New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

My other favourite Peter Weller film
Goto page Previous  1, 2

AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:15 am Reply with quote

I haven't actually watched any other Weller films other than RoboCop 1 and 2. Any recommendations?

CREDITS 409

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:21 am Reply with quote

AlexMurphy :
I haven't actually watched any other Weller films other than RoboCop 1 and 2. Any recommendations?

Naked Lunch is weird and doesn't make a ton of sense the first time through, and the effects are a little dated (more so then Robocop) but it's a damn good film, and Weller really makes the difference. Buckaroo Banzai is decent, but nothing amazing. Those are the only other two I've seen.

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Robo79
O-L1*

O-L1*

Comment: Murphy, transferring in from Metro South.

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:09 pm Reply with quote

Shakedown is a decent action film. I haven't seen it for over a decade, but I remember enjoying it. Peter Weller and Sam Elliott made a great team as they went on the trail of a gang of bent cops. Patricia Charbonneau from RoboCop 2 was Weller's love interest and Antonio Fargas (Huggy Bear from Starsky & Hutch) was in it, too.

It was directed by James Glickenhaus (The Exterminator).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnsXUA0_424

Have any of you seen Cat Chaser? I taped it back in 1996 and I remember it being a pretty strong film. As always, Pete was the good guy, but it had a Latin American dictator in it who liked using garden shears to torture men who were seeing his wife and Charles Durning played a hitman who made his victims strip before killing them Twisted Evil . Abel Ferrara directed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG-jNFfT-y4

CREDITS 156

Rambo-Knife game-xbox
MurphysGal
Sgt-L5*

Sgt-L5*

Comment: Stay Out of Trouble

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:32 am Reply with quote

I have Road to Ruin on loan from my local library, i haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Has anyone seen this movie yet and is it any good??

CREDITS 71

JamesBond_2019
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:39 am Reply with quote

Other Peter Weller films I like are:
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai: Across the Eighth Dimension
Leviathan
Naked Lunch
Screamers

I'm sure I've seen more movies with him in them but those three I remember the most.

CREDITS 10

RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:29 pm Reply with quote

I liked Peter Weller in Buckaroo Banzai, Shakedown, Leviathan, and Of Unknown Origin!

CREDITS 52

RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:47 pm Reply with quote

YES, ROBOLEWIS! Buckaroo Banzai is awesome!
For science fiction, go with Screamers and Leviathan. For action/drama, I liked Shakedown. For horror/thriller Of Unknown Origin.

CREDITS 35

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard