New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Who saw RoboCop in the cinema?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

azuma
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:39 am Reply with quote

I saw Robocop 2 in a Cinema in HK when I was 15.

Azuma

RB 402

anticlaus
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:59 am Reply with quote

twice. once in 87 and then again this past weekend in LA.

RB 2422

azuma
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:26 am Reply with quote

Sir, you are back!!

RB 402

Ponteral
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Dead or alive, you're coming with me.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:07 pm Reply with quote

I created topic about it. I saw RoboCop on big screen last year (from Blu-ray), in our city. I had private projection. I have to say, that it was so special moment. It was like watching RoboCop first time in my live.. Smile

RB 819

auto9 dvd-20th
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:14 pm Reply with quote

Oh yeah, and the your shiny award is the proof too Smile

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
Ponteral
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Dead or alive, you're coming with me.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:12 am Reply with quote

Yeah I guess so, but I think that you'll see the first RoboCop in the cinema too, it's only matter of time, but I'm sure you'll see it. With my little help.. Very Happy

RB 819

auto9 dvd-20th
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote

I saw all 3 in the movie theatre's..On their given release dates actually with the exception of Robo1 saw it a couple weeks after release...NOW WORSHIP AT MY ALTER OF MEGAFANNESS!..Smile

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
kinserfan11
O-L3

O-L3

TEAM EDWARD

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:49 am Reply with quote

I saw all them in movies except the series on sat dish and prime directives on syfy channel Very Happy

RB 241

game-xbox
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:58 am Reply with quote

I made up for not seeing the first two in theater by seeing R3 THREE times. I was 13 when it came out. I liked it (then).
I wasn't aware of R1 until I saw it at the video store (Marshall, TX-1989). I remember being at the cinema while R2 was playing and listening through the door because my parents wouldn't let me watch it. Sad

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
RoboOtaku
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:01 am Reply with quote

I was sadly too young to see it at the theater in 1987. I saw it on VHS when I was 5 or 6 and was instantly hooked. I was obsessed with the character, it became my absolute role model. I've watched the original movie at least 50 times in my life, every time it would run on TV I would watch it and I've seen pretty much every other movie several times (Yes, R3 included though not out of fondness lol) as well as the TV series, though only the first movie has stood the test of time and stuck with me as I grew older. I still enjoy the second movie from time to time but I don't revere it as much as the first.

As a child, I would have my older brother craft me Robocop armors of cardboard and I was possessed with the dream of becoming a police officer because of that movie up until my early teenage years when I learned I couldn't become one since I have color blindness... Not to sound over-dramatic but that's been one of the biggest let down of my life. I knew then like I know now that the movie is not necessarily a good representation of a cop's day at work but I still felt Murphy had qualities that were essential to being a good Police officer.

To this day, going on 30, I still watch the movie often and still get goosebumps when the scene plays out where Murphy goes back to his former home and gets flashbacks of his defunct life. Basil Poledouris's haunting theme still captivates and hypnotizes me; from its first notes it zaps me back to my childhood and fills me with nostalgia... And when I see the life fade from Peter Weller's eyes as Alex Murphy dies on the operating table in the beginning of the film, I am still mesmerized at how real it looks...

RB 33

IlyaG
O-L1*

O-L1*

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:55 pm Reply with quote

I saw the original in theaters in around 1990, but this was back when I lived in Europe (I was born and grew up there), and I was probably 8 years old at the time. I thought it was one of the greatest movies I've ever seen at the time, second only to Star Wars. My mom took me to see it, but the violence never bothered me since I just thought it was "cool" rather than some scary, traumatic experience.

This was the only time I had seen this movie for years, because it was not shown on TV and we didn't have a VHS tape of it.

Later on, around 1993, my family got a collection of VHS tapes from someone, which were all older movies taped from HBO/Cinemax showings, usually about 2-4 movies per tape. One of them had a copy of "American Ninja" taped on TOP of Robocop. So, for several years, the only way I could see Robocop was by watching American Ninja, and after the end credits, Robocop would pick up right from the middle of the drug factory shoot-out scene, and I'd watch it through to the end. In my mind, these two movies are now forever linked together.

RB 459

AlexRobo
O-L3

O-L3

Comment: "You gotta ask yourself one question, ED209, do you feel lucky?"

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:33 am Reply with quote

IlyaG :
I saw the original in theaters in around 1990, but this was back when I lived in Europe (I was born and grew up there), and I was probably 8 years old at the time. I thought it was one of the greatest movies I've ever seen at the time, second only to Star Wars. My mom took me to see it, but the violence never bothered me since I just thought it was "cool" rather than some scary, traumatic experience.

This was the only time I had seen this movie for years, because it was not shown on TV and we didn't have a VHS tape of it.

Later on, around 1993, my family got a collection of VHS tapes from someone, which were all older movies taped from HBO/Cinemax showings, usually about 2-4 movies per tape. One of them had a copy of "American Ninja" taped on TOP of Robocop. So, for several years, the only way I could see Robocop was by watching American Ninja, and after the end credits, Robocop would pick up right from the middle of the drug factory shoot-out scene, and I'd watch it through to the end. In my mind, these two movies are now forever linked together.

This reminds me of when I went to a friend's house back in 1990 and his older brother's friend had rented out RoboCop. Just when they were all set to watch it, they told us to go outside as it was an 18-rated film and there were scenes in it that were bound to be disturbing. We were 11 at the time and quite a few boys in my class had already seen it.

RB 400

alex-murphy game-xbox
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:55 pm Reply with quote

I saw it in theartes. I remember as my family walked out of the thearte, we were still by the door, and as they were talking about where to eat, or what to do next, I stood there staring back in at the credits. just staring at the credits.

It was pretty much the first time I got real chills (goosbumps).. and I said to myself. " I want to do that." I want to be part of something like this.

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
robodisciple
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:40 am Reply with quote

Sadly no i never got a chance to see the original robocop in theaters whenit came out in 1987 Crying or Very sad . I was born in 1986 and i was almost a year old when it premiered in'87. But that didnt stop my dad from letting me watch it for the first time when i was just two years old lol! And the same goes for robo 2&3 dint get to see them in theaters Crying or Very sad

RB 115

game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard