned films didn't have the benefit of that at the time. To keep talking about Star Wars, look at what J.J. Abrams did with the Force Awakens. Very close remake of A New Hope. While that's not what I wanted from Star Wars after years of pushing the envelope, I think a proven formula is what RoboCop needs, and the producers know it.

RB 730

hamburger
RoboFan
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:21 am Reply with quote

Now we see what Blomkamp has moved onto. Inferno with Taylor Kitch.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/taylor-kitsch-neill-blomkamp-inferno-1203381952/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

RB 34

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard