New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop Remake possibilities!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:59 am Reply with quote

What if you projected a Michael bay movie directly onto the wood paneling? I'm thinkin the movies may seem better.

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:56 am Reply with quote

Or the paneling would catch fire.

But yes, I think that hypothesis is sound.

RB 464

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Gadget
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: A good citizen always tells the truth, right?

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:29 pm Reply with quote

robohell :

No... The 3rd movie had one or two ninjas too much as far as I remember Wink

There were 4 ninjas technically... and technically they were all the same guy... does that make any fucking sense? Neutral

What do I want to see? Robo. Eating. That. Damn. Rudimentary. Paste. It would answer so many questions after so many years, the least the remake can do is answer how the hell it's done xDD

(the thought just hit me, does Robo ever use the bathroom?

Confused

forget I said anything...)

RB 241

robocop87
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: Bitches Leave!

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:56 am Reply with quote

remake or new film...it's pretty big shoes to fill...I would be more happier with a remake then a new film....atleast with a remake they would be following the same script..I am worried about the casting process....I really hope they don't put some big name in there as robocop hoping people will go just to see the big name...as long as they try to get someone to play robocop that looks like Peter Weller and takes the role seriously....The Robocop Franchise has a massive fanbase and it would suck it they messed it up

RB 40

AlexRobo
O-L3

O-L3

Comment: "You gotta ask yourself one question, ED209, do you feel lucky?"

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:19 am Reply with quote

I agree. It's best to get a relative unknown to play Murphy/Robo, maybe a TV actor who has appeared in some big movies as a supporting player. Or maybe Guy Pearce would be able to do the role justice as he has done some very gritty and quite violent parts in his career.

RB 400

alex-murphy game-xbox
robocop87
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: Bitches Leave!

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:06 am Reply with quote

would be nice if they somehow put peter weller in there

RB 40

Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:47 am Reply with quote

Yeah, it would be good if they did, possibly in the same capacity that they did with Dirk Benedict in the recent A-Team movie!

RB 2649

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
AceAlive1
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

Comment: I am VERY disappointed!

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:53 am Reply with quote

oops....i guess i made a topic that was already, discussed. silly me. sorry bout that Sad

RB 743

Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:29 am Reply with quote

Well you have been away for a while, so it can't be expected that you would know of all the previous topics!

Nancy would be easy to do a cameo, depending on what roles are available!

RB 2649

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
AceAlive1
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

Comment: I am VERY disappointed!

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:50 pm Reply with quote

all living stars from the original robocop movie need cameos. kinda like dawn of the dead tried to do in the remake.

RB 743

RoboDave
O-L5*

O-L5*

OCP POLICE 075

Comment: A sane man, in an insane world

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:36 pm Reply with quote

after seeing one of these in person at my local Ford dealer minus graphics on the side and roof bar I think THIS should be Robo's ride Wink.

2013 Ford Police Interceptor aka Ford Taurus, just give it the Detroit Police emblems on the door and add the light bar Smile.

RB 696

delorean-car
kinserfan11
O-L3

O-L3

TEAM EDWARD

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:58 pm Reply with quote

Dont forget the year the film takes place is 2028 so it is years in future so everything has look like in future NOT 1987 !

RB 241

game-xbox
Superquad7
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:51 pm Reply with quote

kinserfan11 :
Dont forget the year the film takes place is 2028 so it is years in future so everything has look like in future NOT 1987 !

Depends on the kind of future. I often times like the rugged, retro "used" future look of a lot of sets and props.

RB 549

Scratch Card
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:31 am Reply with quote

kinserfan11 :

Bah you brought up a seven year old topic with this? Really? You do know this topic is more about the remake we spitballed about and not really about the remake we got, right? That said, are you trying to imply that because R1 doesn't have a 'set' 'future year' it doesn't and doesn't have to look futuristic? Again, really?

Eh, we'll just skip that for now. Anyway, being frank the remake doesn't look or feel any more 'futuristic' than the original honestly, regardless of what year they purport it to be. If anything it doesn't look or feel very futuristic at all outside of RebootCop and a couple scant bits. Detroit '2028' looks like another city - no neon or fancy structures (nor any seedy rundown forgotten 'Old Detroit', for that matter). The cops look the same as cops today, the cars are just cars of today (or yesterday, rather) with those stupid wheel covers on them. All of which just makes the whole RebootCop part of it feel more forced and artificial rather than less.

Meanwhile the original - which admittedly also doesn't have many 'futuristic' props and setpieces either - still did it better and still feels just a tad out of reach even now. Most of it probably can be chalked up to what SQ7 said.. how it it has a ruggedness and grit to it, more 'fact-of-life' feel and not so shiny and neat and over-designed. But there are some pieces: the police wearing the 'tactical' uniforms, riot helmets and full armor and riding in 'jellybean' shaped cars - none of which was commonplace for cops in the eighties whatsoever. The good part of Detroit does look a tad different, the SUX that is somewhat plausible as a next-gen large barge of a car. Again just some things but they are there there and they are 'futuristic' for its time and more importantly they work and add to the whole rather than take away from it - both then, and even to an extent still now.

Again best I can explain it is that it works because it isn't all that futuristic and what future elements it has seem more grounded. The remake seems like it tries to be 'sort-of' futuristic but it comes off as phony. A tough line to find but R1 found it and the remake took a piss over it. The futurism in R2014 isn't grounded nor is it audacious. I grant maybe they were trying to find that balance like what was in R1.. well unfortunately they didn't.

In retrospect I'm glad those in the original chose to spend the money on the suit rather than production design for a neat-o advanced cityscape because - the awesomeness of the suit notwithstanding - it could easily have backfired and made the film feel fake and take away from its charm and aura. Though I hardly want everything to be the same as the original, I do hope Blomkamp's film - among other things - has that 'grounded futurism' in it similar to the original Robo.

Finally there's no year set for the original Robo and that is the wiser move. It doesn't limit itself that way and its a stronger film for it. How some things in reality have advanced while other arguably not so much Robo still has that again 'grounded future' feel that makes it possible it can still take place in the 'near future' even now. As for the remake.. 2028 will come and go just as 2019, 2015, etc have come and gone and all the movies with those fixed dates are now as then a tad lesser because of it.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard