New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Clarence and Cain

RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:28 pm Reply with quote

First, is Cain his first name or last? And did Clarence and his boys know Cain? I’ve been thinking maybe they knew each other, but the first film was more about Clarence and Murphy becoming Robocop, while the second film could’ve been about Cain’s story.

RB 1156

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:15 am Reply with quote

Most of the new characters in RoboCop2 has only one name such as Cain, Angie, Duffy, Holzgang etc.
And in the case of Cain, it being a biblical name in origin, it is most likely a taken name he's given himself that is more suited for the Nuke cult. His real name is unknown.

The new drug Nuke started to appear after the events of the first movie so i don't think Clarence and Cain had any business or knowledge of each other. With Clarences drug empire shut down it pawed the way for Cain.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:53 pm Reply with quote

Do we actually have any clue how much time passed between R1 and R2? Is there any promotional material or quote that gives a rough estimate? Or did I miss all my life a key info bit in the movie that gives the answer?

Facts to support R2 happened shortly after R1:

- The police strike is still going on (however, it could be a separate strike, or police strikes have become intermittent and more frequent since OCP's takeover).
- Delta City construction has not started yet.

Facts to make me think that several months (or maybe 1+ year) had passed:

- Lewis is fully recovered (probably the stronger fact)
- Ellen Murphy has gone through therapy apparently because of Robo "stalking" her.
- Nuke, unmentioned in R1, has ridden the streets of Detroit and Cain is all over the news (while in R1 it felt that Clarence was the most wanted criminal).
- Robo's armor looks fully refurbished (weak fact, it is logical to think that spare parts are readily available and he can be repaired and rebuilt quickly, as it was the case during the events of R2, yet it looks like the gun shop thieves do not expect Robo to pop up at all, so he might have been put back on duty very recently, however, this would negate that Robo had stalked Ellen for a while)

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:23 pm Reply with quote

The old man mentions in Robo2 that "about a year ago we gave this city RoboCop" so that is perhaps the best way to judge how much time has passed. Not exact but roughly a year.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:10 pm Reply with quote

RoboLewis :
First, is Cain his first name or last? And did Clarence and his boys know Cain? I’ve been thinking maybe they knew each other, but the first film was more about Clarence and Murphy becoming Robocop, while the second film could’ve been about Cain’s story.

I know in the original scripts Cain was supposed to be a veteran from the Amazon war (he was probably a murderous maniac in that war killing innocent civilians etc) I think he created the Nuke drug and cult when he came back from that war. Which would've been after the demise of Clarence and his gang,

I love R2, but it's hard to imagine the Clarence and Cain characters co-existing in the same world. Clarence and his gang are realistic characters, Cain and his gang feel much more 'comic-book' - which is completely understandable when you factor in that a comic book writer wrote the movie! Very Happy

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:30 pm Reply with quote

Lewis hair is another indication, way shorter in the first.

RB 1199

game-xbox
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:45 am Reply with quote

Archive :
The old man mentions in Robo2 that "about a year ago we gave this city RoboCop" so that is perhaps the best way to judge how much time has passed. Not exact but roughly a year.

Wow, I'm amazed I never gave enough thought to that line!

It might be the first time ever I feel like a piss-poor robofan Laughing

Many thanks!

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:32 pm Reply with quote

Did Bob Morton know who Clarence was when he came into his home? And Clarence showing up to talk to Dick Jones at OCP after the Robo/Ed-209 fight. This guy was all over the news known as a cop killer. Didn’t anybody notice who this guy was who was meeting with Jones?

RB 1156

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:19 pm Reply with quote

RoboLewis :
Did Bob Morton know who Clarence was when he came into his home? And Clarence showing up to talk to Dick Jones at OCP after the Robo/Ed-209 fight. This guy was all over the news known as a cop killer. Didn’t anybody notice who this guy was who was meeting with Jones?

Well, MediaBreak´s photo was kinda "blurry", so you could pretend people wouldn´t recognize him at first. As for the OCP scene, most of the people were busy rebuilding that floor and he just walks in casually. The workers didn´t care, they had something to do. What I´d found weird is the fact Jones´ secretary knew he was coming and has a meeting with the vicepresident of the company. I guess there would be security and people at OCP´s entrance as well. So even if they recognized him, they´d have to let him go, since they´re Jones orders.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:21 am Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
RoboLewis :

Well, MediaBreak´s photo was kinda "blurry", so you could pretend people wouldn´t recognize him at first. As for the OCP scene, most of the people were busy rebuilding that floor and he just walks in casually. The workers didn´t care, they had something to do. What I´d found weird is the fact Jones´ secretary knew he was coming and has a meeting with the vicepresident of the company. I guess there would be security and people at OCP´s entrance as well. So even if they recognized him, they´d have to let him go, since they´re Jones orders.

Also, he was just taken out of jail, presumably by Dick Jones' lawyers and/or influence peddling, so he was a free man, for the time being, until proven guilty in court, even if the news were previously circulating his picture as suspect / fugitive of murders.

RB 6857

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:20 pm Reply with quote

Not to derail this, but another thing I always wondered, was there no-one around on the bottom floors of the OCP building to see/hear Robo blow up ED-209 and maybe pass that information up to the board room or at least have security deployed to check it out?

Some poor person likely would have been outside investigating and then have Dick Jones's body fall on them too, so maybe it was best no-one was around!

RB 18145

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard