New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Who saw RoboCop in the cinema?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:37 am Reply with quote

Josh :
vegasrobo :
Whats so great about it?

It's not one of those rubbish Marvel films for a start. You know, the ones that get a good critical reception and make a fuck ton of money.

I wouldn't say that makes it great so much as less annoying in that particular regard. Still, that is something though.

Otherwise I think Demise put it for me, though I will add there were some other bits here and there that I really liked. As far as I see it, it's a good curiosity at best and that's pretty much it - It's not a horrid film but not 'awesome' either. Ultimately tastes are subjective - Some people really honestly dig the remake. Some (like myself) don't. To each their own.

Not that I care to see another debate (full-fledged or otherwise) about the pros and cons of the remake in itself, but I really think this thread ain't the appropriate place for it - This was just to note who saw RoboCop (that is, the original) in a theater. As I said prior, we all can technically say we've seen 'RoboCop' in the theater at this point, so unless you are gonna stick to the original topic's intent, the thread has lost much of its reverence and much of its point. Or something like that.. Bah.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:34 pm Reply with quote

Stan's a stay on topic cop. You got a ghost cop? Very Happy

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote

No.. nor do I have a AlienCop or a VampireCop. Damnit.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
ant
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Comment: I am RoboAnt!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:22 am Reply with quote

I saw RoboCop in VHS tape. I did see RoboCop 2 sequel in the theater. Both times I was preteen. Funny how my friends and I were allowed to see them. :P

RB 2616

cake
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:54 pm Reply with quote

This is a little off-topic, but I was able to see Robocop in theaters for the first time at an Exhumed Movie Marathon in Philly, PA! On the big screen, Robocop looked brilliant! I am glad to have gone. I love that some movie houses are just rerunning old great films for audiences to enjoy again. That is a great idea! Charge a few bucks to give you the real experience, nothing to get rich off of, and then get people to relive those great movies again!
Incidentally, the movie marathon featured a bunch of films with robot characters, including a Canadian clone of Robocop called The Vindicator (very good attempt, but a weak movie. We laughed a lot). We also saw Chopping Mall and Blade Runner. Both were very entertaining.

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
RoboBrand87
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: Come quietly or there will be... trouble.

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:44 pm Reply with quote

Sadly not. I first saw the Robocop films in about 2013 so I'm rather new to it. Robocop blew my mind and I've seen it about 50 times (maybe a little excessive) since discovering it. The second film I was less impressed with but I've seen that plenty of times. Same with Robocop 3. I've only ever seen the remake once, though.

RB 109

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:47 pm Reply with quote

RoboBrand87 :
I've seen it about 50 times (maybe a little excessive)

Hardly. tongue

Welcome, BTW.

Back to topic I hope we get some screens for the 30th anniversary next year and perhaps more of us can say we've seen RoboCop on that big beautiful screen. Y'know - the real RoboCop and not the one that was once described as a "cookie cutter generic crotch rocket riding taser shooting pussy".

RB 52679

RoboBrand87
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: Come quietly or there will be... trouble.

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:54 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Welcome, BTW.

Back to topic I hope we get some screens for the 30th anniversary next year and perhaps more of us can say we've seen RoboCop on that big beautiful screen. Y'know - the real RoboCop and not the one that was once described as a "cookie cutter generic crotch rocket riding taser shooting pussy".

Thanks. I actually joined about a year ago but I've only just started to post. I'm sure I'll enjoy my time here.
I had a chance to see the Robocop remake at the cinema in 2014 but decided to watch the Lego movie instead. Seems I made the right decision. Seeing the real Robocop on the big screen would be a dream come true.

RB 109

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:41 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
RoboBrand87 :
I've seen it about 50 times (maybe a little excessive)

Hardly. tongue

Welcome, BTW.

"cookie cutter generic crotch rocket riding taser shooting pussy"...
I tip my hat to you sir.Wink

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:26 am Reply with quote

Thanks, but Mr. Hell was the one who originally said that, I cannot take credit there - I'm only the repeat offender. Wink

RB 52679

RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:36 am Reply with quote

Hell does have a way with words... Laughing

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
TODD-209
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:51 pm Reply with quote

So far I've seen every film at the movies when they were originally released. I was thirteen when I saw the first one, so it was the perfect age for me to experience it. It blew my mind and I absolutely loved it from day one...

RB 1633

ultra4
HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:03 pm Reply with quote

ant :
I saw RoboCop in VHS tape. I did see RoboCop 2 sequel in the theater. Both times I was preteen. Funny how my friends and I were allowed to see them. :P

Same here, I was ten and the french rating was not under 12, but it was an old school cinema and the employees
didn 't care.Kind of place where drug deals occured in the toilets Laughing

RB 1199

game-xbox
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:18 pm Reply with quote

I've only seen R3 and R2014 at the cinema.

But in April I'll finally be seeing R1 at the cinema wahooo!

RB 4892

Ed-260
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard