New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Could Lewis have saved Murphy's life??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:53 pm Reply with quote

You would think that with all the cop killings going on...they might be a bit more cautious.

Look at the scene when Murphy first sees Boddicker walking towards him.

Murphy knows he screwed at that point.

RB 495

Kevlar Antelope
Crime Prevention Unit

Sgt-L5

Comment: Kuwabara, Kuwabara...

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quote

Bottom line: They shouldn't have went in without backup.

Obviously they could have staked out and waited the guys inside where watching TV and what not just hanging out. They could have waited no rush, they could have got all of Clarence and his gang if they would have waited.

RB 1453

TMNT LaraCroft James Bond
Player1
O-L1

O-L1

Topic Necromancer

Comment: ...when I grow up, I'm gonna be just like RoboCop! :D

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:09 am Reply with quote

i personally think that even Lewis would be killed along with Murphy... (there were just 2 cops and.. how many bad guys with shotguns? 6-7?)

RB 217

Robo79
O-L1*

O-L1*

Comment: Murphy, transferring in from Metro South.

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:50 pm Reply with quote

As you've all said, Murphy and Lewis rushed into everything without giving it any serious thought whatsoever.

Still, I always got the impression that they went in without back-up, however reckless they were, because they were desperate to nail a man who had been responsible for the deaths of 31 police officers, despite him having a gang to support him, and maybe they were worried that if they waited for long in the police car, then there'd be a chance that Boddicker and his men would leave immediately. So they basically wanted to catch them as soon as possible.

Also, without the ensuing tragic events, we wouldn't have had the movie, would we? Wink

RB 110

Rambo-Knife game-xbox
supes2705
L-L3

L-L3

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:20 pm Reply with quote

Robo79 :
As you've all said, Murphy and Lewis rushed into everything without giving it any serious thought whatsoever.

Still, I always got the impression that they went in without back-up, however reckless they were, because they were desperate to nail a man who had been responsible for the deaths of 31 police officers, despite him having a gang to support him, and maybe they were worried that if they waited for long in the police car, then there'd be a chance that Boddicker and his men would leave immediately. So they basically wanted to catch them as soon as possible.

Also, without the ensuing tragic events, we wouldn't have had the movie, would we? Wink

Too true but still, Lewis had her mind on the blokes Schmeckel, and part of it could of been avoided, i wonder where lewis his till the cops arrived since Boddickers gang may of still been lurking around somewhere

RB 162

Lightsaber-Green S-Shield dc-superman doctor-who-dalek VoorHees-Mask batman-joker dvd-20th
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:48 am Reply with quote

supes2705 :
i wonder where lewis his till the cops arrived since Boddickers gang may of still been lurking around somewhere

[Yoda-mode]Not watched the movie, have you? tongue[End Yoda-mode]

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Law Giver
Law Master of Aquilonia

L-L4

Comment: Boob Snortin' and Dicky Boy

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:23 am Reply with quote

If Lewis did anything more than what you see in the movie, we wouldnt even have the MOVIE! oh dear Wink

RB 723

judge-dredd-lawgiver conan-sword punisher-skull conan-sword2 terminator-skull Rambo-Knife
RobbieValiant
Amateur Screenwriter

O-L1

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:21 pm Reply with quote

This argument reminds me a lot of a similar argument in another fandom I'm in, the Danny Phantom fandom. Someone argued that since Sam had the chance (which she actively denied- "I'm his friend, not his mom.") to stop Danny from cheating, and thus avert the chain of events leading to the timeline where everything's a dystopic apocalypse and Danny's turned evil, she's responsible for it. Both come down to this: She had no way of knowing this, so it makes no sense to blame her.

RB 460

batman-Joker2 Johnny5
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:40 pm Reply with quote

RobbieValiant :
She had no way of knowing this, so it makes no sense to blame her.

Yeah deciding to go in without backup against a gang of ruthless cop killers who know the layout of the place better and have much more fire-and man-power then you is completely acceptable. Sure, she might not have been able to know that was what was going to happen, but it's still not a smart move at all.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Bambi
O-L4

O-L4

Comment: These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:44 am Reply with quote

They had courage, but didn't think it through, they should have waited for backup.

RB 45

Halo-Master
RoboTrap
OmniCon - A Silver Future

L-L2

Comment: RoboCop: The Future's Silver Lining

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:39 am Reply with quote

Robo79 :

Except they didn't know it was Boddicker. All they knew is that they were chasing down some bank robbers. That's why Murphy got the "oh fuck me" close-up when he saw Clarence waltzing up, he didn't realize who he was screwing with until that moment.

RB 13970

ultra1 robocop-figure4 lewis-figure RoboBadge ultra4 ultra5 ultra6
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:25 am Reply with quote

Philip17 :

And the problem is not she looking for the dick,the real problem is she being to close to him!!!! If she was a little far way, she could look, and yet he would not be able to reach her gun!!!

(and stop making dumb jokes about "her wanting to bl*w him", she is a fine cop, but got carried away...)

lol, yeah she only looked down cause she noticed a bowtie on his thong.

of course she was checking out his package. The dude was black, and Im sure his shit was like a foot long, he was probably swinging it around like a party favor.

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
MurphysGal
Sgt-L5*

Sgt-L5*

Comment: Stay Out of Trouble

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:31 am Reply with quote

I think even if she had not sneaked a pick, Joe would have found another way to get her out of the way. They both made the mistake of going in there without back-up and splitting up, but i don't think Lewis would have been able to stop Murph getting killed, she probally would have also been killed as well, it was sad that he had to die, but if he hadn't of died then it defeats the purpose of the movie.

RB 272

Skeith
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: Robocop - He Is Only Human... He Is Alex Murphy

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:16 pm Reply with quote

My oinion on this matter is that of course if you look closely - it's a flaw. Reckless, hotshot behavior that lead to the death of a cop (Alex). It's a movie plot so without that there would be no robocop as we know it :P

Ok. What would've happen if Lewis was not so reckless.
Remember that she was knocked out with just a simple one blow.
Ok. She was not knocked out.
She shows herself at the room where Alex is. So many people, big space and no options for 2 separate cops. They could not even cover each other.
They would be just shot together. Massacred. No really - they stood no chance whatsoever.
Let's count the Clarence's gang members...
Too much for 2 cops to handle, is it not.

And to come to conclusion.
Of course the scripter could not know all the books of police work - never go without backup in this situation and so on. So he made it like this.

I would not talk about PD (you all know why) when it shows Alex as NOT a hotshot cop like he is in the real Robocop.

Conclusion - Reckless, hotshot and young plus unexperienced.

RB 120

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard