New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop Returns gets new director in Abe Forsythe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:04 am Reply with quote

Spectrum Scarlet :
They had his stunt double, Ken Quinn, stand in for him for several shots per ep. Ken would say his lines on-camera, then Richard would come in the next week to dub his own voice over Ken’s. That became the M.O. on the part of the producers.

That´s something that makes me smile, when you see a close up or Robo and his mouth doesn´t look anything like Eden. And it happens in a bunch of scenes, even the most silly ones (Robo walking, or aiming his gun).

Spectrum Scarlet :
You can’t beat a physical, tangible, fibreglass suit with Hollywood set lights bouncing off of it. Natural day and night light reflecting on its surfaces; location/street fixtures beaming down; or little ‘fill’ and ‘key’ altogether for an ominous, eerie tone. Think the rare publicity still the ROBODOC team uncovered and used in their 6-minute extended trailer, taken when Peter is walking away from the flaming gas station in the first movie.

I agree. A man in the suit is needed. It makes RoboCop. Weller (and Yakim) made RoboCop with the restrictions of the suit. Plus, materials evolved, so it´d be easier to make a suit more tolerable.

Spectrum Scarlet :
Why wait for the tech to reduce both, when costumers and fabricators could assemble replicas of the suit with lighter-weight materials for greater comfortability and flexibility.

That.

Spectrum Scarlet :
Or a revamped/modified design that eliminates the arduous, physically draining aspect altogether. A new design even.

Not a big fan of a complete redesign, but they could polish some parts of it (the gloves. I always thought they could be attached differently so they didn´t pop out from the rest of the arms).

ireactions :
The future of ROBOCOP lies in cable television. Or as Chanood wisely cites, streaming platforms.

They could have another studio to pay for the project, and we´d get more than 2 hours of new Robo-content. It´d be a win-win situation.

Stan The Man :
Robo's future in a probable tangible sense isn't on the big screen but rather as a serial or quasi-serial on Netflix or the like. Something where they'd be able to have time to devote to fleshed-out stories and situations, not cost so much, and reach an audience more inclined to appreciate that type of program and aesthetic.

Yup.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:15 pm Reply with quote

It seems social media sites are reporting Sony wants Chris Evans on RoboCop Returns. Doesn´t seem too "trusty", but it spreads really fast over the net.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:00 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
It seems social media sites are reporting Sony wants Chris Evans on RoboCop Returns. Doesn´t seem too "trusty", but it spreads really fast over the net.

That article was created by a known clickbait website with no specific details. To me it is clearly fake, especially considering Sony doesn't have anything to do with RoboCop anymore. Seems whoever dreamed up that article forgot that the RoboCop license changed hands recently.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:17 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
That article was created by a known clickbait website with no specific details. To me it is clearly fake, especially considering Sony doesn't have anything to do with RoboCop anymore. Seems whoever dreamed up that article forgot that the RoboCop license changed hands recently.

Yeah, sounded weird from the begining. I wonder if the project was dead before the whole Covid situation and just let the audience forget about it. No one gave any updates since forever....

RB 11786

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:32 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
RoboPimp :

Yeah, sounded weird from the begining. I wonder if the project was dead before the whole Covid situation and just let the audience forget about it. No one gave any updates since forever....

The project was never officially announced s there were really no updates to give. Neill Blomkamp was the one who started all the rumors but there was never a shred of credible evidence to back up his claims. Remember he said the reason he was removed as director was because MGM didn't want to wait for him to finish the film he was currently working on. That was years ago and obviously nothing happened with the so-called RoboCop Returns, and the rights to the character of RoboCop have actually changed hands. As far as I am concerned the movie known as RoboCop Returns never existed.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:32 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Neill Blomkamp was the one who started all the rumors but there was never a shred of credible evidence to back up his claims.

That´s soooo Neill...

RoboPimp :
. As far as I am concerned the movie known as RoboCop Returns never existed.

"Your sequel is dead. I don´t know you".

So, Neumeier were doing Aykroyd tactics. Talk about projects on air and hope the studio will listen and greenlight them.

RB 11786

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard