New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

How many times have you watched Robocop?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Tyrannic
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:05 pm Reply with quote

i've seen the original trilogy about 50 times (each movie 50 times, if not more)

the entire series i've watched around 15 times (some more than others = Corporate Raiders for example, i've seen that one at least 20 times, my all time fav with robocop vs commander cash following a close second)

Prime directives... they arent bad, wouldnt consider them the best but it definately has its own style

cable made it worth watching, the cable badassness was equal to weller in 1 =D

i do have one major complaint about PD though

took this screen cap when i watched resurrection last night

http://www.freewebs.com/voyager_elite/Suit%20Clips.JPG

the clips on the suits (robo and cable)

yeah...

RB 15

Griker
O-L1*

O-L1*

Comment: AL()ENS vs. PRED.'.TOR

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:59 am Reply with quote

I watched Robocop way to many times i think the first time i saw it was when i was like 1 and a half years old my parents named me Alex after Alex Murphy

RB 35

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:20 am Reply with quote

RoboCop I had to watch hundreds of times, and I do mean hundreds. This was the only one I owned and for quite some time used to watch it once every two days. I watched it so many times that a decade later I could still quote the movie. I just bought the trilogy on DVD a year ago so R2 and R3 arent even close to original's viewing number. I usually rewatch movies once a year or two, this way they stay fresh and I continue watching them instead of looking at them - something that happens when you see the movie too often and too many times. It also causes silly nitpicking

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
LuanaTF
RoboMommy

Sgt-L2

Comment: Always around robots, real and fictional

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote

Robocop : twice
Robocop 2 : twice and a half
Robocop 3 : about 10 times I think, on VHS some years ago, and recently 3 times on DVD
The Series : 4-5 times
Animated Series : endless times as a kid ^^ I still have the VHS's
Prime Directive: never watched it. Got to do some research on it first...

RB 1518

dvd-robocop1 baby-food
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:58 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Robocop 2 : twice and a half

Smile Hah .. why just a half ? I always have to watch entire film !

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
LuanaTF
RoboMommy

Sgt-L2

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:01 pm Reply with quote

Nika Silwerra :

Because those 2 times I first watched it, I had panic attacks from the violent scenes. I still can't watch those, so I can't watch the whole movie yet Sad

RB 1518

dvd-robocop1 baby-food
darrell89
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:45 am Reply with quote

I have seriously watched it religiously from age 4, im now nearly 21

I wore out an old recorded vhs of it, then went out bought a new copy for my 10th bday and now have the dvd trilogy and am gonna pick up the blu ray

RoboCop is one of my all time favs Smile

RB 24

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:38 am Reply with quote

I watched all 3 of the movies alot. R2 the most. As far as how many times. To average it out, probably once a week for 18 years or so.

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
LuanaTF
RoboMommy

Sgt-L2

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:39 am Reply with quote

Wow! Once a week for 18 years! Very Happy Talk about passion, hehe.

RB 1518

dvd-robocop1 baby-food
Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:56 am Reply with quote

Out of all the members here, I probably watch it the least.

I dare not mention how little, but I tend to not watch/listen/do my favorite things because I don't want them to get dull and old.

Sometimes I'll go through an obsessive period where one movie or band or etc is enjoyed for weeks straight. Guiltily knowing that I'm dulling the hell out of that once sharp and piercing blade named infatuation.

RB 464

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
LuanaTF
RoboMommy

Sgt-L2

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:03 am Reply with quote

I try to do that too, not over-do with watching/do whatever with things I love to avoid boredom... and to focus on the rest of my life too. ^^ I'm afraid of addictions.

RB 1518

dvd-robocop1 baby-food
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:41 pm Reply with quote

I'll make an update for myself. Though I really can't remember how many total times I've watched the Robo films, it's really not quite that much.

Mainly because of my steel-trap, photographic-memory head. Whenever I feel like watching 'em I'll watch 'em, but it ain't all that often. Mainly because I've seen them enough that I pretty much remember the whole movie enough to describe most of the scenery and recite all the lines.

Usually, on a film I really enjoy, I only need to watch it a handful of times to have everything down-pat. But out of repeat viewings, RoboCop is without doubt, the one I enjoy re-watching most.

Since I remember my fav films so well, the main reason I get DVDs, other than having the films un-cut and un-edited is to see all the 'extras' stuff. Hey, I like knowing as much as I can about my favorite films.

Anyway, yes I've seen all films numerous times, not really a massive amount, but still too much to even count (R3 would be the lowest amount, however tongue) The original Series I've seen in it's entirety now though, so I can at least say I've seen that much more. Smile

As for PD, I've never caught it in it's entirety. I've seen most of a couple episodes when it first aired, and maybe about the same when they re-aired some time later. I don't really remember much so I guess it's not something I liked much. :roll:

I've yet to see any of the cartoons either. Shit, for the longest time, I never knew such a thing existed.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:30 am Reply with quote

LuanaTF :
Nika Silwerra :

Because those 2 times I first watched it, I had panic attacks from the violent scenes. I still can't watch those, so I can't watch the whole movie yet Sad

There are still some scenes in R2 that I have to turn around from because they are so graphic, mainly Cain's operation. Pretty hardcore stuff

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
LuanaTF
RoboMommy

Sgt-L2

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:11 pm Reply with quote

Yes, KidGoesWild. Same here. I wish I were stronger to watch it, but I can't push it too far. :roll:

Though, I managed to watch the whole remaining movie, and I'm glad I could enjoy that finally. Smile

RB 1518

dvd-robocop1 baby-food
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard