New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Crysis 2

Player1
O-L1

O-L1

Topic Necromancer

Comment: ...when I grow up, I'm gonna be just like RoboCop! :D

Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:53 pm Reply with quote

I haven't been here for a long time, so I was surprised when I typed "Crysis 2" in forum search, nobody talked about it yet. Especially that the famous nano suit and it's capabilities even from the first title have a little resemblance to RoboCop franchise.

So, I don't want to spoil anything in case some of you still haven't played it, but I'll say few things, good in my opinion.

First of all, I never liked first Crysis game. I had to play it on Very Low settings, and it looked pretty cheap and uninteresting, that's why I got bored after 20min. play. I even tried Crysis Warhead, like, 6 months ago... same thing. I've seen many good ratings and many friends suggested me the game, but honestly, I don't like those "over-powered" shooters, where you have some "magic suit" that can do everything you want, and also, you get to fight aliens, which I'm also sick and tired of... just like zombies too.

The reason that got me into Crysis 2 is actually the famous CryEngine 3. When I saw it's capabilities in the first few trailers, around 2 years ago, I was impressed with the looks and how things can be photo realistic rendered in real time. Some time after, I also read that it will be so optimized, that it would "give a lot on low spec PC"... Since my machine is low spec, I got tempted to give a shot and test it. When free DEMO Multiplayer launched sometime in February this year, I downloaded it and it worked great. Sure I suffered some lower Frame rate in crowded crossfires, but in system requirements, the minimum CPU is Core 2 Duo, and I was surprised that I was able to run it on my Single core CPU. The graphics also look fantastic on my 512mb GeForce 9500gt.
When the game came out, I had to get it... I wanted to see more.
I'm not gonna tell the story, in fact, I didn't even followed it... I simply ran through the game, looking around at environment and objects... admiring it.
I've cleared the game only that one time, and then I switched back to multiplayer, which I still play sometimes. Not that I got bored, but I have to admit that I have pirated copy, so sometimes when they update the game, crack doesn't work and we have to wait for another one.
I'd like to mention that I still have in mind to get an original copy, because I think that game is worth it. Sure it has several bugs here and there, sometimes cheaters appear in MP ... but somehow, it's still addictive... I really can't explain. Smile

I was also watching all the videos about the CryEngine 3 and simply fell in love with it. When I visited their official website, it's said it IS free, just like Unreal Engine 3 and many others, but Crytek doesn't licence it to individuals. You have to be Gaming or Filming studio, or some educational facility to gain licence for it. I got sad at the moment, but I knew they will surprise us somehow... and, Voila! Recent news said that CryEngine 3 SDK will be available for free in August 2011. Editor for Crysis 2 will come out early this summer, but SDK in August.

Why am I so excited? ... Well.. honestly, I also have to admit that I got leaked beta version of Crysis 2 game, which has an Editor in it. I know it's illegal, but I'm not planning to use it to compromise Crytek or anybody. I'm just studying it, tempering with materials from the game... learning how to use things, how to build a game. I know nothing about coding or programing, and I was waiting my whole life for something like this. Sure there are other free engines on the same basis, but none of them gives fantastic results like this one, and I believe this one is currently the best solution for good quality, and less specs requirements.
Hell, they even announced SketchUp import ability! Very Happy
Also, when I was about to post all of this here, I wanted to tell you that this might be a great solution for a new fan-made RoboCop game. For the stuff I've learned so far, I already can imagine what would the game look like. Wink
I've learned a lot stuff (for me a lot, since I started as newbie) in it for about 2 weeks, and I'm still practicing until the official release, and then... I'll start "cooking something good" Smile
If anyone want's to see it, I've uploaded few screenshots of my test work to my facebook album, and it's available for everyone to see.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150158468697946.293592.602382945
Note that all materials are from the beta game, because editor comes with it, and I don't have proper tools installed to make some of my own 3D objects and stuff. Still learning about those things too, what software do I need, how to work in it and so on. I have SketchUp, but as I've said, importer is not yet available. There are ways, but too complicated. This game files should be enough for me to practice.

Well... "Waiting for the summer" Smile

CREDITS 64

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:08 pm Reply with quote

It's on 360 too right? I haven't had a 360 for awhile, just been playing portal 2 at my friends when I go there but I'll tell him to check the game out. I think I saw some screen shots of it and it is a very pretty looking game visually.

I'd like to get into some modding and such like you're talking about. Editing and all that, I really enjoy it, or would, I think. I wish I could put a dirtbike in red dead redemption. I would love to cruise around the old west on a dirtbike. Would rule!

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:12 pm Reply with quote

I've never been able to play crysis on my slow computer but i have been thinking of picking up the sequel for the PS3. Overall i get the feeling the gameplay is a bit fiddly and complicated compared to say "call of duty" in that you have to mess with the suits abilities and stuff like that. That is my impression anyway.

Fan mods are always fun but in all honesty, people usually loose interest pretty quick and rarely get much modding done. There are some robo skins for GTA out there and that is probably the closest we will get to a Robo game of that style.

CREDITS 396

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Player1
O-L1

O-L1

Topic Necromancer

Comment: ...when I grow up, I'm gonna be just like RoboCop! :D

Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:20 pm Reply with quote

RoboDemise :
It's on 360 too right?

I'd like to get into some modding and such like you're talking about. Editing and all that, I really enjoy it, or would, I think. I wish I could put a dirtbike in red dead redemption. I would love to cruise around the old west on a dirtbike. Would rule!

Yeah, PC, PS3 and 360 Smile

As for Red Dead Redemption, it was made in the Euphoria engine that Rockstar Game is using
http://www.naturalmotion.com/euphoria
I don't know about the modding tools though, but maybe there is osme Read Dead fan modding community. GTA has a lot of them.

Quote:
Fan mods are always fun but in all honesty, people usually loose interest pretty quick and rarely get much modding done. There are some robo skins for GTA out there and that is probably the closest we will get to a Robo game of that style.

That's why I'm waiting for the SDK Smile ... Editor that will come out first will be able to mod Crysis 2. SDK let's you create your own game from scratch. As for many Robo-fans and artists here and CryEngine's user-friendliness, we might work something out. Wink

CREDITS 64

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Computer and Videogames All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard