New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Build state of Robo.

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:49 pm Reply with quote

As y'all know, when Murphy is being "transformed" into Robo it takes place within the first person. I've often thought of what he may look like at these points, such as when the bullet being removed from his head, the talk of saving his left arm, the arm demo, and Tyler giving him a New Years Kiss.

What are your thoughts? What do you envision Robo looking like at this point?

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:14 pm Reply with quote

Think of the scenes of Robo in pieces from R2 but in a more stable environment.

RB 18145

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:40 am Reply with quote

Rick :

I can understand there's probably little of him at the point with the bullet removal or LED installation, but the part I really think about is when Tyler kisses him. I can't imagine him "in pieces", it would be odd to have parts of him scattered around. He's low down, and you can't see any of his body so I wonder if he's just a head and spine or something, not yet attached to the rest of his body. I'd imagine the skull has Murphy's face, or given that she seems to kiss the "eyes"/camera may mean he doesn't.

When Robo goes home and walks towards Ellen the perspective seems a bit better. When she says "I love you" the eye and mouth are lined up better, or as best as it can considering it's a camera.

As much as I enjoyed RoboDoc, I wish it answered these kind of questions.

RB 17812

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:36 pm Reply with quote

pengbuzz :
A sterile environment with his basic framework with minimal components (life support, etc) either on a wrok-table/ operating table, or a articulated frame for the techs and scientists to maneuver him around for assembly/ development. I would guess that his remaining organs are installed into the framework, with his face being implanted at some point. Definitely his brain and eyes though, along with external power, a nutrient feed going directly to his remaining organs, a bunch of diagnostic equipment and medical monitors, and a few non-attached components (like the right arm) waiting to be installed.

That was beautifully descriptive man. I never thought of having Robo on an articulated frame to be moved around to different stations, which kind of makes me think of Robo 2 when Reed confronts Holzgang. I can really imagine it being on a larger scale with Robo being even further "stripped" than we eventually see.

Have a Public Trust!

RB 17812

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:19 am Reply with quote

Josh :
Rick :

I can understand there's probably little of him at the point with the bullet removal or LED installation, but the part I really think about is when Tyler kisses him. I can't imagine him "in pieces", it would be odd to have parts of him scattered around. He's low down, and you can't see any of his body so I wonder if he's just a head and spine or something, not yet attached to the rest of his body. I'd imagine the skull has Murphy's face, or given that she seems to kiss the "eyes"/camera may mean he doesn't.

I'm thinking he's maybe just torso without the extremities connected (last building/calibration perhaps?). Kinda like RoboCain when Faxx first sees him teasing him with the Nuke - Its just his torso there too I believe.

That said I think he has helmet/visor on and shes kissing it, like trying to kiss forehead or cheek but just missing because, well, shes toasted heh.

EDIT saw the other comment and pretty much agree. Same with Rick, same kind of components but again, more stable and in working order. Kinda makes sense. You see this in the Series as well when he has to get new extremities/parts and such.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:13 pm Reply with quote

So, when they are working on Murphy and Tyler is happy that they could save the left arm; Morton isn’t thrilled with the idea so they remove it. (I like the beginning of “RoboDoc” showing his creation.) At that point they’re still working on his human remains, so did they have to do something to preserve his flesh so it wouldn’t start decomposing, besides refrigeration? If they were working on his remains, there couldn’t have been much of him to put in the casket. Since it’s his human remains, I had always thought his new Robovision was inside his own human head. Were they trying to turn him into a bionic man or hybrid like in Terminator Salvation?

RB 1156

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard