New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

How you became a RoboCop fan ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

kinserfan11
O-L3

O-L3

TEAM EDWARD

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:49 am Reply with quote

I went to go see it in Theaters in 1987 and when the first action figures came out in stores bought Kenner Cap Firing Robocop and ED 209 !

RB 241

game-xbox
OcpCommunications
R-L1

R-L1

Comment: "The only choice."

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:42 am Reply with quote

Hello there fellow RoboFans. It has been a long time since I have been around this forum and these halls. Far too long...

Anyway, I fell in love with RoboCop as a kid, as soon as I was first introduced to the character through a VHS copy of RoboCop 3 I rented from a rental store. I used to wear that tape out. Nowadays, I find the film to be cringe inducingly awful and I wouldn't want to watch it over and over again because the experience would be absolute torture, but back then I couldn't get enough of it. I even had my dad buy me the talking RoboCop 3 toy from KB Toys. And I still have the toy by the way. It is one of the few things I still like about RoboCop 3 including the jet pack scene.

It wasn't until years later when I saw the first film on DVD, the second on cable and all three again on DVD when I got the trilogy box set from my parents. I was already hooked on the character by that point, but once I had the DVD set, I was hooked for life. RoboCop is still my favorite character of all time and I owe that passion to RoboCop 3. As much as I despise the majority of the film, I still have that small speck of appreciation for it, because it opened the door to the world of RoboCop to my young eyes.

RB 64

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard