New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Who saw RoboCop in the cinema?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

MattgomeryBurns
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:50 am Reply with quote

Yarbles :
missed Robo 1, I was only 7. but I saw it when it first came out on video when I was 8 and was hooked immediately

saw Robo 2 in the theatre when I was 10. Me and a friend snuck in, it was my first R-rated film I saw in the theatre, and since it was a new robo it was super special. I'll never forget that experience.

We're probably around the same age - that's how I experienced the first 2 movies too. And Robocop was the first R rated movie I ever saw (and probably shouldn't have seen at that age Laughing )

RB 217

hamburger
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:51 am Reply with quote

Jealous about you seeing R2 in cinema.

It always amazes me how so many of us Robo fans watched it under age. Who needs this R rating stuff haha!

RB 4892

Ed-260
MattgomeryBurns
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:44 am Reply with quote

You show a 10 year old a movie with a guy getting shot in the balls and you'll have a fan for life.

RB 217

hamburger
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:36 pm Reply with quote

MattgomeryBurns :
You show a 10 year old a movie with a guy getting shot in the balls and you'll have a fan for life.

lol Laughing

RB 4892

Ed-260
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:01 pm Reply with quote

My brother saw, I think, both R1 and R2 in theatres. They came out here quite late though, as my brother was born in '86 and my dad always tells the story of how my brother was peeking over the seats in the cinema and reading the subtitles to himself outloud during the R1 screening.

I only saw R2014 in theatres. Saw the original and R2 for the first time on a badly dubbed pirate VHS tape when I was 3. It's a good thing dad never cared about age-restrictions on movies Very Happy

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:26 am Reply with quote

Saw R3 in the cinema which was a bit of a come down.

I'll finally get my change with R1 as is being screened here in Brisbane in April and I can't wait. Then I just need to see R2 on the big screen.

RB 4892

Ed-260
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:52 am Reply with quote

Tomorrow is the big day! Can't wait to finally see R1 on the big screen!

RB 4892

Ed-260
BountyHunter
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:04 am Reply with quote

I saw 1 and 2 in the theatre, but not 3. Not sure why.

RB 14

kinserfan11
O-L3

O-L3

TEAM EDWARD

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:50 am Reply with quote

I saw 3 times in Theaters !

RB 241

game-xbox
gez1967
drop it . dead or alive your coming with me

L-L3

Comment: looking for me

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:24 am Reply with quote

never saw it back in the day was to young. but i did get a chance when they was showing it 2 years ago. so yep seen in and was ace

RB 1158

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
Robomania
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:45 am Reply with quote

I'd have been too young with first 2, don't think I actually caught the movies until around 96 I think. I'd sure go and see the new one if only they would make it Very Happy

RB 166

NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:42 pm Reply with quote

MattgomeryBurns :
Yarbles :
missed Robo 1, I was only 7. but I saw it when it first came out on video when I was 8 and was hooked immediately

saw Robo 2 in the theatre when I was 10. Me and a friend snuck in, it was my first R-rated film I saw in the theatre, and since it was a new robo it was super special. I'll never forget that experience.

We're probably around the same age - that's how I experienced the first 2 movies too. And Robocop was the first R rated movie I ever saw (and probably shouldn't have seen at that age Laughing )

I've often heard about "sneaking in" to the cinema/theater from Americans over the years. Very Happy Like how do you do that? In the UK you'd just get busted trying to sneak in straight away by the guy who is collecting tickets on the door. Very Happy Or does "sneak in", in America mean - "They shouldn't have really let us in as it was an R-rated movie, but we managed to get in anyway!", as opposed to actually physically sneaking into the building. Very Happy It's just that I've heard it so many times from American's, but I've never really heard of it happening on these shores.

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:50 pm Reply with quote

NukeLord :
I've often heard about "sneaking in" to the cinema/theater from Americans over the years. Very Happy Like how do you do that? In the UK you'd just get busted trying to sneak in straight away by the guy who is collecting tickets on the door. Very Happy Or does "sneak in", in America mean - "They shouldn't have really let us in as it was an R-rated movie, but we managed to get in anyway!", as opposed to actually physically sneaking into the building. Very Happy It's just that I've heard it so many times from American's, but I've never really heard of it happening on these shores.

From my experiences, someone collecting tickets at the door of every theatre is very rare. Usually you show a guy your ticket in the lobby, then go to your theatre. The one in my town is small, so there are only 4 theatres. Some of the massive cineplexes have like 20+ theatres, the dude clips your ticket when you first go in, then you are left to wander off to the appropriate theatre on your own. When I was a kid me and my friends would sneak into R rated movies all the time at the small theatre in my town, just buy a ticket for another movie starting around the same time and then go to the other movie. The first movie I snuck into was Wedding Crashers. I don't think anybody means they were like breaking into the building without paying, just sneaking into an R movie when they were underaged.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:43 pm Reply with quote

Pimp said it exactly. Suffice to say most theaters likely know kids are gonna see the R movies but as long as they pay they don't care much really. So that's just it. The ratings are mainly a guideline anyway, and arguably a fairly arbitrary one at that.

That said, my first was Scary Movie. Which was fun but I'm still envious as fuck at those of you that got to see any of those classic Robos on the big screen. Of course I got to see R1 on the side of City Hall in Dallas for the 30th shindig and that was a massive blast, especially with all the other Robo lovers, but just ain't the same. We all knew the greatness we were seeing and while that doesn't detract from the enjoyment any I can still only imagine what it was for those of you seeing it cold and coming out forever changed. Very Happy

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard