New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

MGM working on RoboCop series focusing on young Dick Jones?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:59 pm Reply with quote

Like I said on FB, the only apeal I can see in this is have the not-so-Old Man being called "Boner", "Ironbutt" and "Asshole".

I'm not really interested in a corporate TV series, nor grasping-at-straws spin-offs. But why worry...I mean, it's not like this is getting made...is it?

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:12 pm Reply with quote

Im guessing it would play out like a long-winded version of the first half of Robocop2

Just episodes of failed robotic experiments.

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:29 am Reply with quote

Sometimes I think that people watch stuff just because its new. I can't believe that a series based on Alfred Pennyworth or Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D would be something that people would watch either, but they do. Then a series like Swamp Thing comes out, where you actually have a major character to tell stories about and they end up spending so much time on the ancillary characters that it gets boring and the series gets cancelled.
To play devil's advocate, with the volume of TV shows based on cops, firefighters or emergency room doctors, you could probably sell a RoboCop tv show if RoboCop was a surgeon by day and a cop/firefighter/emt at night. With enough advertising, I am sure that people would watch.

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard