New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboDoc - New Robo Documentary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:53 am Reply with quote

edgeofthecosmos :
Apparently its going to stay as 1 disc for US, 2 for UK version.

Well, at least being a backer in Europe had something positive Laughing

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:13 pm Reply with quote

Apparently this bit is blowing up in social media, pure gold:

https://twitter.com/MikeDrucker/status/1724550694462517438

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
RoboCorey
R-L1

R-L1

Comment: Longtime lurker of the Archive, current admin of RoboCop Wiki

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:39 am Reply with quote

That story alone makes me so happy they managed to get Weller on-board. Close second is how he was apparently very popular with lady crew members.

It's a great doc regardless of his involvement, but he really was the cherry on top.

RB 230

Spectrum Scarlet
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

SIMPY 4 PIMPY

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:16 am Reply with quote

RoboCorey :
That story alone makes me so happy they managed to get Weller on-board. Close second is how he was apparently very popular with lady crew members.

It's a great doc regardless of his involvement, but he really was the cherry on top.

Is there anything else besides those? Something new from the development process? Or perhaps when there was heavy automatic gunfire or special effects charges going off. Something went wrong. I won’t be able to see this until well into next year and I’m curious if there’s anything like that.

The gas station and shop window explosions are already well-documented on their notoriety.

RB 2500

hamburger batman-card comic2-robocop comic4-robocop
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:15 pm Reply with quote

New RoboDoc update about the backers:

RoboDoc :
Hi all,

we’ve finally received the US physical copeies to ship to pledgees. Can US and Canada customers please ensure their shipping addresses are updated as soon as possible. UK, Europe and rest of the world will ship from January.

Please note that VHS clamshells will ship in January as an extra package (your blu would have already shipped in its blu-ray case) - our priority is to get blus out as soon as possible.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:09 pm Reply with quote

January? We were told start of December, I was looking forward to getting it next week. AAGGHHHHH!!

RB 18145

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:43 am Reply with quote

Rick :
January? We were told start of December, I was looking forward to getting it next week. AAGGHHHHH!!

I know. I was hoping the backers would get an "advanced copy" before the store ones. Anyway, with X-Mas coming soon I think it´d be better to get it after it, or I´m afraid some of us could get our copy lost between the holidays.

RB 11786

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:56 am Reply with quote

So according to the Doc makers, all US backer copies have shipped now, so everyone who pledged should have them. Anyone who backed and lives in the UK will start to get their copies from next week. Any other countries will have to wait longer it seems until distribution deals have been struck.

RB 18145

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:39 pm Reply with quote

My UK copy arrived the other day... sadly, it was missing all the printed bonuses - poster and cards - despite being a sealed copy (if anyone can send me a scan, I'd appreciate it).

Nice to own a physical version. Slowly but surely digging through the bonus segments. Unfortunately, I noticed that the discs themselves are mislabled in terms of what bonus features are on each. Minor gripe, but still...

I was hoping the segment on the games would've been a bit longer (I'd have loved something akin to Oliver Harper's retrospective on them). Still, some nice tidbits there as well.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:13 am Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
I was hoping the segment on the games would've been a bit longer (I'd have loved something akin to Oliver Harper's retrospective on them). Still, some nice tidbits there as well.

Same here.

The other thing I would have liked to see were some alternate takes it B Roll footage. Hearing Paul McCrane's alternate delivery, the Full "It's Not My Problem" skit and Weller's voice without modulation was gold. I get it though, most of us have seen everything there is to be seen with the first film.

Now RoboDoc 2 and 3, that's what I'm excited about.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:01 pm Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
My UK copy arrived the other day... sadly, it was missing all the printed bonuses - poster and cards - despite being a sealed copy (if anyone can send me a scan, I'd appreciate it).

Nice to own a physical version. Slowly but surely digging through the bonus segments. Unfortunately, I noticed that the discs themselves are mislabled in terms of what bonus features are on each. Minor gripe, but still...

Did you purchase it or are you a backer?

I think the main games retrospective is being kept for RoboDoc 3 as they probably have the least BTS content to fill that up so that is why the Series and games are being added into that doc? Could be wrong though.

RB 18145

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:13 am Reply with quote

Rick :

Did you purchase it or are you a backer?

I think the main games retrospective is being kept for RoboDoc 3 as they probably have the least BTS content to fill that up so that is why the Series and games are being added into that doc? Could be wrong though.

Purchase. But the Amazon listing does mention them and people have showed them off in the reviews.

It's quite possible they're holding off on that stuff, yeah. I just really hope things are not simply glossed over, like they tend to be, when it comes to anything other than the first movie. Even the "Ultimate History" book had like, what... a paragraph on the cartoons and a page on the live-action series?

But knowing how many people these guys tracked down and how much footage they probably have (AND actually put something out that's good), there's definitely hope for seeing something more in-depth than ever before in the upcoming docs.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:20 pm Reply with quote

Finally got my copy in todays post. I am going to now try and find a 4 hour block where I can sit down and watch it!

RB 18145

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:00 am Reply with quote

Rick :
Finally got my copy in todays post. I am going to now try and find a 4 hour block where I can sit down and watch it!

Backer copy? It seems they´ll start to send these (European) copies this week. I wonder how long will take to send mine here.

RB 11786

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard