New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Who saw RoboCop in the cinema?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Sgt. Reed
L-L2

L-L2

I know how real cops kick ass.

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:51 am Reply with quote

I wasn't born yet when it was released... Sad

RB 66

sgt-reed the-crow-figure mk-reptile
CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

Comment: Artificial intelligence beat real stupidity.

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:15 pm Reply with quote

I watched all three movies in theater. R2 sound effects was just heart pounding.

Bwaaaaaaaah!!! PEA SHOOTER!!!

RB 1965

robocop-figure4 RoboCain-v2 prototype-figure1 prototype-figure2 nuke-red-ramrod dvd-robocop2 Gun-T2 Mini Gun punisher-skull
Yarbles
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:56 am Reply with quote

missed Robo 1, I was only 7. but I saw it when it first came out on video when I was 8 and was hooked immediately

saw Robo 2 in the theatre when I was 10. Me and a friend snuck in, it was my first R-rated film I saw in the theatre, and since it was a new robo it was super special. I'll never forget that experience.

saw Robo 3 in the theatre when I was 13, and even though I was the exact age the film was intended for, I instantly knew I would never see a new Robo film in theatres again. It was that bad. but I still saw it 3 times...just trying to gat as much robo viewing in before the franchise died completely...

and then, finally, at age 26, i saw a screening of Robo 1 in L.A. this past May. It was awesome. then I met Verhoeven. also awesome. you all most likely have read my account of that experience, so i won't repeat.

I love seeing robo in the theatre. it's awesome!!!!

RB 3527

tsu
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: I'm the leech inside your mind sucking you out just leaving void

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:53 pm Reply with quote

I haven't seen unfortunately. I was five, when the first part was released. Not so long time ago I asked in the local cinema for a possibility to arrange a "night marathon" with all ROBOCOP movies, but they haven't any copy of them.

BTW - dunno if in your countries do exist something like in mine: I'm talking about this "night marathon" with movies, e.g. from 7 p.m./11 p.m. till 6 a.m./8 a.m. next day. We had a lot of marathons till now: nights with The Lord of the Rings (!!!), Matrix, some horrors, thrillers, marathons by genre, by producer etc. etc. - have you got anything like this in your local theatres? It's a really GREAT idea and pretty well, huh, obviously GREAT, night to be spent!

RB 1103

dvd-trilogy
SiR-ROUND
ABC WARRIOR

OCP3 - L3

Comment: Oh my god! They killed Kinney!

OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:15 pm Reply with quote

That's sweet.

I always wanted to go to an allnight horror show in Amsterdam, never got round to do it though, would be great to see the first two Robocops in cinema (again). Leave before that horrendous part 3 starts be home early...

mr green

RB 3346

judge-dredd judge-dredd-lawgiver judge-dredd-abcwarrior RoboCain-v2 terminator-endo terminator-skull evildead-book2 klf-album1
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quote

Tsu :
I asked in the local cinema for a possibility to arrange a "night marathon" with all ROBOCOP movies, but they haven't any copy of them.

hey maybe someone of this site could offer a copy for you !
btw also in my country is possible almost the same .. but damn that is too expensive ahh and also they would have problems with the copy mr green

ahh last weeken we were in cinema watch the Pirates 3 ahh small tears was in my eye and I soo wished to see on the big screen the Robocop 1 or a new film Crying or Very sad

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
RoboDave
O-L5*

O-L5*

OCP POLICE 075

Comment: A sane man, in an insane world

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:31 pm Reply with quote

i was only 12 when part 1 was released, so i only saw it on VHS (remember those Laughing ). I saw part 2 when i was i was 15 and took my 9 year old brother who was a huge fan of Robo from seeing the 1st film and watching the 88 cartoon and having the RoboCop and the Ultra Police toys as well. It was a blast seeing robo on the big screen for the first time, our copy of the film was messed up but it cleared up before the gunshop robbery/robo entrance. Me and my brother saw part 3 in the theaters when i was 18 and he was 11 as cheesy as it was at times and the lack of violence over part 1 and 2 i still enjoyed it and am glad to have all 3 films in the trilogy set.

RB 696

delorean-car
ed302
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:17 pm Reply with quote

oh, i saw all three when they were in the theartes...its when movies lasted months in the theartes in the 80s especially the first...which i saw it with my ex-girlfriend back then...

RB 457

Young_Jedi
Saviour of the Universe

O-L5

Comment: I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:23 pm Reply with quote

The third was never shown on big screen here in Bulgaria, but I've seen the first two. I must have been like 5 or 6 years old.

RB 732

Blueprint
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: I can feel them, but I can't remember them

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:15 pm Reply with quote

My Grandfather used to take me to the movies when I was a kid. I saw the best movies with him for the first time. Robo 1 and 2 were on the list.

RB 274

Young_Jedi
Saviour of the Universe

O-L5

Comment: I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:47 am Reply with quote

Same with me and my dad Smile
He took me to Godzilla vs Biollante and Jurassic Park
I also remember the 1st two Home Alone movies, the TMNT movies...

RB 732

Lizzeh
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: Get up, come on, get down with the sickness...

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:21 am Reply with quote

I never went to the cinema when I was little Sad I would LOVE to see robo on the big screen. The first time I saw Robocop was a few months ago

RB 3272

Lightsaber-Blue starwars-trooper starwars-scout starwars-darthvader starwars-bobafett half-life2-gordon starwars-royalguard cake
SiR-ROUND
ABC WARRIOR

OCP3 - L3

Comment: Oh my god! They killed Kinney!

OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:38 am Reply with quote

Shocked

Few months ago?

RB 3346

judge-dredd judge-dredd-lawgiver judge-dredd-abcwarrior RoboCain-v2 terminator-endo terminator-skull evildead-book2 klf-album1
Lizzeh
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: Get up, come on, get down with the sickness...

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:08 am Reply with quote

SiR-ROUND :
Shocked

Few months ago?

Yup Sad I didn't even know what it was until my friend started talking about it. He forced me to watch them (though I didn't need much persuading mr green) and I've had a slight robo-obsession ever since..

RB 3272

Lightsaber-Blue starwars-trooper starwars-scout starwars-darthvader starwars-bobafett half-life2-gordon starwars-royalguard cake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard