New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop Dynamite, issue 5 now available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:14 am Reply with quote

Define a good robocop story aside from the first movie. Give me an example. Because it seems that nobody is happy with anything except the first movie for the most part. What is so bad about these comics? So Lewis dies, if it's at least in a better way or more profound, then great. Plus wasn't dick jones there or something. Robo's probably jacked into some dream type thing again... Maybe.

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:57 am Reply with quote

lol this art is quite dookie.

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:22 am Reply with quote

RoboDemise :
Define a good robocop story aside from the first movie. Give me an example. Because it seems that nobody is happy with anything except the first movie for the most part. What is so bad about these comics? So Lewis dies, if it's at least in a better way or more profound, then great. Plus wasn't dick jones there or something. Robo's probably jacked into some dream type thing again... Maybe.

A few of the marvel issues were really good, and were really going in the right direction, but the series was canceled just as it had found it's niche.

RoboCop vs. Terminator was also damn good for the most part. So I am happy with a few stories of the character besides the first film.

My main fucken problems with Dynamite is one, in 5 issues Robo's barely been in the books, and when he has been, he's pretty much done jack shit. Pretty said he's not really the central character in his own damn books.

Two, you don't go killing off central characters this early into the series. If lewis stays dead, look for her to be cheaply replaced by another female character, kinda like they did with Dr. Lazarus from R3.

Three, Robo on a damn hallucinogenic trip does jack shit for me. I don't need a mind fuck, I need Robo kicking ass and cleaning up Detroit. I also don't need imaginary cameos from dead characters from the first film.

By the way still haven't gotten a fucken timeline this shit is supposed to take place in after robo 1. Funny how the old man is in the condition he is as he was spry enough to elbow Jones in the gut and get out of the way quickly at the end of Robo 1. No explanation has been given either for why he is in the shape he is.

I don't know what it is with Dynamite but I've read their Xena shit, as I was a huge fan of that TV series, and they fucked the character off, missed the whole point, and the books sucked.

Now 5 issues in I see a similar thing with RoboCop. It's like they take a character, strip away important aspects they don't care about and toss them aside, and fill the rest with badly written bullshit.

Then again what do I expect from a company that has Robo mutter the word "Lawbitches".

Mindchamber :
lol this art is quite dookie.

My friend I definetly agree.

RB 495

TheOldManOCP
R-L5

R-L5

Comment: Anyone can buy OCP's stock and own a piece of our city. What could be more democratic than that?

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:22 am Reply with quote

The last line of the issue seems to hint at the return of the "dark brooding" RoboCop. I don't want a RoboCop without hope any more than I want a RoboCop without ammo.

RB 70

game-xbox
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:22 am Reply with quote

TheOldManOCP :
The last line of the issue seems to hint at the return of the "dark brooding" RoboCop. I don't want a RoboCop without hope any more than I want a RoboCop without ammo.

I'm not sure what "dark brooding" Robo your speaking of returning. The only other Robo I remember existing besides the Murphy personality version was the simple OCP controlled non self aware one.

As for "dark brooding" that's Batman territory and really only he needs to be there.

RB 495

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:07 pm Reply with quote

Oh shit. I forgot about lawbitches... OK, point stands. It's not so good. Wink

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard